Monday, May 10, 2010
council@muc.xmpp.org
May
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
           
XMPP Council Room | https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation#council | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[00:48:22] *** Tobias has joined the room
[00:59:44] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[01:14:22] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[02:09:22] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[02:24:34] *** julm shows as "online" and his status message is "Attaché."
[02:25:34] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[03:54:36] *** Tobias has left the room
[05:51:27] *** Tobias has joined the room
[07:13:59] *** Tobias has left the room
[07:41:22] *** Tobias has joined the room
[08:01:28] *** Tobias has left the room
[09:00:50] *** Tobias has joined the room
[10:49:00] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:38:56] *** Tobias has joined the room
[12:26:53] *** stpeter has joined the room
[12:27:06] *** Kev has joined the room
[12:27:06] *** Kev shows as "online"
[12:38:04] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away"
[12:38:19] *** Kev shows as "online"
[13:03:19] *** Kev has left the room
[13:03:27] *** Kev has joined the room
[13:05:59] <Kev> Excellent.
[13:06:09] <stpeter> hi Kev!!! ;-)
[13:06:31] <Kev> I'm glad that my suggestion that we skip a week so I wouldn't bother turning up for a meeting on holiday was turned down because it's too important that we have a Council meeting every week.
[13:06:56] <Kev> I'm also glad I made the effort to be here.
[13:06:56] <stpeter> :P
[13:07:03] <stpeter> you get a gold star!
[13:07:21] <stpeter> Kev: would you like me to draft warning text for the message archiving spec?
[13:07:30] <Kev> Oh, right, that's still on my list.
[13:07:41] <stpeter> I'm pushing on the tech review team regarding the file transfer specs
[13:07:59] <Kev> I'm happy for you to do it if you have the time, I'm unlikely to get to it this week (or next, which looks horrendously busy).
[13:08:08] <stpeter> I suppose that Ralph and I need to coordinate about pubsub
[13:08:20] <Kev> I saw you pushing for the file transfer review, thanks.
[13:08:30] <Kev> I have a comment about MUC, unhelpfully.
[13:08:42] <stpeter> is it just me or is there a lack of energy of late?
[13:09:15] <Kev> Which is that the disco identity for a room is the same as for a service, which isn't that helpful when you're trying to discover rooms.
[13:09:27] *stpeter nods
[13:09:31] <stpeter> good point
[13:09:52] <Kev> (In fact, in the registry there's an entry for a directory of rooms, but MUC doesn't use this, in favour of conference for both service and room)
[13:09:52] <stpeter> XEP-0045 was defined soon after XEP-0030 and we didn't have a clear idea of how to use disco at the time
[13:10:14] <Kev> Yes, there's a definite lack of energy within the XSF at the moment.
[13:10:39] <stpeter> ok, at least I'm not the only one who thinks so
[13:10:50] <Kev> For me too, because I've been trying to head-down and get Swift done.
[13:10:51] <stpeter> nothing says we need to maintain the XSF
[13:11:06] <stpeter> we could put it in maintenance mode :)
[13:11:40] <Kev> I think it serves a purpose, it just needs to one of these re-imagining movies that seems to be the rage these days.
[13:11:51] <stpeter> :)
[13:12:43] <Kev> So, as the only Council member here, and despite not having quorum, I'm going to declare that there's no meeting next week, and that the next meeting will be 1800GMT 24th May.
[13:12:46] <Tobias> maintenance mode?
[13:12:48] *** ralphm has joined the room
[13:13:08] <Kev> Evening Ralph.
[13:13:13] <Tobias> Kev: someone should put it in the calendar this time ;)
[13:13:22] <ralphm> eh, wow. I got messages from the future
[13:13:27] <Kev> Tobias: MattJ volunteered to keep the calendar up to date for us.
[13:13:30] <stpeter> Tobias: sure, like we don't do any new work, just maintain the old stuff
[13:13:38] <Tobias> stpeter: ahh :)
[13:13:39] <stpeter> I thought I added this one to the calendar
[13:13:47] <ralphm> could somebody set up ntp for our server?
[13:13:58] <Tobias> stpeter: there is an entry for last week
[13:14:09] <stpeter> Tobias: you're right
[13:14:16] <stpeter> now I'll set up an entry for next week :P
[13:14:24] <Kev> ralphm: it seems to be correct.
[13:14:29] <Tobias> i thought there is no meeting next week
[13:14:30] <Tobias> ?
[13:14:35] <Kev> Comparing it to my NTP-configured machine at home.
[13:14:37] <stpeter> or the week after
[13:14:43] <Kev> Tobias: correct. No meeting next week, meeting the week after.
[13:14:55] <ralphm> Kev: odd, I got messages from 20:12 in the history when I joined
[13:15:01] <Kev> So there was one today, 10th May. None 17th May. Next is 24th May
[13:15:09] <stpeter> Kev: got it
[13:15:24] *stpeter will be flying to New York on the 24th
[13:15:34] <Kev> stpeter: glamorous.
[13:15:42] <ralphm> What's there?
[13:15:47] <stpeter> Kev: IESG retreat, not so glamorous ;-)
[13:15:56] <ralphm> Hutje op de hei?
[13:16:18] <Kev> Anyway, it's over 10 minutes now, we've only got Ralph and me, so no quorum.
[13:16:30] <stpeter> I checked in changes to council/events.xml
[13:16:34] <Kev> I'll send out not-minutes saying as such, telling people we're skipping next week.
[13:16:38] <Kev> Thanks Peter.
[13:16:45] <Kev> I'll then go and enjoy my week off.
[13:16:51] <stpeter> Kev: enjoy!
[13:17:04] <ralphm> Sorry, my train was delayed
[13:17:05] <stpeter> ralphm: how would you like to work on XEP-0060?
[13:17:27] <ralphm> After 1.13?
[13:17:57] <stpeter> no, for 1.13
[13:18:15] <stpeter> we need to de-delete some stuff
[13:18:20] <stpeter> things that were in 1.12
[13:18:22] <ralphm> ah
[13:18:23] *** Kev has left the room
[13:18:35] <ralphm> I thought we might be able to just revert some commits
[13:18:36] <ralphm> ;-)
[13:18:40] *** Kev has joined the room
[13:18:41] *** Kev shows as "online"
[13:18:50] <stpeter> ralphm: I doubt it will be quite that easy
[13:18:58] *** Kev shows as "xa"
[13:19:10] <ralphm> yeah
[13:19:20] <Kev> Right, thanks for turning up, AFK now.
[13:19:29] <ralphm> Let's see
[13:19:32] <stpeter> ralphm: if you could find line numbers in the diff from 1.12 then I can revert those changes
[13:19:50] <stpeter> that would be http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0060/diff/1.12/vs/1.13rc13 I suppose
[13:20:10] <stpeter> (or section numbers)
[13:20:26] <ralphm> I could extract both versions and run it through meld
[13:20:42] <ralphm> selectively copying diffs back and forth
[13:20:51] <ralphm> and then commit
[13:21:09] <stpeter> sure that would be fine
[13:21:14] <ralphm> I wonder if I still have an account
[13:21:33] <stpeter> I think we're talking about a few small sections of the document
[13:21:36] *** nathan has joined the room
[13:21:45] <ralphm> yeah
[13:21:55] <stpeter> heck, if you tell me which sections I can find the appropriate diffs from 1.12
[13:21:58] <stpeter> hi nathan!
[13:22:04] <nathan> Howdy. :/ Sorry I'm late.
[13:22:14] <stpeter> nathan: this meeting didn't get into the calendar
[13:22:22] <ralphm> reaching quorum here
[13:22:25] <stpeter> heh
[13:22:36] <stpeter> Remko is offline
[13:22:55] *** jkhii has joined the room
[13:22:57] <nathan> Matt?
[13:23:00] *ralphm looks at the huge diff
[13:23:02] <stpeter> he's NA
[13:23:07] <stpeter> or xa
[13:23:17] <Tobias> stpeter: strangely calendars don'T seem to be builded automatically anymore
[13:23:21] <Tobias> i'll investigate that later
[13:23:24] <stpeter> Tobias: ok
[13:23:31] <stpeter> Tobias: maybe I didn't run the right script?
[13:23:49] <Tobias> the way it's supposed to work is that you don't need to run any script :)
[13:23:57] <ralphm> stpeter: at least 7.1
[13:23:59] <stpeter> heh
[13:24:21] <stpeter> ralphm: right
[13:24:31] <stpeter> so the issues were (1) batch processing and ...?
[13:25:00] <stpeter> something about subids
[13:25:01] <ralphm> sid's for pending subscriptions
[13:26:00] <ralphm> I think also 7.2
[13:26:16] <ralphm> as I see batch item retractions were removed, too
[13:26:57] <ralphm> 12.8/10
[13:27:00] <ralphm> 12.9
[13:28:08] <stpeter> ok
[13:28:08] <ralphm> reference [20] in Appendix G
[13:28:46] <stpeter> sure, I can just search for "batch" in the SVN history
[13:31:10] <ralphm> Oh, right ;-)
[13:31:33] <ralphm> I just happened to look in all the places, I see
[13:31:33] <stpeter> ok I shall take a look at that one evening this week
[13:32:17] <ralphm> there is also a link to result-set management that had reference 20
[13:32:24] <stpeter> then you, nathan, and I can chat about 1.13+
[13:32:27] <ralphm> and now seems to just mention a XEP number
[13:32:28] <stpeter> yes
[13:32:44] <ralphm> Ah, that's also in my notes
[13:33:21] <ralphm> As the old 20 seems to be equivalent to 19
[13:33:26] <ralphm> that could maybe merge
[13:33:44] <ralphm> but that'd mean renumbering all others, so probably not a good idea
[13:34:04] *stpeter shrugs
[13:34:14] <stpeter> those are just reference numbers, I don't care about renumbering
[13:34:26] <ralphm> oh
[13:34:41] <ralphm> good thing nobody ever uses these numbers
[13:35:06] <ralphm> in legal texts they just just leave vacancies
[13:35:17] <stpeter> :)
[13:35:24] <stpeter> no lawyers here, just us geeks!
[13:35:55] <ralphm> nod
[13:36:01] <ralphm> ok cool
[13:36:07] <stpeter> on the phone, brb
[13:41:19] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[13:45:04] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[13:47:29] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away"
[13:55:04] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[14:05:04] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:08:02] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:08:14] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[14:21:16] *** Kev shows as "xa"
[14:25:04] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[14:28:53] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:32:27] *** nathan shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:32:36] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[14:35:04] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:46:28] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[14:52:27] *** nathan shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:55:19] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[14:59:10] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away"
[14:59:16] *** Kev shows as "xa"
[15:00:19] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[15:03:32] *** Kev has left the room
[15:13:49] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[15:18:50] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[15:25:44] *** nathan shows as "online" and his status message is "Howdy howdy howdy."
[15:27:00] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[15:32:01] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[15:50:27] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:53:26] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[16:20:53] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:30:53] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[16:38:31] *** stpeter has left the room
[16:45:47] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:49:02] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[17:09:21] *** Tobias shows as "xa" and his status message is "zzz"
[17:29:44] *** jkhii shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[17:31:01] *** jkhii shows as "online"
[17:32:15] *** jkhii has left the room
[17:49:56] *** Tobias has left the room
[17:50:42] *** nathan shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[17:55:03] *** nathan shows as "online" and his status message is "Howdy howdy howdy."
[18:05:53] *** nathan shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[18:07:16] *** nathan shows as "online" and his status message is "Howdy howdy howdy."
[18:17:19] *** nathan shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[18:29:03] *** nathan shows as "online" and his status message is "Howdy howdy howdy."
[19:07:47] *** nathan has left the room