Tuesday, January 10, 2012
council@muc.xmpp.org
January
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
            1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
         
XMPP Council Room | https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation#council | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[00:11:59] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[01:04:39] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[01:04:39] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[01:10:32] *** Tobias has left the room
[01:45:43] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[01:45:45] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[01:50:24] *** Tobias has left the room
[02:14:11] *** Kev has left the room
[02:14:21] *** Kev has joined the room
[02:14:21] *** Kev shows as "away"
[09:10:35] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:45:35] *** Tobias has left the room
[10:14:15] *** Tobias has joined the room
[10:14:16] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[10:53:48] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:10:51] *** Kev has left the room
[11:11:47] *** Kev has joined the room
[11:11:49] *** Kev shows as "online"
[11:18:29] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[11:21:24] *** Tobias has joined the room
[11:21:26] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[11:57:12] *** Kooda shows as "away"
[11:57:32] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[12:47:45] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[14:49:38] *** Tobias has left the room
[15:04:54] *** Tobias has joined the room
[15:04:55] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[16:05:34] <Kev> Council in 56 minutes, by my count.
[16:09:19] <Tobias> yup
[16:10:03] <Tobias> Kev, do you plan more error info tags like <server-unavailable/> in psa?
[16:10:21] <Tobias> or are those supposed to be the standard ones from the RFC?
[16:27:59] *** stpeter has joined the room
[16:40:23] <Kev> Those are the only two I'd anticipated. They're not explicitly mappet other ones.
[16:43:59] *** Tobias has joined the room
[16:44:00] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[16:48:24] <stpeter> posted a microblog about the meeting
[16:49:02] <Kev> So I see :)
[16:49:05] <stpeter> :)
[16:53:57] <stpeter> I'll ping linuxwolf IRL
[16:54:05] <stpeter> Matthew appears to be online
[16:54:14] <stpeter> Ralph is auto-away
[16:54:55] <stpeter> BTW http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xmpp-council/ is out of date :)
[16:55:25] <stpeter> brb
[16:55:34] <Kev> So it is.
[16:55:42] <Kev> Tobias: Please provide some text for your blurb.
[16:55:50] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[16:55:58] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[16:55:59] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[16:56:03] <Tobias> for my what?
[16:56:14] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "XSF Council"
[16:56:35] <Kev> blurb |blərb|
noun
a short description of a book, movie, or other product written for promotional purposes and appearing on the cover of a book or in an advertisement.
[16:58:15] <Tobias> ahh..okay
[16:58:55] *** Zash has joined the room
[16:58:56] *** Zash shows as "online"
[16:59:47] <stpeter> Matthew said he's joining
[17:00:01] <stpeter> pinged Ralph as well
[17:00:08] <Kev> I'd already pinged both.
[17:00:11] <stpeter> :)
[17:00:17] <stpeter> in stereo!
[17:00:19] *** MattJ has joined the room
[17:00:39] <MattJ> btw, when's the next board meeting?
[17:00:50] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:01:10] <Kev> Have I really been Chair for four terms now?
[17:01:21] <Kev> I'm surprised it's that long without someone kicking me out.
[17:01:23] <MattJ> Quite possibly
[17:01:25] <stpeter> Kev: I think so :)
[17:01:39] *stpeter might stand for Council next time :)
[17:02:20] <MattJ> *gasp*
[17:02:21] <stpeter> MattJ: should be tomorrow at 16:30 UTC, I pinged the board list about that earlier today
[17:02:32] *stpeter updates the calendar
[17:02:49] <Kev> Right.
[17:03:07] <Kev> I've updated http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xmpp-council/ slightly.
[17:03:15] <Kev> Please all check your blurbs and send in as appropriate.
[17:03:21] <Kev> Or edit yourself if you have the powers.
[17:03:23] <Kev> Onto the meeting:
[17:03:25] <Kev> 1) Roll call
[17:03:27] <Kev> I'm here.
[17:03:28] <stpeter> thanks, Kev
[17:03:32] <linuxwolf> presente
[17:04:07] <Kev> MattJ / Tobias?
[17:04:10] <MattJ> Present
[17:04:12] <Tobias> there
[17:04:28] <Kev> 2) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/network.html
Accept as XEP?
[17:04:39] <MattJ> +1
[17:04:43] <linuxwolf> +1
[17:05:10] <Kev> I read this, and I have only one significant complaint with it - I don't see why it requires the aggregator to be a server, it seems a task that could very well be performed by a bot or component.
[17:05:29] <Tobias> +1
[17:05:41] <MattJ> It's a good point
[17:05:45] <Kev> Tobias: Was that +1 to my comment, or to publishing?
[17:05:53] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:05:56] <Tobias> publishing on network xep
[17:05:56] <stpeter> Kev: true
[17:06:21] <Kev> I don't think it's a big enough point to block publication on, mind, but I think I'd rather see it addressed at some point.
[17:06:28] <Kev> I'm happy to publish.
[17:06:52] *** Ralph Meijer has joined the room
[17:07:03] <Ralph Meijer> Hello
[17:07:08] <Kev> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/psa.html
Accept as XEP?
[17:07:09] <Kev> Hi Ralph.
[17:07:13] <Ralph Meijer> +1 on 2)
[17:07:29] <Kev> Thanks.
[17:07:41] <MattJ> +0 on 1) :)
[17:07:45] <Ralph Meijer> Kev: fwif, I don't see the difference between a server and a component, from the protocol point of view
[17:07:51] <linuxwolf> heh
[17:07:58] <Kev> Ralph Meijer: There isn't one, to the outside world.
[17:08:20] *MattJ looks to see if PSA has changed since he saw it last
[17:08:28] <MattJ> and are the initials purely coincidental? :)
[17:08:29] <Kev> MattJ: I don't think so. Certainly not materially.
[17:09:00] <Kev> No, it was a backronym. Someone at Isode has a 'great' sense of humour.
[17:09:17] <linuxwolf> gee, I wonder who
[17:09:21] <MattJ> No idea
[17:09:28] <MattJ> I'm going to lose sleep over this one
[17:09:29] <linuxwolf> also, good use of 'quotes'
[17:09:30] <Kev> I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to guess which Chair of the Board that is.
[17:09:43] <Ralph Meijer> heh
[17:09:46] *** Astro has joined the room
[17:09:48] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: really?
[17:09:56] <MattJ> Ralph Meijer, no :P
[17:10:07] <MattJ> So, +1
[17:10:11] <linuxwolf> anyhow…I've no objections to accepting as a XEP, provided "urn:xmpp:psa" is changed to "urn:xmpp:psa:0"
[17:10:23] <Ralph Meijer> +1, and what lw says
[17:10:33] *** louiz’ has joined the room
[17:10:41] <Kev> I realised that when writing MFR, and then forgot to go back and change it, thanks.
[17:10:42] <linuxwolf> which is very minor, and probably something the XEP editor catches (-:
[17:10:55] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:11:12] <Kev> Tobias:?
[17:11:18] <Tobias> yup...+1 from me on psa
[17:11:29] <Kev> 4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/fastmuc.html
Accept as XEP?
[17:11:40] <Tobias> looks sensible the way it is
[17:11:56] <linuxwolf> this one needs consistency work
[17:12:13] <Kev> Where, and before or after publication?
[17:12:26] <linuxwolf> this time, I would prefer before publication
[17:12:27] <MattJ> Typo in ns
[17:12:32] <linuxwolf> at least, pick a namespace (-:
[17:12:46] <linuxwolf> s/pick a namespace/pick one namespace/
[17:12:51] <Kev> Oh, just a namespace typo?
[17:13:12] <linuxwolf> there are areas I think are vague, but I think can be addressed after publication
[17:13:43] <Ralph Meijer> so that is a −1 for consistency?
[17:13:44] <linuxwolf> I didn't get a chance to send a comment about that before now, and am willing to wait until publication
[17:13:51] <Tobias> and the "I've just stopped writing"
[17:14:07] <MattJ> I think I'm +0 on this, until it's more fleshed out
[17:14:19] <Kev> I don't immediately see the namespace typo - can you point it out, please?
[17:14:33] <MattJ> pressence
[17:14:35] <linuxwolf> is it "urn:xmpp:mfr" or "urn:xmpp:presence-session:0"?
[17:14:47] <linuxwolf> or urn:xmpp:pressence-session:0"
[17:15:03] <Kev> Oh.
[17:15:09] <Kev> mfr is the disco feature, rather than the namespace.
[17:15:15] *linuxwolf mentally reduced the "ss" to "s", rather than ß
[17:15:31] <linuxwolf> is there a good reason to define a separate disco feature from the namespace?
[17:15:39] <Kev> There was a reason, but maybe it's not a good one.
[17:15:40] <linuxwolf> I'm not immediately seeing it from this draft
[17:15:58] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:16:05] <Kev> Someone could decide to use the same protocol for restablishing presence in other situations - such as after a client reconnect.
[17:16:09] <Kev> But no, probably not.
[17:16:59] <linuxwolf> in theory, we could have other protocols that act in a similar manner to MUC, but then shouldn't we make this more generic sooner rather than later?
[17:17:14] <Kev> Fixed in Git, everything's now urn:xmpp:presence-session:0
[17:17:26] <linuxwolf> and "MFR" is an application of the more-generic
[17:17:33] <linuxwolf> grazie
[17:17:45] <Kev> I think it's generic at the moment.
[17:17:49] <Ralph Meijer> I'm +1 on publishing
[17:17:58] <Kev> That is - the protocol is generic at the moment, but the described use case isn't.
[17:18:05] <linuxwolf> /nod
[17:18:21] <Kev> I didn't want to open the rabbit hole of trying to do fast client reconnect with presence restablishment right now, but wrote the protocol such that we could in the future.
[17:18:29] <linuxwolf> it does need fleshing out … but I'll not object to publishing on that account
[17:18:49] <Kev> In which case, I think we'd extract the normative bits into another XEP, and reference that. It wouldn't affect implementations.
[17:18:57] <linuxwolf> ok
[17:19:16] <stpeter> WFM
[17:20:08] <Kev> So, I *think* that's no objection from M/M/R. Tobias?
[17:20:41] <MattJ> It's no objection, but I'm not too keen on it being published in such a poor editorial state
[17:21:00] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[17:21:02] <Tobias> yeah...it looks highly unfinished
[17:21:04] <Kev> Block it if you think it should be blocked.
[17:21:07] <MattJ> I have every confidence it will be remedied though, so...
[17:21:24] <MattJ> Fine, -1 from me :)
[17:21:29] <Tobias> -1 from me too
[17:21:32] <MattJ> I'm sure it'll look better next week
[17:21:36] <linuxwolf> (-:
[17:21:48] <Kev> I'll just remember it next time someone submits a protoXEP :)
[17:21:59] <MattJ> Naturally :)
[17:22:03] <Tobias> heh
[17:22:09] <MattJ> I'll just set up my own standards foundation
[17:22:16] <Kev> Very sensible.
[17:22:22] <linuxwolf> indubitably
[17:22:26] <MattJ> as long as I can borrow this one's board chair
[17:22:34] <Kev> 5) DMUC3
[17:22:39] <linuxwolf> /sigh
[17:22:42] <Ralph Meijer> I believe the intent is clear, and yes it needs cleanup, but no I don't think that should hold it up
[17:22:43] <Kev> linuxwolf: What did you think we should discuss about this?
[17:22:57] <Ralph Meijer> that's what 'experimental' is for, imo
[17:23:08] <MattJ> All I can say about DMUC3 is that I want to see a discussion on it
[17:23:09] <linuxwolf> well, I wasn't sure if anyone would respond before this meeting, so now I'm not so sure (-:
[17:23:31] *** dodo has joined the room
[17:23:33] <linuxwolf> hopefully this kicks off said discussion of DMUCn vs FMUC vs ....
[17:23:34] <Kev> (Yes, I'd got it to the stage where I thought it fitted "not obviously wrong", so I submitted it, I can do further work and re-submit)
[17:23:42] <MattJ> Ralph Meijer, we've collectively blocked XEPs on editorial issues before now
[17:24:05] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: right. The mail went to the standards list, I don't see much happening there yet. (on DMUC)
[17:24:21] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: I know, but 'we' have different views than 'I'.
[17:24:37] <Kev> linuxwolf: So there's nothing you want to discuss here?
[17:24:51] *** Steffen Larsen has left the room
[17:24:51] <Kev> (i.e. it wasn't really for the agenda)
[17:25:02] <linuxwolf> if we want to resolve this, I think someone needs to be more proactive on collaboration (-:
[17:25:12] <linuxwolf> and by someone, I mean "preferably not me"
[17:25:14] <linuxwolf> (-:
[17:25:17] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: If you care to lookup my acceptance history, you will see that I usually lean towards 'accept'.
[17:25:34] <MattJ> I drafted an email to the list re. collaboration in the XSF, but considered it might be deemed too patronising
[17:25:42] <Kev> linuxwolf: I have on my list for the next week or so to make sure that someone (either me or someone else I can fob it off on in the office) updates FMUC to cover Wayne's points.
[17:25:42] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: As I think that is a good starting point for discussion.
[17:25:56] <MattJ> Ralph Meijer, same here, but I don't think it's going to hurt this one waiting another week :)
[17:26:01] <Ralph Meijer> MattJ: The dmuc stuff is an exception because of the overlap.
[17:26:18] <linuxwolf> Kev: cool
[17:27:11] <Kev> So, what goes in the minutes for DMUC3. I think we essentially decided not to discuss it.
[17:27:38] <linuxwolf> "Kevin Smith to follow up with FMUC updates"
[17:27:55] <Kev> 6) Date of next meeting.
[17:28:11] <linuxwolf> NBTBNC WFM
[17:28:12] <Kev> Next Tue I'm having my 'net connection faffed with, so I may well be offline.
[17:28:14] <Ralph Meijer> Kev: yeah, I don't see this as a discussable thing now.
[17:28:32] <Ralph Meijer> actually, this timeslot doesn't work nicely for me
[17:28:52] <linuxwolf> hrm
[17:28:54] <Tobias> i'm quite flexible when it comes to a timeslot next week
[17:29:08] <Kev> Is anyone not able to do the old timeslot next week?
[17:29:13] <Kev> Wednesday, 1600GMT.
[17:29:15] <Ralph Meijer> I loved the old one
[17:29:21] <stpeter> :)
[17:29:33] <stpeter> old and new both work for me
[17:29:47] <linuxwolf> Ralph Meijer: the old one is oft inconvenient to me, but not unattainable (-:
[17:30:01] <Ralph Meijer> ah
[17:30:02] <Kev> linuxwolf: Is it doable next week?
[17:30:11] <Ralph Meijer> I work a lot evenings these days :-)
[17:30:16] <linuxwolf> that said, 2012-01-18T16:00Z is acceptable (-:
[17:30:24] <Kev> If we decide on next week now, we can discuss a general time onlist.
[17:30:28] <Kev> MattJ / Tobias: ?
[17:30:30] <Ralph Meijer> ok
[17:30:36] <MattJ> wfm
[17:30:48] <linuxwolf> 16:00Z is 09:00-07:00, which is about 30 minutes before I get sucked into meetings
[17:31:06] <Tobias> yeha..let's discuss general time on list
[17:31:15] <Tobias> but 2012-01-18T16:00Z should work on the first look
[17:31:25] <stpeter> shall I request XEP-0077 2.4rc1 for next week?
[17:31:28] <stpeter> (no hurry on it)
[17:31:48] <linuxwolf> I dunno … we're tentatively scheduled for XEP-0045 (-:
[17:31:57] <stpeter> right
[17:32:01] <Kev> stpeter: Right, sorry, we ran out of time :)
[17:32:07] <stpeter> Kev: no worries
[17:32:13] <Kev> We're over 30minutes now!
[17:32:18] <MattJ> Noooooo!
[17:32:18] <stpeter> yep
[17:32:19] <Kev> 7) Any other business.
[17:32:24] <MattJ> None here
[17:32:33] <linuxwolf> nay
[17:33:37] <Kev> Ok, thanks.
[17:33:47] <Kev> All done then.
[17:33:52] *Kev bangs the gavel.
[17:34:04] <MattJ> Thanks
[17:34:07] <Tobias> thx
[17:34:19] <Kev> We don't have room logs back yet, right MattJ?
[17:34:25] <MattJ> Correct
[17:34:45] *Ralph Meijer sads
[17:34:47] <MattJ> A deadline I was working towards passed yesterday, I'm hoping to start catching up with normal things now
[17:35:19] <Astro> did the deadline make a «swoosh» when it passed by? ;-)
[17:35:32] *stpeter laughs
[17:36:16] <linuxwolf> was the deadline a train (swoosh) or a bullet (zing)? (-:
[17:37:36] <MattJ> Amazingly I'd everything ready 10 minutes early :)
[17:38:51] *** Zash has joined the room
[17:38:51] *** Zash shows as "online"
[17:40:04] <stpeter> Kev: thanks for the quick minutes
[17:42:16] <Ralph Meijer> hehe, that reminds me of Zaagmans: http://www.dwotd.nl/2009/11/675-zagen.html
[17:42:23] <Ralph Meijer> (at 'Extra')
[17:45:44] <Kev> stpeter: I wrote them as we met, for a change.
[17:46:46] <stpeter> good thinking :)
[17:46:47] <stpeter> brb
[17:47:31] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "XSF Council"
[17:49:12] *** linuxwolf shows as "dnd" and his status message is "XSF Council"
[17:51:40] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[18:07:01] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[18:07:03] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[18:15:34] *** Astro has left the room
[18:18:52] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "online"
[18:18:52] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:19:48] *** Astro has joined the room
[18:20:51] *** Astro shows as "dnd" and his status message is "‹‹‹·››"
[18:30:30] <Kev> Remember everyone, we need new blurbs for the Council page on xmpp.org.
[18:31:47] <linuxwolf> "Matt has been involved with the Jabber community since late 2000, has been a member of the XSF since its inception in 2001, and has previously served on the 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2010-2011 Councils. Matt is a senior engineer and architect of XMPP client libraries for Cisco, Inc. and was previously a Professional Services Engineer and client developer for Jabber, Inc."
[18:32:52] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[18:32:55] <Kev> Updated, merci.
[18:34:37] <louiz’> de rien
[18:46:47] *stpeter books his flights to Brussels
[18:52:59] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[18:58:32] *linuxwolf ponders a reply to DANE
[19:01:24] *stpeter has already replied
[19:01:41] *linuxwolf hoped as much
[19:02:12] *stpeter isn't feeling so well and is hoping that lunch might help
[19:02:44] *linuxwolf notes that a season illness has been making the rounds in the office
[19:05:09] *stpeter wonders what the record is for the number of consecutive groupchat messages beginning with '/me'
[19:05:59] *linuxwolf recalls an time period greater than 2 hours where the jdev chatroom was nothing but /me
[19:06:09] *stpeter thinks that processing ProtoXEPs and XEP patches is a good activity to complete in his woozy state of mind
[19:06:21] *Zash whispers MAM
[19:08:50] <stpeter> the next Council meeting is 7 days from today, or 8 days from today?
[19:09:27] <linuxwolf> 8? … 2011-01-18T16:00:00Z
[19:09:33] <stpeter> right
[19:09:35] <stpeter> just verifying
[19:09:45] <stpeter> I might as well update the calendar while I'm doing XEP stuff
[19:09:51] <linuxwolf> apparently I can only deal with absolutes
[19:09:55] <linuxwolf> (-:
[19:36:36] <linuxwolf> grazie
[19:38:06] <stpeter> linuxwolf: sure thing!
[19:39:13] <stpeter> linuxwolf: I notice that I never processed your patch about the council note, I'm happy to do that now, too
[19:39:31] <linuxwolf> oh, really?
[19:39:45] <stpeter> it arrived not long before the winter holidays
[19:39:54] <linuxwolf> well, since there was no objections, that would be great
[19:40:01] <stpeter> yepper
[19:40:06] <linuxwolf> I already lost my local copy of it
[19:40:09] <stpeter> heh
[19:41:08] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:41:10] <Kev> Sorry, I vaguely recall seeing that and put off processing it for some reason.
[19:41:37] <Kev> Inbox zero has 168 threads in it at the moment (for my personal account).
[19:41:40] <linuxwolf> well, it was delivered rather close to the holidays
[19:42:03] *** MattJ shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[19:42:38] <Kev> I should take a day of holiday to sort out my inbox. Problem being that if I have a day of holiday, sorting my inbox is one of the last things I'd want to do with it.
[19:43:05] <linuxwolf> (-:
[19:43:28] <Kev> Heh. Did you just publish MUC Fast Reconnect Peter? :)
[19:43:29] <linuxwolf> I thought MattJ and Tobias were −1 to publishing MFR?
[19:43:43] *Kev ^5s linuxwolf
[19:43:59] <stpeter> oh
[19:44:01] <stpeter> sigh
[19:44:12] <linuxwolf> HA! Proof that stpeter is a human being!
[19:44:13] <linuxwolf> (-:
[19:44:16] <Kev> Nevermind. I'll sort it out tomorrow, I expect.
[19:44:23] <Kev> linuxwolf: I don't see why that follows.
[19:44:25] <stpeter> oh we've got plenty of evidence of that :P
[19:44:31] <stpeter> I make plenty of mistakes
[19:44:45] <linuxwolf> mostly because he's treated as infallible around the office (-:
[19:44:48] <linuxwolf> at least by some
[19:44:54] <stpeter> they're wrong!
[19:45:01] <linuxwolf> inevitably
[19:49:46] *** Kooda shows as "away"
[19:49:55] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[19:50:52] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:53:42] <stpeter> I think I might leave the office early today so I can prep for my conference call at 17:00...
[19:55:54] <Kev> Go home get rest.
[19:56:05] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[19:57:12] <linuxwolf> your boss is out-of-town … play hooky!
[19:57:36] <stpeter> heh
[19:57:53] <stpeter> linuxwolf: I can invite you to join this IRI design team call at 5 if you'd like :)
[19:58:09] <linuxwolf> uh no.
[19:58:15] <linuxwolf> Wait, let me think- no
[19:59:03] <linuxwolf> your term is up at the end of March, right?
[19:59:14] <stpeter> yepper
[20:01:07] *linuxwolf is preferring the mobile-version over the desktop-version of websites lately
[20:01:18] <stpeter> yeah
[20:01:28] <stpeter> I optimized my personal website for mobile recently
[20:01:33] <linuxwolf> good for you
[20:01:39] <stpeter> desktop versions are too cluttered
[20:01:45] <linuxwolf> by far
[20:01:58] <stpeter> of course, I busted all my feeds when I did that ;-)
[20:02:04] <linuxwolf> and the mobile versions are just as capable
[20:02:09] <linuxwolf> heh
[20:04:50] *stpeter makes a note to check out http://freedomboxfoundation.org/ later today
[20:05:37] <linuxwolf> interesting
[20:05:42] *linuxwolf adds a bookmark
[20:07:05] <MattJ> Guess which XMPP server they're planning on using
[20:07:14] <linuxwolf> jabberd1
[20:07:19] *linuxwolf ducks
[20:07:28] <linuxwolf> that's great
[20:07:47] <stpeter> really?
[20:08:17] <MattJ> Yeah
[20:08:35] <MattJ> I was watching one of their talks
[20:08:39] <stpeter> sigh
[20:08:44] <stpeter> nothing like being on the cutting edge
[20:08:51] <MattJ> and he said they were planning on using "pro-soh-dee"
[20:08:59] <linuxwolf> (-:
[20:09:04] <MattJ> It was the first time I'd heard it pronounced *that* way
[20:09:17] <MattJ> It took me a rewind and a minute to be sure I hadn't misheard
[20:09:21] *linuxwolf thinks of how he pronounces it
[20:09:24] <stpeter> vs. pro-zoh-dee?
[20:09:40] <linuxwolf> prah-zah-dee?
[20:09:54] <linuxwolf> pro-zah-dee?
[20:09:55] <MattJ> I never knew there were so many ways to say it
[20:09:58] <linuxwolf> (-:
[20:09:59] <MattJ> or spell it, for that matter
[20:10:02] <Zash> pråsådyh
[20:10:19] <linuxwolf> you'll have to add an official pronunciation MP3 to prosody.im (_:
[20:10:29] <Zash> Wasn't there one already?
[20:10:33] <MattJ> There is
[20:10:37] <linuxwolf> gah
[20:10:39] <linuxwolf> really?
[20:10:43] <MattJ> Really :)
[20:10:52] <Zash> No
[20:10:58] <Zash> matthew-wild-says-prosody.ogg
[20:11:02] <MattJ> Ha
[20:11:02] <Zash> not mp3 ;)
[20:11:21] <linuxwolf> there's no link on the mainpage, or the FAQ
[20:12:01] <MattJ> It's not an FAQ :P
[20:12:05] <MattJ> People just assume they're right
[20:12:20] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:20] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:21] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:21] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:22] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:22] <MattJ> and to be honest, I don't really care how people say it...
[20:12:22] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:22] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:23] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:23] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce 'prosody'?"
[20:12:24] <MattJ> NO!
[20:12:25] <Zash> Haha
[20:12:26] <linuxwolf> (-:
[20:13:10] <linuxwolf> now there's a meme we can start at the XMPP Summits!
[20:13:25] <linuxwolf> "How do you pronounce <insert-project-name>?"
[20:13:33] <louiz’> “pro” “zo” “dee”
[20:14:01] <stpeter> well, it comes from Greek προσῳδία and σ in Greek is "ess"
[20:14:15] <Zash> The what
[20:14:15] *** Tobias has joined the room
[20:14:16] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[20:14:30] <Zash> linuxwolf: *approval*
[20:15:13] <MattJ> Therefore I bow to stpeter's pronunciation of Prosody
[20:16:46] *Zash submits formal request for 'peter-saint-andre-says-prosody.ogg'
[20:17:00] <stpeter> I just like an excuse to use Greek letters :)
[20:17:24] <louiz’> :D
[20:17:27] <louiz’> +1 Zash
[20:30:26] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[20:51:45] *** dodo has left the room
[20:56:14] *** stpeter has left the room
[21:27:14] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:37:15] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:38:31] *** louiz’ shows as "dnd"
[21:38:35] *** louiz’ shows as "dnd" and his status message is "sc2"
[21:48:44] *** MattJ shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[21:50:53] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:50:57] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[21:51:47] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[21:56:49] *** MattJ shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[21:59:42] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:59:57] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "online"
[22:03:25] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[22:13:23] *** MattJ has left the room
[22:14:00] <Ralph Meijer> "Ralph Meijer is the lead developer of several Jabber-related projects and services, including Wokkel <http://wokkel.ik.nu/>; and the XMPP support in Twisted <http://www.twistedmatrix.com/>;, the Idavoll <http://idavoll.ik.nu/>; pubsub component, and Planet Jabber <http://planet.jabber.org/>;. Ralph <http://ralphm.net/>; has been member of the XMPP Council since 2004 and is a platform engineer for Mochi Media <http://www.mochimedia.com/>;."
[22:14:18] *** ralphm has joined the room
[22:14:44] <ralphm> Also "zimpy" is my favorite.
[22:18:42] <Kev> Updated, ta.
[22:22:47] *** ralphm has left the room
[22:22:57] *** Ralph Meijer has joined the room
[22:27:23] <Ralph Meijer> Kev: there should be a space in front of 'Wokkel'
[22:38:54] *** Zash has joined the room
[22:38:55] *** Zash shows as "online"
[22:47:36] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[22:47:38] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[22:55:43] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[22:55:46] *** linuxwolf shows as "online"
[22:58:27] <Tobias> "Tobias Markmann is an occaisonal contributer to various XMPP projects including <a href="http://prosody.im/>;Prosody</a> and <a href="http://swift.im/">Swift</a>. He has also initiated the <a href="http://code.google.com/p/xmppench/">xmppench</a> project, a XMPP server benchmark tool. Tobias joined the XMPP Council late 2011.<br/>
His blog can be found at <a href="http://ayena.de/">ayena.de</a>."
[22:58:33] <Tobias> Kev, how is this for starters? ^^
[22:58:57] <Ralph Meijer> occasional
[22:59:08] <Ralph Meijer> contributor
[22:59:17] <Tobias> ouch
[22:59:30] <Tobias> aside from tons of typos..i shouldn't write such things that late
[22:59:33] <Tobias> thx
[22:59:35] <Ralph Meijer> hehe
[23:00:04] <linuxwolf> (-:
[23:13:06] *** linuxwolf shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:15:18] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[23:18:59] *** Zash has left the room
[23:25:10] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "xa" and his status message is "Zzzzz"
[23:42:34] *** Ralph Meijer shows as "xa" and his status message is "Zzzzz"
[23:50:54] *** Kooda shows as "away"