Wednesday, February 16, 2011
council@muc.xmpp.org
February
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
  1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
           
             
XMPP Council Room | https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation#council | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[00:16:34] *** stpeter has left the room
[01:01:02] *** Tobias has joined the room
[01:01:05] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[01:01:34] *** Tobias has left the room
[07:24:46] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:03:50] *** Kev shows as "away"
[08:24:38] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:29:21] *** bear has left the room
[08:29:21] *** bear has joined the room
[08:50:00] *** Kev shows as "away"
[08:52:06] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:13:12] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:13:29] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[09:13:52] *** Tobias has left the room
[09:28:08] *** Tobias has joined the room
[10:58:31] *** bear has left the room
[10:58:31] *** bear has joined the room
[11:10:39] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:11:05] *** Tobias has joined the room
[11:11:14] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[11:13:00] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[11:13:49] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[11:30:35] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:32:24] *** Tobias has joined the room
[12:27:04] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[12:49:08] *** Tobias has left the room
[12:56:40] *** Tobias has joined the room
[14:07:53] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:11:24] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[15:45:33] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:52:30] <stpeter> greetings
[15:53:20] *** waqas has joined the room
[15:53:56] *** petermount has joined the room
[15:53:56] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:54:38] <Kev> Hey.
[15:54:59] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:55:45] <stpeter> how goes it?
[15:56:13] *stpeter looks around for Council members to poke
[15:56:51] <stpeter> Matthew's <status/> says "Walking" :)
[15:56:55] *** David Banes has joined the room
[15:57:30] <Kev> Busy.
[15:57:42] <David Banes> Hi, are these sessions open for 'listen only'?
[15:57:47] <stpeter> sure!
[15:57:52] <Kev> David Banes: Yes.
[15:58:01] <David Banes> OK, I'll listen while having my afternoon tea
[15:58:03] *** remko has joined the room
[15:58:03] *** remko shows as "online"
[15:58:14] <Kev> Tobias: Where's the difftool? I've forgotten
[15:58:19] <stpeter> David Banes: you can even say things -- but only Council members have a vote
[15:58:38] <David Banes> OK, thnx .
[15:58:42] <waqas> Does someone have a link to the agenda?
[15:59:22] *** ralphm has joined the room
[15:59:30] <waqas> stpeter: Aside: Is the .im registrar in this list at all? http://www.pir.org/get/registrars?order=field_dnssec_value&sort=desc
[15:59:31] <stpeter> waqas: we just post it (and discuss topics) on the council@xmpp.org list, anyone can subscribe
[15:59:35] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[15:59:59] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "in a meeting!"
[16:00:01] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:00:59] *ralphm waves
[16:01:10] <stpeter> waqas: good point, I'll ask them about DNSSEC support
[16:03:11] <stpeter> so have we all recovered from the Summit? :)
[16:03:28] <remko> or from not being at the summit
[16:03:35] <stpeter> heh
[16:03:38] <Kev> I suspect I'll never recover from that.
[16:03:47] <remko> Kev: you missed some good pizza and steak ;-)
[16:03:54] <Kev> Not helping.
[16:03:58] <linuxwolf> and ribs
[16:04:04] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:04:09] <stpeter> was the pizza any good?
[16:04:22] <Kev> Right, meeting time.
[16:04:29] <Kev> 1) Roll call.
[16:04:58] <linuxwolf> I think I'm here
[16:04:59] *** Hirotaka Sato has joined the room
[16:04:59] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:05:00] <Kev> I see a Kevin, one MattM and a Ralph. I don't see a MattJ or a Fritzy.
[16:05:02] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:05:11] <Kev> 2) Agenda bashing.
[16:05:45] <Kev> No? Good.
[16:05:57] <Kev> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/vcard4.html
Accept as a XEP?
[16:06:04] <linuxwolf> +1 (-:
[16:06:23] <ralphm> +1
[16:06:23] <ralphm> I have severe lag
[16:06:26] <Kev> There are little inconsistencies here, like saying to dump the <vcards/> wrapper, but then having examples that include it, but I'm happy to publish.
[16:06:42] <ralphm> on 2), there were some suggestions. Not sure what to do
[16:06:43] <stpeter> Kev: yeah I tried to clean it up while in Brussels but didn't quite finish, I think
[16:06:58] <linuxwolf> I'll work with the author or the editor on that
[16:07:13] <Kev> ralphm: You mean you have agenda bashing?
[16:08:18] <ralphm> Kev: well you said you were adding stuff to the agenda, but I didn't see an updated one.
[16:08:51] <Kev> ralphm: I thought it was a given that once I'd said 'these are on the agenda' that I didn't need to send out an updated one.
[16:09:09] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:09:28] <Kev> 4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0198-1.2.html
Accept new version?
[16:09:56] <Kev> I confess to not having read the diff yet, I need to find where the difftool is and check them. I'll vote on list.
[16:09:59] <stpeter> unfortunately it seems that the diff tool is not working
[16:10:02] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:10:25] *** dwd has joined the room
[16:10:30] <Kev> Ah, lovely.
[16:10:37] <Kev> Ok, so I need to poke iteam about that, then.
[16:10:51] <Kev> Either Ralph or Matt want to vote on 198-1.2?
[16:10:57] <stpeter> at least it's no longer working for me
[16:11:01] <linuxwolf> I need to read the new one again
[16:11:02] <ralphm> not yet
[16:11:07] <Kev> Ok - you have a fortnight :)
[16:11:21] <stpeter> dwd: could you review 198 as well?
[16:11:24] <Kev> 5) Soon-to-expire XEPs:
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0215.html
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0275.html
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0276.html
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0277.html

[16:11:35] <stpeter> dwd: I want to make sure I incorporated everything from your patch
[16:11:38] <dwd> I can, but as Kev might tell you, I'm a shade overworked...
[16:11:39] *** waqas has left the room
[16:11:46] <stpeter> dwd: um yeah, I understand
[16:12:02] <Kev> Not that there's anything for Council to do about these, unless someone fancies updating them.
[16:12:21] *** waqas has joined the room
[16:12:28] <stpeter> I poked the Jingle list and several Collabora contributors about 276
[16:12:45] <stpeter> the others could always be resurrected in the future if desired
[16:12:52] <stpeter> I just wanted to keep the Council in the loop
[16:12:56] <Kev> It only takes an update :)
[16:13:01] <stpeter> yep
[16:13:15] <Kev> 6) Date of next meeting.
[16:13:19] <stpeter> waqas: http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/council
[16:13:21] <dwd> I may choose to resurrect 277 at some stage, but not right now.
[16:13:26] <Kev> Next Wednesday, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel?
[16:13:29] <ralphm> xep-0277 needs some use cases
[16:13:51] <stpeter> dwd: yes I think it's a bit early for the microblogging stuff, and others are more interested in it than I am, it seems
[16:13:53] <dwd> ralphm, The big problem is that there are two quite distinct models, and we need to pick one.
[16:13:56] *stpeter nods to ralphm
[16:13:58] <ralphm> also, I am more interested in a slightly broader scope
[16:14:05] <ralphm> (than pure microblogging)
[16:14:10] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:14:11] <stpeter> Kev: works for me
[16:14:14] <dwd> ralphm, macroblogging?
[16:14:27] <ralphm> dwd: well, we shove around quite some atom ovre xmpp
[16:14:29] <David Banes> fyi - there was a general feeling at SeaBeyond that xep-0277 wasn't a lot of use in it's current form .. just 'sayin
[16:14:34] <dwd> ralphm, Like microblogging, except there's a minimum number of characters.
[16:14:37] <ralphm> for federation purposes
[16:14:42] <ralphm> including activity streams
[16:14:43] *stpeter adds next week's Council meeting to the calendar
[16:14:47] <Kev> Thanks.
[16:14:52] <Kev> 7) AOB
[16:14:56] <stpeter> David Banes: yes that seems to be the general feeling all around
[16:15:02] <Kev> Oh, right.
[16:15:03] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:15:04] <Kev> GSoC.
[16:15:07] <stpeter> ah yes
[16:15:12] <stpeter> already? ;-)
[16:15:13] <Kev> I'm assuming we're applying again.
[16:15:31] <Kev> I saw bear announce that he was going to be admin this year, so I guess Board have discussed this, but I didn't notice the minutes :)
[16:15:53] <ralphm> David Banes: I didn't get into good talks with the other people around at FOSDEM to talk much about this, unfortunately
[16:16:04] <Kev> In any case, I'd like to check that we don't have another FOSDEM falling-through-the-cracks.
[16:16:19] <stpeter> yeah
[16:16:33] <stpeter> we also need to think about a North American summit
[16:16:35] <Kev> We should think about sorting out proposals etc. in advance of orgs applying, ideally.
[16:16:38] <stpeter> (if desired)
[16:16:43] <stpeter> Kev: yes
[16:17:12] <Kev> Swift is probably in a state to put a couple of proposals up this year. Albeit we'd be terribly elitist about what we wanted in a student :)
[16:17:30] <Kev> Simon's spoken to me about wanting to do BuddyCloud proposals under the XSF umbrella.
[16:18:03] <ralphm> Kev: how is that bad?
[16:18:03] <ralphm> Oh nice
[16:18:34] *linuxwolf doesn't seem the inherent problem with elitism
[16:19:02] <Kev> So I think what we need is for Board to make a decision about who's responsible for this (and maybe it's already done so and I missed the minutes) so I can start beating them over the head to make sure they do everything.
[16:19:11] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:19:12] <Kev> I note that I'm idling in the gsoc channel already.
[16:19:30] <Kev> When's the next Board meeting anyhow? I couldn't find it in the calendar when I looked yesterday.
[16:19:52] <stpeter> Kev: I haven't seen a Board decision about this, and will poke their list about having a meeting next week
[16:20:05] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:20:32] <Kev> I think we suffered last year from not being organised enough in advance, so I'd like us to do better this year.
[16:20:46] <Kev> And ideally I'd like someone else to be doing it :D
[16:20:52] <stpeter> :)
[16:21:15] <Kev> (Although I'm happy to be admin again, like last year)
[16:21:21] <stpeter> Board list poked
[16:21:24] <Kev> Ta.
[16:21:41] <Kev> Is the Board list public-membership these days?
[16:22:30] <stpeter> Kev: no, but the meetings are held in the open xsf@muc.xmpp.org room
[16:22:30] <Kev> Well, this isn't really Council-relevant now.
[16:22:43] <Kev> Any other AOB?
[16:22:53] <Kev> stpeter: Right, it's just hard to know when the meetings are without listening to the list :)
[16:22:54] <stpeter> oh
[16:23:04] <stpeter> Kev: right, the calendar should be updated
[16:23:09] <stpeter> I have AOB
[16:23:12] <Kev> Shoot.
[16:23:13] <stpeter> file transfer
[16:23:16] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:23:21] <stpeter> there's a whole raft of specs
[16:23:26] <stpeter> I think 47 is ready to go
[16:23:43] <stpeter> I think we'll want to work on these somewhat sequentially
[16:24:04] *** Tobias shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:24:12] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:24:17] <stpeter> after 47 I think we could do Jingle IBB = XEP-0261
[16:24:36] <stpeter> so I will continue to poke various lists and people about that
[16:24:52] <stpeter> perhaps 47 can be on the agenda for next week's Council meeting
[16:24:52] <Kev> Ok.
[16:25:06] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:25:18] <stpeter> in parallel, I will start a thread about 65 (one major open issue)
[16:25:22] <stpeter> and update 234
[16:25:34] <stpeter> (to reflect Brussels discussions)
[16:25:35] <Kev> By 'on the agenda', you mean there's a new version to vote on, or you'd like to LC it?
[16:25:46] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:25:46] <stpeter> new version
[16:25:50] <Kev> Ok.
[16:25:57] <Kev> It's not an LC when it's already Draft anyway, is it? :)
[16:26:02] <stpeter> 1.3rc2 for 47
[16:26:04] <Kev> But anyway, details.
[16:26:05] <Kev> Ok.
[16:26:06] <stpeter> right
[16:26:10] <stpeter> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0047-1.3.html
[16:26:25] <Kev> Will do. Anything else?
[16:26:33] <stpeter> no, that's it from me
[16:26:52] <linuxwolf> not this week (-:
[16:27:11] <Kev> Excellent.
[16:27:12] <linuxwolf> oh, Kev: check your emails, pls (-:
[16:27:16] <remko> stpeter: It wasn't authentic pizza or anything, but i'm extremely easy on pizza.
[16:27:29] <Kev> I'll sort out minutes when I have some spare cycles. Around 2015
[16:27:40] <Kev> linuxwolf: Oh, I've probably missed whatever it is then.
[16:27:52] <Kev> linuxwolf: Could you repoke it please?
[16:27:54] <linuxwolf> Kev: I can resend…about multi-resource
[16:27:56] *stpeter is shooting to get below Inbox 7000 today
[16:27:58] <remko> linuxwolf:"Prework on multi-resource"?
[16:28:07] <linuxwolf>
[16:28:25] <Kev> Ok, I'll dig that out. It's not in the first page of my inbox so there's no hope of me finding it naturally.
[16:28:29] <linuxwolf> (oh noes, evil composed character!)
[16:28:32] <Kev> In any case, I think Council's done.
[16:28:37] <linuxwolf> /nod
[16:28:39] <Kev> Thanks all.
[16:28:43] *Kev bangs the gavel.
[16:28:50] <stpeter> heh
[16:29:06] <linuxwolf> adios
[16:29:08] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[16:29:14] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:29:15] <stpeter> I've been thinking more about i18n, too -- need to get working on updated specs
[16:30:07] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:31:43] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[16:31:45] <ralphm> stpeter: I found the sessions on i18n pretty good, but am unsure how "we" should proceed
[16:31:57] <ralphm> sure the precis wg is a collection of people
[16:32:13] <ralphm> but some hints for contributing meaningfully would be useful
[16:32:30] <Tobias> Kev: thanks for the reminder..i'll try to bring in back this evening :)
[16:32:37] <Kev> Tobias: Fab, thanks.
[16:32:51] <ralphm> I'm not sure how many people had any idea of what to do
[16:34:14] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:34:29] <stpeter> ralphm: I'll be providing some guidance about direction soon
[16:35:00] <stpeter> ralphm: or at least some further thoughts
[16:35:08] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:39:16] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:40:09] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:41:15] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[16:41:15] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:41:42] <Kev> For reference, I've just seen https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YpQjl8pDTztxlk1eRDgheHq-17vMEcNt3qUCypioW_g/edit?hl=en&pli=1# announced in the gsoc channel.
[16:42:23] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:42:39] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[16:42:55] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[16:44:18] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:45:09] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:47:24] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:49:19] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:50:10] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:52:04] <ralphm> stpeter: awesome
[16:52:25] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:53:15] <stpeter> oh and the .im folks tell me that DNSSEC is on their roadmap, but no specific date yet
[16:53:47] <waqas> Ah, thanks
[16:54:01] *** David Banes has left the room
[16:54:20] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:55:10] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:57:06] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[16:57:26] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:59:22] *** Hirotaka Sato shows as "online"
[16:59:47] *** Hirotaka Sato has left the room
[17:00:12] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:02:24] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[17:02:27] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:03:43] *** waqas has left the room
[17:05:13] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:06:19] <bear> kev - I didn't announce that I had decided, I said that if the board agreed to do GSoC I could be the org admin
[17:06:50] <Kev> bear: Ok, I misread. I was sure I saw "I'm the GSoC admin".
[17:07:17] <bear> maybe that was my "trying to be cute and funny" english #fail
[17:07:29] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:09:56] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[17:10:14] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:11:09] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[17:12:29] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:13:19] <ralphm> why oh why multiple disco identities for i18n
[17:13:35] <ralphm> *snif*
[17:13:40] <stpeter> ?
[17:13:53] *** remko has left the room
[17:14:58] <ralphm> well, if you want to provide translated disco identity names, you need to include a seperate element with a xml:lang
[17:15:16] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:15:20] <ralphm> wokkel didn't take that into account
[17:16:20] <ralphm> I'd design the protocol differently today
[17:17:30] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:18:23] <ralphm> like text element(s) separate from all identities
[17:18:44] <ralphm> oh well
[17:20:17] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:22:30] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:23:46] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[17:25:18] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:27:30] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:30:19] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:32:32] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:35:21] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:35:49] *** Tobias has left the room
[17:35:51] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is "appointment"
[17:37:33] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:40:22] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:42:35] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:45:24] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:47:37] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:50:24] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:52:37] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:55:26] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:55:46] *** petermount has left the room
[17:56:04] *** Kooda has joined the room
[17:57:37] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:59:49] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[17:59:49] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:02:37] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:07:38] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:11:40] *** Steffen Larsen has left the room
[18:11:45] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[18:11:45] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:11:55] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:11:58] *** Steffen Larsen has left the room
[18:12:04] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[18:12:04] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:12:11] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:17:13] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:22:15] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:27:14] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:32:14] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online" and his status message is "Doing android XMPP client..."
[18:32:45] *** Steffen Larsen has left the room
[19:00:21] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[19:31:56] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[19:46:13] *** Tobias has joined the room
[20:04:00] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:05:32] *** dwd shows as "online"
[20:10:34] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:11:24] *** dwd shows as "online"
[20:17:16] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:19:40] *** dwd shows as "online"
[20:27:46] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:29:10] *** dwd shows as "online"
[20:35:36] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[20:40:40] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-away (idle)"
[20:41:09] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[20:46:15] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[20:54:38] *** Tobias has left the room
[20:58:12] *** Tobias has joined the room
[22:16:23] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[22:17:32] *** bear has left the room
[22:17:33] *** bear has joined the room
[22:21:25] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[22:34:17] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "détaché"
[22:40:46] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "codin'..."
[22:51:29] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[23:07:43] *** Tobias has left the room
[23:09:14] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[23:22:29] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[23:32:28] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[23:54:31] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "cooking"