Wednesday, March 19, 2014
council@muc.xmpp.org
March
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28 29 30
31            
XMPP Council Room | http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xmpp-council/ | Room logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/ | https://trello.com/b/ww7zWMlI/xmpp-council-agenda

[02:52:49] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[02:53:00] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[03:34:11] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[03:34:14] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[03:39:00] *** Tobias has left the room
[06:14:56] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[06:25:51] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[06:29:08] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[07:01:23] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[07:03:56] *** Kev shows as "online"
[07:08:38] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[07:28:07] *** Tobias has left the room
[08:18:41] *** Tobias has joined the room
[08:18:42] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:44:21] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[08:45:47] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[09:23:20] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[11:15:34] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[11:18:05] *** Kev shows as "away"
[11:20:00] *** Kev shows as "online"
[11:36:07] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[11:51:58] *** Kev shows as "away"
[12:05:14] *** Kev shows as "online"
[12:22:03] *** Lance has joined the room
[12:22:03] *** Lance shows as "online"
[12:50:34] <Lance> i dont think i'll be able to make it for the meeting this afternoon. i'll vote on list
[12:53:30] <Kev> Thanks Lance.
[13:29:16] *** Lance has left the room
[13:49:01] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[13:53:32] <Kev> BTW - things I have on for today are:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0124-1.11rc3.html
UPnP liasons.
[13:53:52] <Kev> http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/iot-discovery.html
[13:53:56] <Kev> (Although I hadn't noticed that one!)
[14:03:07] *** m&m has joined the room
[14:12:34] *** Lance has joined the room
[14:12:35] *** Lance shows as "online"
[14:21:02] <Kev> m&m: Have I missed anything from the editor team?
[14:21:27] <m&m> that looks like the full list
[14:21:31] <Kev> Ta.
[14:53:44] *** m&m shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[15:03:41] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:12:59] *** Lance has joined the room
[15:12:59] *** Lance shows as "online"
[15:14:19] *** m&m shows as "online"
[15:29:21] *** Zash has joined the room
[15:29:21] *** Zash shows as "online"
[15:32:10] <Zash> time?
[15:33:14] <stpeter> 30 minutes from now, right?
[15:34:43] <Tobias> Zash, is your NTP broken?
[15:34:46] <Tobias> ;)
[15:36:38] <Zash> <iq type='get' id='so confuse'>
<time xmlns='urn:xmpp:time'/>
</iq>
[15:37:59] *** Zash has left the room
[15:45:55] *** Kev shows as "away"
[15:46:16] <fippo> kev: and dont forget the agenda item you missed last time ;-)
[15:48:27] *** Peter Waher has joined the room
[15:48:27] <fippo> ah wait, you did not.
[15:50:09] *** Kev shows as "online"
[15:50:33] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:50:47] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[15:50:50] <fippo> nit for 0124: content-length in example 6 seems wrong
[15:51:36] <stpeter> BTW we still need to form the UPnP Liaison Team, I received a ping about that again this morning
[15:52:03] <fippo> stpeter: kev has it on the agenda, forgot it last time
[15:52:14] <fippo> the content-length in example 3 is wrong, too
[15:53:00] <fippo> and the one in example 5
[15:54:40] <stpeter> hrmph
[15:56:17] <stpeter> I admit that I haven't reviewed the latest and greatest
[15:56:30] <stpeter> probably I should since it has my name on it, eh? ;-)
[15:56:44] <m&m> hrm
[16:01:59] <stpeter> in XEP-0206, I wonder if the text about TLS really makes sense - perhaps better to say "MUST NOT" do TLS at the BOSH layer?
[16:02:32] <m&m> I thought that's what we all agreed to
[16:02:57] <m&m> well, XEP-0206 has some more work to be done then
[16:02:57] <stpeter> well it says:

Note: Inclusion of TLS negotiation elements is allowed but is NOT RECOMMENDED. The definition of how TLS might be implemented over BOSH is currently beyond the scope of this document. Instead, channel encryption SHOULD be completed at the HTTP (transport) layer, not the XMPP (application) layer.

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0206-1.4.html
[16:03:16] <Kev> 'tis time.
[16:03:30] <Kev> 1) roll call.
[16:03:33] <Kev> Lance sent apologies.
[16:03:34] <stpeter> anyway, I think I'll take some time for a decent review and also look at this in relation to XMPP over WebSocket so that they're in alignment
[16:03:54] <fippo> here
[16:03:57] *** Zash has joined the room
[16:03:59] *** Zash shows as "online"
[16:05:03] <Kev> Tobias? Mattj?
[16:05:12] <Tobias> there
[16:06:45] <Kev> So, UPnP liasons.
[16:07:39] <Kev> I'd quite like to have either someone Council, or Council-esque on this. What do others think?
[16:07:51] <Kev> Do we have any volunteers from past/present Council or similar?
[16:08:19] *Kev stares at fippo.
[16:08:30] *fippo hides
[16:08:31] <m&m> just don't look at me, I cannot
[16:08:47] <Kev> m&m: I'm not looking at you, for that reason.
[16:08:50] <stpeter> yeah m&m is overbooked
[16:08:58] <Kev> This is also the reason I'm not looking at me.
[16:09:01] <stpeter> but everyone is overbooked
[16:09:05] <m&m> that and conflict-of-interest issues
[16:09:25] <stpeter> note also that we're likely to have 2 more liaison teams, so we'll need to spread the load
[16:09:28] <Kev> There are likely to be Jinglish things involved here, I think? Which makes fippo seem like a good choice.
[16:09:34] *stpeter nods to m&m I suppose
[16:09:36] <Kev> If he'd like to volunteer.
[16:09:56] <m&m> fippo sounds like a fine candidate
[16:10:04] <stpeter> heh
[16:10:15] <Tobias> would be nice to have someone from the council on the team
[16:10:22] <fippo> well, ok.
[16:10:24] <Kev> Tobias: Are you volunteering?
[16:10:26] <stpeter> well, I could do this as well since I've already been working with them
[16:10:27] <Kev> fippo: Ah, excellent.
[16:10:38] <Tobias> Kev, i'm quite busy as it is this semester
[16:10:41] <fippo> i can share with peter ;-)
[16:10:46] <Kev> stpeter: Or that. Although my preference would not be for you to take on anything new :p
[16:10:49] <stpeter> but that's true (for me) of all the liaison discussions
[16:11:05] <Tobias> if no one else would come up i'd spring in..if it's not too much meeting work
[16:11:11] <Kev> stpeter: Well, do you /want/ to be in on this?
[16:11:13] <stpeter> Kev: actually I would prefer that fippo not take on anything new ;-)
[16:11:28] <Kev> I have no idea what Fippo's workload is like :)
[16:11:41] <fippo> stpeter: I'll find things to drop ... like dialback :-)
[16:11:46] <Kev> stpeter / fippo / Tobias: do you want to quickly decide between yourselves?
[16:12:02] <stpeter> how about fippo and I volunteer?
[16:12:03] <Peter Waher> I also volunteer. UPnP are working with IoT-related things.
[16:12:10] <stpeter> Peter Waher: yes, thanks
[16:12:20] <Kev> Peter Waher: Yes, thanks - you and Joachim both.
[16:12:24] <Tobias> stpeter, completely happy with that :)
[16:12:30] <Peter Waher> (y)
[16:12:38] <stpeter> I like this liaison kind of thing
[16:12:46] <Kev> Yeah, I'd like to volunteer myself.
[16:12:50] <Kev> I'm just not going to.
[16:13:06] <stpeter> yep
[16:13:11] <Kev> How big a team do we want here?
[16:13:20] <stpeter> so me, fippo, Peter, and Joachim sounds fine
[16:13:20] <Kev> Does four people seem appropriate, or do we need to select further?
[16:13:27] <stpeter> I think we don't need more
[16:13:46] <Kev> If four people is OK (not too many), I'd like to propose fippo, Joachim and Peter^2.
[16:13:46] <fippo> let's see what the actual workload is and adapt if necessary.
[16:13:53] <stpeter> agreed
[16:14:05] <Tobias> great
[16:14:10] <Kev> fippo / Tobias, +-1 please.
[16:14:14] <Tobias> +1
[16:14:27] <fippo> '+1
[16:14:29] <Kev> Thanks
[16:14:37] <Kev> I'll take the proposal to the Board meeting in a minute, then.
[16:14:57] <Kev> 3) http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/iot-discovery.html
Accept?
[16:15:02] <Kev> I need to go on-list for this.
[16:15:24] *** Dave Cridland has joined the room
[16:15:25] <Tobias> i haven't gotten through this completely yet, so i'll vote on list
[16:15:44] <fippo> me too -- but i'd not that i am somewhat strongly opposed to have hardcoded user@domain names there
[16:15:54] <stpeter> I need to sit down and read then entire IoT "suite"
[16:16:03] <Kev> OK.
[16:16:09] <Kev> 4) http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0124-1.11rc3.html
Accept 1.11?
[16:16:14] <Kev> I, similarly, need to take this to the list.
[16:16:57] <fippo> look good. the content-lengths need to be checked/fixed so i'll vote on list too with more feedback.
[16:17:02] <Tobias> didn't have that one on the radar at all..will go through the diff this evening
[16:17:11] <Kev> Ta.
[16:17:19] <Kev> 5) Date of next
[16:17:29] <m&m> editor notes the examples need to sanitized
[16:17:33] <Kev> 16:00 UK time, Wednesday?
[16:17:47] <Kev> (I /think/ it's the end of next week Europe hits DST)
[16:18:04] <Tobias> Kev, right...in the night from 29/30
[16:18:12] <fippo> m&m: will send that feedback directly to editor.
[16:18:30] <Tobias> that time wfm
[16:18:35] <fippo> time wfm, too
[16:18:39] <Kev> 6) AOB?
[16:18:50] <Tobias> none from my side
[16:18:55] <m&m> fippo: only if that feedback is patches (-: Otherwise substantive changes really ought to be sent it to council@
[16:20:04] <Kev> So I think that's no AOB from anyone?
[16:20:11] <fippo> none from me either
[16:20:16] <Kev> In which case... thanks all.
[16:20:19] *Kev bangs the gavel.
[16:20:26] <Tobias> thank you
[16:21:41] *** Peter Waher has left the room
[16:38:10] <MattJ> Sigh, sorry
[16:38:52] <stpeter> hi MattJ
[16:41:16] <MattJ> Hey
[16:51:25] *** Tobias has left the room
[17:47:48] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[17:48:46] *** Dave Cridland shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[17:49:26] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:49:29] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[17:58:46] *** Dave Cridland shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[18:07:49] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[18:12:52] *** m&m shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[18:26:44] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[18:37:18] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[18:38:18] *** Kev shows as "away"
[18:55:58] *** Dave Cridland shows as "online"
[19:02:32] *** Dave Cridland shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[19:03:40] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "ECC coding & tv"
[19:05:54] *** Lance has joined the room
[19:05:55] *** Lance shows as "online"
[19:06:32] <fippo> m&m: sent. more work than I expected
[19:12:05] *** m&m shows as "online"
[19:12:32] *** Dave Cridland shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[19:12:53] <m&m> ok
[19:15:19] <m&m> thank you for preserving the whitespace (-:
[19:15:32] <m&m> do the calculations assume the whitespace is present, or not present?
[19:26:32] <fippo> not present
[19:26:45] <m&m> thanks
[19:27:00] <fippo> i wasnt sure what i wanted example 6 to look like
[19:27:20] <fippo> so I left the whitespace there
[19:46:16] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "ECC coding & tv"
[19:46:30] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "ECC coding & tv"
[20:06:06] *** Dave Cridland shows as "online"
[20:11:16] *** Lance has joined the room
[20:11:17] *** Lance shows as "online"
[20:28:48] *** Lance has left the room
[20:32:23] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[20:34:27] *** Kev shows as "online"
[20:38:38] *** Tobias has left the room
[20:39:46] *** Zash has left the room
[20:44:10] *** Tobias has joined the room
[20:44:11] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[21:01:56] *** Lance has joined the room
[21:01:57] *** Lance shows as "online"
[21:07:53] *** Zash has joined the room
[21:07:54] *** Zash shows as "online"
[21:18:00] *** m&m shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[21:27:47] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[21:35:08] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[21:39:25] *** m&m shows as "online"
[22:09:19] *** m&m shows as "away" and his status message is "stuffage"
[22:11:41] *** m&m shows as "online"
[22:26:33] *** Kev shows as "away"
[22:29:09] *** Kev shows as "online"
[22:32:00] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[22:38:17] *** m&m has left the room
[22:39:38] *** Kev shows as "away"
[22:43:06] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[22:44:44] *** Tobias has joined the room
[22:44:56] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "ECC coding & tv"
[22:45:04] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[22:57:55] *** stpeter has left the room
[23:05:23] *** tato has joined the room
[23:06:55] *** bear has joined the room
[23:06:56] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:07:01] *** tato has left the room
[23:33:58] *** Zash has left the room
[23:37:29] *** bear has left the room
[23:48:03] *** bear has joined the room
[23:48:07] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:54:14] *** Tobias shows as "away"