Wednesday, June 15, 2011
council@muc.xmpp.org
June
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
     
             
XMPP Council Room | https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation#council | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[06:15:51] *** Kev shows as "online"
[07:49:26] *** Kev shows as "away"
[07:52:00] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:27:50] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[10:04:25] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "mange"
[10:20:23] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[10:21:34] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[10:24:00] *** Kev shows as "away"
[10:24:15] *** Kev shows as "online"
[11:21:16] *** Kev shows as "away"
[11:37:34] *** Kev shows as "online"
[13:26:20] *** stpeter has joined the room
[13:33:57] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[14:22:57] *** MattJ has joined the room
[14:32:20] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[14:40:30] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[14:47:11] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[14:52:14] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[14:59:21] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[14:59:29] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[15:01:11] *linuxwolf waves?
[15:01:26] *MattJ too?
[15:01:28] <Kev> Yep.
[15:01:32] <Kev> Got a minute yet, though.
[15:01:36] <MattJ> 2s
[15:01:50] <linuxwolf> I already have us 1 minute past time
[15:02:00] <Kev> Now we're on time.
[15:02:08] <Kev> 1) Roll call.
[15:02:10] <Kev> I'm here.
[15:02:12] <Kev> Ralph sends apologies.
[15:02:14] <linuxwolf> presente
[15:02:27] <Kev> Nathan appears absent.
[15:02:35] <MattJ> I'm here
[15:02:51] <Kev> Yay.
[15:02:55] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "XSF council meeting"
[15:02:56] <Kev> 2) Agenda bashing.
[15:03:10] <MattJ> None
[15:03:13] <linuxwolf> nay
[15:03:33] <stpeter> I might have an AOB at the end
[15:03:37] <Kev> k
[15:03:46] <Kev> 4) Approve version 1.1rc1 of "XEP-0171: Language Translation"?

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0171-1.1.html

http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0171/diff/1.0/vs/1.1rc1

[15:03:58] <MattJ> +1
[15:04:04] <Kev> I'm OK with this only because Peter's checked with the authors and we believe them to be the only implementors.
[15:04:09] <Kev> But I am OK with it.
[15:04:27] <linuxwolf> +1 also
[15:04:39] <Kev> 5) Approve version 1.3rc2 of "XEP-0198: Stream Management"?

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0198-1.3.html

http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0198/diff/1.2/vs/1.3rc2
[15:04:46] <MattJ> +1
[15:04:59] <Kev> +1 also.
[15:05:09] <MattJ> The only comment I have is that the new paragraph in section 5 threw me for a second
[15:05:16] <Kev> Oh, I seem to have missed 3)
[15:05:20] <MattJ> But I guess it's technically right
[15:05:20] <Kev> Let's do that next :)
[15:05:21] <linuxwolf> will vote on the list…need to read it again
[15:05:26] <Kev> k
[15:05:41] <Kev> 3) Last call on XEP-0266 (Jingle Voice codecs)?
[15:06:02] <MattJ> It's changed already?
[15:06:17] <stpeter> MattJ: there was a comment on the list about that point in 198
[15:06:20] <MattJ> the current vesion says "XEP-0266: Codecs for Jingle Audio"
[15:06:32] <stpeter> right, audio is more than voice
[15:06:50] <linuxwolf> (-:
[15:06:59] <stpeter> I think it captures consensus from the jingle@ list
[15:07:01] <linuxwolf> Pedantic Wednesday
[15:07:06] <stpeter> linuxwolf: ;-)
[15:07:20] <Kev> I'm +1 on lastcalling, anyway.
[15:07:25] <MattJ> Ditto
[15:07:43] <linuxwolf> +1, although there's already some dissent on the standards@ list
[15:07:55] <stpeter> some, or only Arc? ;-)
[15:08:03] <linuxwolf> well, ok…one (-:
[15:08:15] <MattJ> Heh
[15:08:26] <Kev> Last call is a chance for such feedback to be heard.
[15:08:27] <Kev> 6) Discuss 0220 (Dialback).
[15:08:28] <stpeter> rough consensus -- as they say in the IETF, he might be in the rough
[15:08:29] <MattJ> That's what LC is for
[15:08:44] <linuxwolf> true, hence my +1 d-:
[15:08:51] <MattJ> What are the open issues with 220?
[15:08:56] <linuxwolf> features
[15:08:59] <stpeter> right
[15:09:01] <Kev> Do we have agreement between the authors on this yet?
[15:09:05] <stpeter> we need to settle on the features stuff
[15:09:06] <linuxwolf> haha
[15:09:26] <stpeter> I was just poking the Council in case they have opinions in the matter
[15:09:51] <Kev> You know me, I rarely have opinions :D
[15:09:55] <stpeter> :P
[15:10:04] <MattJ> None that I haven't given on-list as an implementor :)
[15:10:20] <linuxwolf> I've already stated mine previously
[15:10:26] <stpeter> ok I will follow up on the list, then
[15:10:35] <MattJ> Thanks
[15:10:48] <Kev> 7) Discuss 0299 (Video codecs).
[15:10:54] <stpeter> right
[15:11:10] <Kev> Mostly just are we happy that this was an editorial change splitting it in two and don't need Council to approve it.
[15:11:12] <Kev> Which I am.
[15:11:14] <stpeter> so I pubilshed that on Sunday without Council approval
[15:11:20] <stpeter> right
[15:11:22] <stpeter> mitosis
[15:11:32] <stpeter> or somesuch
[15:11:39] <linuxwolf> it's ok with me
[15:12:01] <MattJ> +1
[15:12:06] <Kev> Goodo.
[15:12:11] <Kev> 8) Date of next meeting
[15:12:17] <Kev> Same bat time, same bat channel?
[15:12:25] <stpeter> WFM
[15:12:27] <stpeter> AOB?
[15:12:58] <Kev> Hey hey.
[15:13:04] <Kev> Remember who's in charge here!
[15:13:08] <Kev> 9) AOB.
[15:13:08] <stpeter> I'm wondering if any council members have ideas about how to handle hash agility -- http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2011-June/024599.html
[15:13:09] <stpeter> :P
[15:13:35] <stpeter> I thought next meeting was always the last item on the agenda, my bad
[15:13:39] <MattJ> waqas's approach seems sensible
[15:14:45] <linuxwolf> seems about right to me
[15:14:49] <stpeter> MattJ: I'm wondering if we want to define different elements in special namespaces like urn:xmpp:hashes:sha1 -- that way <sha1 xmlns='urn:xmpp:hashes:sha1'>...</sha1> could be included in any XMPP element
[15:14:52] <Kev> I'm happy with leaving SI to wither and fixing this in Jingle, and namespacing the elements seems fine to me.
[15:15:10] <MattJ> stpeter, mmm, that's nice
[15:15:17] <linuxwolf> agree with the namespacing
[15:15:23] <stpeter> so we might have a separate document that defies "hash functions for XMPP"
[15:15:31] <stpeter> and it would be revised when we change our recommendations
[15:15:32] <stpeter> etc.
[15:15:45] <stpeter> a "living document" if you will
[15:15:59] <stpeter> seem reasonable?
[15:16:11] <stpeter> s/defies/defines/ :)
[15:16:13] <Kev> With no time to digest the idea, it doesn't seem unreasonable.
[15:16:16] <MattJ> It would certainly help the current state of ad-hoc hashes included in each XEP
[15:16:22] <stpeter> MattJ: right
[15:16:39] <stpeter> I will look at the different XEPs and perhaps get a protoXEP ready for next week
[15:16:45] <linuxwolf> ok
[15:16:46] <stpeter> that's all from me, I think
[15:16:55] <Kev> Anyone else?
[15:17:00] <stpeter> plus if I get it ready quickly, it could be XEP-0300 :)
[15:17:03] <MattJ> Nay
[15:17:08] <MattJ> :)
[15:18:19] <Kev> Right, so I think we're done.
[15:18:29] <stpeter> yep
[15:18:30] <Kev> Thanks all.
[15:18:32] *Kev bangs the gavel.
[15:18:34] <stpeter> thank you!
[15:18:36] <linuxwolf> adios
[15:18:42] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[15:18:52] <MattJ> Merci
[15:19:00] <stpeter> Kev, it seems that Nathan and Ralph are DNV on 262
[15:19:16] <stpeter> er
[15:19:19] <stpeter> perhaps only Ralph
[15:19:28] <stpeter> ererer
[15:19:32] <stpeter> only Nathan
[15:19:33] <stpeter> sigh
[15:19:40] <stpeter> too much multitasking
[15:29:38] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[15:37:44] *** Kev shows as "away"
[15:42:48] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[15:51:58] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[15:52:48] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[15:58:41] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[16:05:29] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[16:35:08] <stpeter> calendar updated to reflect next week's meeting
[16:38:31] <MattJ> Thanks :)
[16:56:10] *** julm has joined the room
[16:56:45] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[17:02:45] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[17:04:53] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "in a meeting!"
[17:09:49] *** stpeter shows as "dnd" and his status message is "on the phone"
[17:09:57] *** Kev shows as "online"
[17:52:47] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[18:00:23] <stpeter> sigh
[18:00:50] <stpeter> I've been screwing things up lately
[18:01:02] <Kev> Time for a holiday, then.
[18:01:06] <stpeter> yeah right
[18:01:50] <stpeter> case in point: XEP-0171
[18:01:59] <stpeter> etc.
[18:02:04] <stpeter> I'll wait longer on 198 :P
[18:17:45] <MattJ> stpeter, what did you screw up with 171?
[18:17:49] <MattJ> The # thing?
[18:17:59] <MattJ> If so, wasn't it really council's job to spot that too? :)
[18:23:36] <stpeter> no, I pushed out 1.1 without waiting for votes from the Council members who weren't able to attend the meeting :(
[18:24:10] <stpeter> dumb
[18:25:16] <MattJ> Oh, I see
[18:27:23] <stpeter> :|
[19:13:18] *** MattJ shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being too idle"
[19:22:47] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "douche"
[19:24:46] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[19:55:59] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[19:56:21] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[19:56:31] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[20:20:10] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[20:30:59] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[20:33:22] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[20:44:20] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[20:44:24] *** Kev shows as "away"
[20:57:07] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[20:57:08] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[21:22:23] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "in a meeting!"
[21:27:49] *** Kooda shows as "away" and his status message is "détaché"
[21:28:04] *** MattJ shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being too idle"
[21:40:09] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[21:40:12] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[21:47:29] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[21:55:42] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[21:55:57] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[21:58:04] *** MattJ shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of not being here"
[22:04:43] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[22:09:40] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[22:23:58] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[22:23:59] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[22:34:06] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[22:45:25] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[23:21:45] *** stpeter has left the room