Wednesday, January 08, 2014
council@muc.xmpp.org
January
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
   
             
XMPP Council Room | http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xmpp-council/ | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[03:13:30] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[03:13:32] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[03:18:50] *** Tobias has left the room
[06:37:51] *** bear has joined the room
[06:37:52] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[07:23:22] *** bear has left the room
[08:05:34] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[08:48:34] *** Kev has joined the room
[08:48:35] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:52:00] *** Lance has joined the room
[08:59:08] *** Kev shows as "away"
[09:05:18] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:05:20] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:14:51] *** Kev shows as "away"
[09:19:01] *** Kev has left the room
[09:22:30] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:59:34] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[10:11:05] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[10:17:39] *** Kev shows as "away"
[10:30:47] *** Kev shows as "online"
[10:30:47] *** Kev shows as "online"
[10:36:56] *** Kev has left the room
[10:37:37] *** Kev has left the room
[11:36:04] *** Tobias has left the room
[12:28:44] *** Tobias has joined the room
[12:28:46] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[12:30:58] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "@uni"
[13:13:51] *** Tobias has left the room
[13:13:58] *** Tobias has joined the room
[13:14:02] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "@uni"
[13:31:55] *** Kev has joined the room
[13:31:55] *** Kev shows as "online"
[14:18:02] *** Kev shows as "away"
[14:22:41] *** Kev shows as "online"
[15:00:25] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:00:25] *** stpeter has left the room
[15:10:31] *** Kev shows as "away"
[15:25:59] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:28:59] *** MattJ has joined the room
[15:32:04] *** Tobias has left the room
[15:59:46] *** Tobias has joined the room
[15:59:49] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "@uni"
[16:00:40] *** Kev shows as "online"
[16:02:00] *** Lance has joined the room
[16:03:48] *** Peter Waher has joined the room
[16:03:53] *** ralphm has joined the room
[16:05:22] *** Dave Cridland has joined the room
[16:06:23] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[16:10:29] <Kev> Right, 1 minute. Time to grab a water.
[16:10:36] <ralphm> Done
[16:11:13] <Kev> Water has been fetched :)
[16:11:18] <Kev> 1) Roll call.
[16:11:19] <Kev> I am here.
[16:11:20] <MattJ> Breakfast grabbed
[16:11:31] <MattJ> I think, therefore I am here
[16:11:50] <fippo> here
[16:12:09] <Kev> Tobias / Lance: piiing.
[16:12:14] <Tobias> here
[16:12:15] <Lance> heh
[16:12:17] <Lance> here
[16:12:21] <ralphm> woot
[16:12:27] <stpeter> MattJ: do you live on Pacific Time?
[16:12:44] <Kev> No-one sent anything more for the agenda, so I guess we're just on the two items.
[16:12:51] <MattJ> stpeter, I'm calling it jetlag
[16:12:52] <Kev> 2) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/jingle-dtls.html
Accept?
[16:13:01] <MattJ> But I haven't travelled anywhere since the last summit
[16:13:22] <Tobias> i'm +1 for accept
[16:13:27] *** jabberjocke has joined the room
[16:13:27] *** jabberjocke shows as "online"
[16:13:35] <MattJ> +1 also
[16:13:35] <Lance> +1, but it will likely need some more work as the sdp stuff for it gets hammered out
[16:13:58] <fippo> i'm +1 for accepting this. it needs more work, but that is because the datachannels are still somewhat in flux
[16:14:07] <Kev> I need to give it a better glance before not objecting, but I'm anticipating it being fine to publish.
[16:14:19] <Kev> I'll post on list once I've done so.
[16:14:36] <Kev> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0152.html
[16:14:53] <Kev> I think, if i read xep1 correctly, we don't need to vote on an LC for this, and it's automatically given one because of the Council change.
[16:15:07] <Kev> stpeter (if you're paying attention, but I see you're on a call so maybe not), that sound about right?
[16:15:13] <stpeter> yes
[16:15:15] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[16:15:19] <Kev> Fab.
[16:15:20] <stpeter> just finished the call
[16:15:33] <Kev> The new Editor-Team can sort that out, then :)
[16:15:38] <ralphm> heh
[16:15:40] <Kev> (Assuming Board are about to ratify that)
[16:15:51] <Kev> 4) Date of next.
[16:15:52] <stpeter> :)
[16:15:53] <ralphm> I'm sure it's on the agenda.
[16:16:02] <stpeter> I need to write up a charter for the Editor Team
[16:16:09] <Peter Waher> event logging and dynamic forms?
[16:16:17] <Kev> The reason I used to have to move it from 16:00 to 16:10 isn't an issue any more, so we could move back to 16:00, if people like.
[16:16:26] <Kev> Or we can keep it as the current 20mins, which is usually fine but sometimes tight.
[16:16:33] <stpeter> Peter Waher: I think the objections periods for those have ended, so I think they can be published now
[16:16:36] <ralphm> +1 on 16:00
[16:16:42] <Peter Waher> (y)
[16:16:43] <ralphm> so that we can start board at 16:30
[16:16:53] <Tobias> +1 on the time change too
[16:16:56] <MattJ> +1 for 16:10
[16:16:57] <fippo> 16:00 works for me.
[16:16:58] <MattJ> er
[16:16:58] <stpeter> WFM
[16:17:00] <Peter Waher> I've updated them and answered to all objections. Should be fine.
[16:17:01] <Dave Cridland> I would prefer to have a short gap before the board meeting, anyway. There's often a few minutes of interesting chatter after the council.
[16:17:01] <MattJ> I didn't mean that!
[16:17:05] <MattJ> +1 for 16:00
[16:17:13] <Lance> +1 16:00
[16:17:19] <ralphm> MattJ: I call Jetlag.
[16:17:28] <MattJ> Meetings before breakfast
[16:17:47] <Kev> Ok, so 16:00 next Wed, then?
[16:17:56] <Tobias> wfm
[16:18:04] <MattJ> wfm
[16:18:07] <fippo> wfm
[16:18:15] <Lance> wfm
[16:18:17] <Kev> 5) Any other business?
[16:18:25] <Dave Cridland> Kev, Yeah.
[16:18:41] <Kev> I immediately regret asking :)
[16:18:44] <MattJ> :)
[16:18:50] <Dave Cridland> Kev, In a discussion I had recently, the subject of the late and lamented tech review work team was mentioned.
[16:19:16] <Dave Cridland> Kev, Would the Council like an effort to reinstantiate that?
[16:19:19] <Peter Waher> you agree to publish the event logging and dynamic forms XEPs, latest revisions?
[16:19:56] <Kev> Peter Waher: My understanding was that those had passed Council. I can double-check later.
[16:20:12] <Peter Waher> they're not published yet
[16:20:26] <Kev> Peter Waher: See the ongoing discussion about the XEP Editor being overworked.
[16:20:50] <Kev> Dave Cridland: I'm not desperate to start a new work team unless there's actually a bunch of people who would want to be on it.
[16:20:55] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[16:21:01] <ralphm> Kev: agreed
[16:21:10] <Kev> Dave Cridland: If it's one person who wants to do some reviews, I don't see any problem with an informal arrangement.
[16:21:34] <Kev> If there /are/ a group of people who want to be reviewing stuff ~formally, then I'm not strictly opposed to reinstating it.
[16:21:39] <ralphm> Kev: in that case, the team is basically standards@ subscribers
[16:21:41] <Kev> It's a fine idea to have one.
[16:21:59] <Kev> ralphm: That's a nice idea, but I'm pretty sure most of standards@ subscribers aren't reviewing stuff muc.
[16:22:13] <Kev> Heh, Freudian slip. *much*
[16:22:32] <Kev> Dave Cridland: Do you think there's general interest in a formal team for doing reviews?
[16:22:34] <ralphm> Kev: I think we are in agreement
[16:22:50] <Kev> ralphm: An excellent place to be.
[16:23:12] <Dave Cridland> I don't know. I am vaguely under the impression there's a certain degree of interest members in doing *something*, and capitalizing on that might yield a work team.
[16:23:22] <ralphm> It might even be better to ask (to volunteer) specific people for specific documents
[16:23:32] <MattJ> What does a review team add over the council?
[16:23:40] <Kev> MattJ: The Council is a last resort.
[16:23:45] <Dave Cridland> But even the formation of such a team would involve effort, so I'm wondering if the Council see that as a laudable goal or not.
[16:23:57] <Kev> MattJ: It would be much better for document authors to have feedback earlier than "No, we're not letting this go to Draft".
[16:24:01] <Dave Cridland> MattJ, More eyeballs.
[16:24:48] <Kev> Dave Cridland: I'm not opposed. If it happened and worked it would be a Fine Thing. I'd be inclined to start by asking if there are actually people who want to participate in such a thing, rather than trying to formalise the flagpole and then see if anyone salutes.
[16:24:49] <Dave Cridland> Kev, Meaning COuncil needn't always be the Bad Guys.
[16:25:13] <Kev> There is that, although it's not really my concern in this.
[16:25:39] <Dave Cridland> Kev, It's not entirely clear to me if we already have the work team, with nobody actually doing anything with it. That is, the formal aspects might actually be done already.
[16:25:41] <Kev> But, for Experimental XEPs, for example. Council generally let stuff through that is fine to start, but they know is a long way off Draft quality. A review team could help with the interim.
[16:25:55] <Dave Cridland> But anyway, I'm good with the advice I have from Council.
[16:26:15] <Kev> Dave Cridland: I don't much care about the formality. If there are people wanting to do this, it'd be great for it to happen.
[16:26:41] <Kev> Anyone with anything else for anything else?
[16:27:34] <fippo> i just noted that peter requested 0279 as another agenda item
[16:27:38] <fippo> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2013-December/003809.html
[16:27:45] <Kev> Oh, oops.
[16:28:27] <Kev> Re-ordering a little, then
[16:28:31] <Kev> 3b) http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0279.html
LC?
[16:28:37] <MattJ> +1
[16:28:38] <Lance> +1 LC
[16:28:41] <Tobias> +1
[16:28:47] <fippo> i'm fine with LC
[16:28:55] <Kev> I don't mind a Last Call. I still wonder on this XEP and whether it's useful compared to STUN, but that's an LC comment.
[16:29:04] <Lance> though it does have a typo in example 2
[16:29:06] <Kev> 5) Any other business? :)
[16:29:20] <Tobias> none here
[16:29:50] <Kev> OK, I think we're done then.
[16:29:51] <Kev> Thanks all :)
[16:29:52] <fippo> i think I (with my authors hat) want some pending votes on colibri as well, but i'll check the archives and post to the list
[16:29:59] *Kev bangs the gavel.
[16:30:06] <Kev> fippo: Didn't I send mine?
[16:30:17] <Kev> I vaguely remember ticking off that TODO.
[16:30:27] <fippo> kev: you said "OK."
[16:30:41] <Kev> Sorry, Isode patch review habit.
[16:30:46] <Kev> OK = +1.
[16:31:00] <MattJ> I read "hobbit"
[16:31:07] <Dave Cridland> You always responded "Oh Kay" to mine.
[16:31:40] <ralphm>
[16:31:52] <Kev> MattJ: Having patch review hobbits might be interesting.
[16:32:06] <ralphm> Kev: you have shires around, right?
[16:32:13] <Kev> Something like that.
[16:32:21] *** Zash has joined the room
[16:32:22] *** Zash shows as "online"
[16:36:23] *** Peter Waher has left the room
[16:55:27] *** bear has joined the room
[16:55:28] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[17:15:29] *** Dave Cridland has left the room
[17:15:43] *** stpeter has left the room
[17:42:24] *** Lance has left the room
[17:55:16] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[18:05:16] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[18:16:54] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:16:55] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:16:55] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:19:53] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[18:28:21] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:28:27] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:46:45] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:49:00] *** stpeter has joined the room
[19:03:48] *** stpeter has left the room
[19:53:12] *** bear has left the room
[19:56:22] *** Kev shows as "away"
[20:03:29] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[20:11:14] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[20:12:17] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[20:17:02] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[20:27:02] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[20:45:44] *** stpeter has joined the room
[21:02:01] *** Tobias has left the room
[21:03:51] *** Tobias has joined the room
[21:03:53] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "*tired*"
[21:07:07] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[21:20:22] *** Zash has left the room
[21:24:31] *** Lance has joined the room
[21:27:49] *** stpeter has left the room
[21:42:49] *** Kev shows as "online"
[21:49:07] *** MattJ shows as "away"
[22:38:47] *** Tobias has left the room
[22:41:13] *** Tobias has joined the room
[22:41:17] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[22:57:17] *** MattJ shows as "away"
[22:57:18] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[22:58:26] *** stpeter has joined the room
[22:58:27] *** stpeter has left the room
[22:58:27] *** stpeter has joined the room
[23:02:08] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[23:05:07] *** stpeter has left the room
[23:11:45] *** bear has joined the room
[23:11:46] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:24:23] *** Kev shows as "away"
[23:25:23] *** Lance has left the room
[23:32:22] *** Lance has joined the room
[23:48:47] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[23:52:26] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"