Tuesday, September 07, 2010
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
September
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
     
             
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[00:16:06] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:45:26] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:04:52] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:10:02] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:58:26] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[02:14:13] *** Tobias has joined the room
[02:22:03] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[02:35:35] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[02:35:43] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[02:43:32] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[02:44:19] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[02:44:44] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[02:57:15] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[03:05:40] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[03:14:23] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[03:29:48] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[03:39:56] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[03:40:07] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[03:57:58] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[04:40:46] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[04:54:34] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[05:15:25] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[05:34:18] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[05:34:18] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[05:41:07] *** Tobias has left the room
[05:42:37] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[06:04:09] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[06:16:46] *** Tobias has joined the room
[06:24:02] *** Nÿco shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[06:32:27] *** Tobias has left the room
[06:39:48] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[06:48:07] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[07:04:57] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[07:26:22] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[07:27:18] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[07:27:23] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[07:42:35] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[07:47:20] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[07:50:55] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[07:58:20] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:06:44] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[08:14:17] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:22:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[08:53:26] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[09:09:03] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:16:44] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[09:27:50] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[09:29:08] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[09:35:05] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:41:43] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[09:43:19] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[10:08:25] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[10:10:22] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[10:19:06] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[10:35:08] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[10:37:21] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[10:40:12] *** stpeter has joined the room
[10:52:30] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[10:59:55] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[11:21:26] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[11:25:42] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[11:28:18] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:36:13] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[11:41:23] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[11:42:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[12:01:44] *** Florian has joined the room
[12:12:59] *** Nÿco has left the room
[12:20:01] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[12:26:23] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[12:35:29] *** Kooda has joined the room
[12:37:08] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:40:01] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[12:46:18] *** Florian has left the room
[12:46:24] *** Florian has joined the room
[12:50:55] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[13:01:11] *** Tobias has joined the room
[13:03:01] *** jack has joined the room
[13:04:32] *** Tobias has left the room
[13:04:37] <jack> meeting is now or in an hour?
[13:04:53] <Florian> it was supposed to be now
[13:07:29] *** Tobias has joined the room
[13:12:47] <Florian> stpeter, you there?
[13:13:27] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[13:15:10] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[13:15:25] <Florian> I guess we're still missing Will?
[13:15:39] <Nÿco> hi
[13:15:39] <Nÿco> lag test
[13:15:44] <Florian> pong
[13:15:48] <Nÿco> sorry
[13:16:25] <Neustradamus> hi
[13:16:57] *** Kooda shows as "dnd"
[13:19:18] <Nÿco> jack, stpeter: are you available?
[13:19:41] <jack> I'm here
[13:20:00] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[13:20:05] <stpeter> aha
[13:20:10] <Florian> :)
[13:20:12] <stpeter> I didn't realize I was here
[13:20:29] <stpeter> just got back from an early lunch
[13:20:35] <stpeter> no meeting in my calendar
[13:20:37] <stpeter> etc. :)
[13:20:53] <Nÿco> so wanna have that meeting or not?
[13:21:03] <Florian> +1 from me
[13:21:17] <jack> I'm game
[13:21:47] <Nÿco> what does that meea
[13:21:50] <Nÿco> mean?
[13:21:57] <Florian> he's up for it :)
[13:22:03] <jack> +1
[13:22:13] <stpeter> +1 here
[13:22:31] <Florian> so I guess just Will is missing...
[13:22:38] <Nÿco> ok
[13:22:46] <Nÿco> http://typewith.me/dU7MWvDIav
[13:22:57] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[13:23:03] <Nÿco> Agenda:
- New Website?
- Sponsors?
- Roadmap update?
- GSoC?
- Elections?

Sidenote:
- Fix Calendar.

[13:23:20] <Nÿco> wanna add/remove an item?
[13:24:01] <Florian> Mini Summits
[13:24:23] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[13:25:18] <jack> how's the new website being received so far?
[13:25:55] <Nÿco> Will can answer?
[13:25:59] <stpeter> seems good, but I don't have real feedback
[13:26:17] <Florian> yeah, after some first issues, I guess it's working quite well
[13:26:25] <Florian> the next step is just to grow the content
[13:26:40] <Nÿco> maintain would be a priority
[13:26:59] <stpeter> e.g. I noticed that http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/history/ is a bit stale :)
[13:27:42] <Florian> yeah ...
[13:27:57] <Florian> was there any progress with getting the editorial team on board?
[13:28:08] <jack> do we have a page of which pages need the most work?
[13:28:31] <jack> then maybe we can get some people to work on them
[13:29:05] <Florian> I don't think there is one at the moment, but I'm sure we can get a list together
[13:30:20] <Nÿco> the CommTeam is quite asleep
[13:30:33] <Nÿco> maybe mostly because of me
[13:30:40] <Florian> ok, maybe send round a mail on the members list to have a few people give feedback on what content needs updating
[13:30:49] <stpeter> yes
[13:30:55] <Florian> and then let the CommTeam to get cracking on that?
[13:30:56] <Nÿco> sure
[13:31:25] <Nÿco> I don't think 'let' is the right attitude, we may better 'animate' it, r something similar
[13:31:43] <stpeter> I have a short list of issues I've discovered
[13:31:56] <Florian> ok...
[13:31:59] <Florian> maybe a Wiki page?
[13:32:01] <Nÿco> ah, please e-mail them to Will, or to the list?
[13:32:15] <Nÿco> Wiki for tracking?
[13:32:18] <Florian> yeah
[13:32:26] <Florian> list of all pages that are outdated, need fixing
[13:32:35] <Florian> that way we can keep track of what's done and what isn't
[13:32:41] <Florian> easier than thousands of E-mails
[13:32:46] <Florian> with duplicates
[13:32:51] <stpeter> true
[13:32:54] <Nÿco> (we have the JIRA instance)
[13:32:54] <Nÿco> why not
[13:32:55] <Florian> all the members have write acess to the wiki
[13:33:08] <Florian> as they applied through it
[13:33:24] <stpeter> let's update http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/CommTeam while we're at it, too
[13:33:44] *stpeter selects "edit"
[13:35:12] <Nÿco> ok then
[13:36:07] <jack> on sponsorship front, do we have any new ones? I'm pretty sure Collecta is going to kick in some
[13:36:15] <stpeter> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/SiteIssues
[13:36:34] <stpeter> I need to follow up with ISOC
[13:36:47] <Florian> I contacted Voxeo
[13:36:55] <Florian> haven't heard back from them
[13:37:14] <jack> I saw that thread. hopefully something will come of that
[13:37:15] <stpeter> I know a few folks at Voxeo
[13:37:26] <Florian> nor from Nokia
[13:37:51] <Florian> what about setting up an E-mail adress sponsors@xmpp.org ?
[13:38:04] <Florian> afair that was mentioned somewhere
[13:38:23] <jack> for what purpose?
[13:38:44] <Florian> communications to sponsors
[13:38:45] <jack> just an alias to send out updates?
[13:38:55] <Florian> and receive replies
[13:38:59] <Nÿco> what if recepients change?
[13:39:06] <Florian> and that
[13:39:15] <Florian> i.e. sponsors@ can always point to the existing board
[13:39:15] <jack> ok. makes sense
[13:39:29] <Nÿco> why not just use board
[13:39:30] <Nÿco> ?
[13:39:39] <Florian> because it's a mailinglist
[13:39:43] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[13:39:55] <Nÿco> and?
[13:39:57] <stpeter> we had a sponsors@xmpp.org list for communication with and among sponsors, but we never really used it
[13:40:01] <Florian> only members of it can post to it
[13:40:13] <Nÿco> we can reconfigure that?
[13:40:14] <Florian> I wouldn't go for a mailinglist
[13:40:30] <Florian> because we also want to send out invoices through that I guess
[13:40:34] <Nÿco> I would, but ok
[13:40:44] <Florian> and payment details
[13:41:02] <Nÿco> they can originate from any e-mail addresse?
[13:41:04] <stpeter> hmm
[13:41:31] <Florian> it's not as easy to keep track for the other company
[13:41:37] <stpeter> we just need better contact information for each sponsoring company
[13:41:42] <Florian> a single contact adress / reply-to address
[13:41:48] <stpeter> e.g., responsible individual, phone number, etc.
[13:42:06] <Nÿco> ok
[13:42:41] <Nÿco> my point was against the multipicity of contact points
[13:42:43] *** Tobias has left the room
[13:42:51] <Nÿco> but ok, let's write that in the minutes
[13:43:00] <stpeter> multiplicity at each sponsor, or multiplicity from the XSF side?
[13:43:08] <Florian> XSF side
[13:44:13] <Nÿco> (separated the agenda from the minutes)
[13:44:20] <stpeter> ah
[13:44:22] <stpeter> well
[13:44:43] *** bear shows as "online"
[13:44:48] <Florian> and having an official contact address makes it look a lot less like Spam :)
[13:44:55] <stpeter> different people have different contacts, so it's OK to have multiple contacts, but perhaps we should all cc a common alias like sponsors@
[13:45:15] <Florian> yeah
[13:45:35] <Florian> and I would even say send from that alias
[13:46:26] <jack> +1 on sending from the alias
[13:46:41] <Florian> It just makes us look a lot less like we're trying to scam peopel
[13:46:43] <Florian> *people
[13:46:50] <stpeter> hmm
[13:47:09] <Florian> otherwise, it might look a bit like the "You're great uncle in Zimbabwe died, please send many munies here."
[13:47:40] <stpeter> well, if you have a personal contact at Voxeo or ISOC or whatever, then I say use that contact for communication to establish the relationship -- but we can send "invoices" and reminders from sponsors@xmpp.org -- is that what you're suggesting?
[13:47:56] <Florian> yes
[13:48:03] <stpeter> ok
[13:48:04] <stpeter> +1 then
[13:48:07] <Florian> and on top of that ... for companies like Nokia
[13:48:19] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:48:20] <Nÿco> want to PGP-sign?
[13:48:21] <Florian> where you get redirected to other departments etc.
[13:48:41] <Florian> I mean, personal contacts are personal contacts
[13:48:46] <Florian> but for any other companies
[13:48:57] <Florian> sponsors@xmpp.org just looks a lot more legit.
[13:49:12] <stpeter> yep
[13:49:22] <stpeter> now we'll need to figure out how to make that happen
[13:49:28] <Florian> right
[13:49:45] <Florian> I guess incomming is alias to the board members
[13:49:58] <Florian> and outgoing, we need an SMTP account on the mail server?
[13:50:19] <Florian> or even an IMAP inbox?
[13:51:05] <stpeter> well
[13:51:11] <stpeter> possible
[13:51:15] <stpeter> I'm not a mail guru :)
[13:51:39] <Nÿco> we can write our requirements for the infra department to implement? ;-)
[13:51:51] <Florian> :D
[13:51:52] <stpeter> for editor@xmpp.org, mail is sent by scripts and received via an alias that goes only to me but could go to others, too
[13:51:55] <Florian> they'll be glad :D
[13:52:17] <Florian> but yeah, I guess we will find some way
[13:53:00] <Nÿco> ok
[13:53:03] <Nÿco> next agenda item?
[13:53:10] <Nÿco> or still sponsors?
[13:53:32] <Florian> well, I guess in regards to sponsors ...
[13:53:35] <Florian> let's try to get some :)
[13:53:35] <Nÿco> next item would be: "Roadmap update?"
[13:53:46] <Nÿco> ah, good point! ;-)
[13:54:12] <Florian> so yeah, I'd say next item?
[13:54:52] <stpeter> http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/xsf/xsf-roadmap/
[13:54:54] <stpeter> ?
[13:55:08] <Nÿco> last meeting notes:
[13:55:09] <Nÿco>
- Roadmap update
Need to discuss with everyone (Board, Council, members, community)
Set broader technical priorities
These can be presented to sponsors, too
[13:55:11] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[13:55:58] <Florian> ok, so maybe once we have some sponsors on board
[13:55:59] <Nÿco> maybe we need to increase the importance/emergency of spam fighting
[13:56:02] <stpeter> it seems that a discussion on the members@ list would be a good place to start
[13:56:02] <Florian> see what they'd like to see?
[13:56:10] <Florian> and then have a joint meeting with the council?
[13:56:20] <Florian> and yes, members of course :)
[13:56:40] <Nÿco> members yes, but also maybe a broader range of users/developpers/admins?
[13:56:54] <Nÿco> a call for comments on the roadmpa update on our blog?
[13:56:56] <stpeter> I'll kick off a discussion on the members list
[13:57:01] <Nÿco> ok, thx
[13:57:01] <stpeter> hmm
[13:57:15] <Florian> I'd say the blog later
[13:57:17] <stpeter> I would hope that we have pretty good representation on the member list
[13:57:21] <Florian> once we have some suggestions to begin with
[13:57:35] <stpeter> we can use that to come up with some priorities
[13:57:39] <stpeter> yeah, what Florian said :)
[13:57:43] <Nÿco> this would have 2 goals:
1/ get feedback
2/ get more people implied in the XSF processes
[13:57:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:58:14] <Nÿco> agree with the blog article being posted later, when we have something consistent
[13:58:41] <Florian> sounds good
[13:58:58] <Florian> so who is going to send out a mail to the members@ ?
[13:59:10] <Nÿco> s
[13:59:16] *** jack shows as "online"
[13:59:16] <Nÿco> ...tpeter
[13:59:36] <stpeter> yep, me
[13:59:40] <stpeter> I started writing it already
[13:59:48] <Nÿco> lightning fast...
[13:59:53] <stpeter> sometimes
[13:59:58] <Nÿco> you already have feedback???
[14:00:00] <stpeter> other times, deathly slow
[14:00:12] <Florian> heh :)
[14:00:18] <Florian> ok ... next item then?
[14:00:21] <stpeter> yep
[14:00:23] <Nÿco> yep
[14:01:01] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:01:01] <MiGri> yep
[14:01:04] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[14:01:11] <Nÿco> g.s.o.c.
[14:01:23] <stpeter> aha
[14:01:30] <stpeter> bear can tell us about that
[14:01:37] <Nÿco> bear?
[14:01:38] <stpeter> I think it went well, but he knows all
[14:01:40] <bear> yes?
[14:01:46] <bear> it went very well
[14:01:48] <Florian> GSoC?
[14:02:02] <bear> active participation in community by 3 of the 4
[14:02:16] <bear> code has landed and I need to get it bundled to put out onto the gsoc repos
[14:02:34] <bear> so a very good but quiet GSoC
[14:02:49] <bear> no drama or other non-coding issues
[14:03:01] <stpeter> good, I don't like drama
[14:03:22] <bear> and unless one of the euro centered mentors wants to go to the event, I don't think we will be sending anyone
[14:03:37] <stpeter> one piece of feedback: it would be helpful to require implementation reports of some kind from students before their projects are considered complete (this helps us to improve the XEPs)
[14:03:53] <bear> we tried to poke in that direction
[14:04:07] <bear> but that's a feedback for myself - be much more forceful next time
[14:04:32] <stpeter> well, we could tell them that they won't receive the money without an implementation report :)
[14:04:42] <bear> i'll bring that up with Kev this weekend - I need to get with him for end-of-project closeup
[14:04:46] <Nÿco> do you want to write another blogpost?
[14:05:03] <bear> yes - working on the words - they come slower for me than you guys :)
[14:06:54] <Nÿco> ok
[14:07:34] <Nÿco> next item? elections?
[14:07:34] <Florian> next up ... elections?
[14:07:37] <Nÿco> ;-)
[14:08:00] <Nÿco> not much candidates, we must encourage, challenge the candidates
[14:08:13] <Nÿco> in order to have good ones
[14:08:30] <Florian> I guess the date is set to the 30th for applications
[14:08:34] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[14:08:39] <Florian> and then until the 15th of October for voting?
[14:09:21] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:09:37] *** jack has left the room
[14:09:54] <Nÿco> is there a need?
[14:10:12] <Nÿco> we cant' postpone all elections periods like that
[14:10:28] <stpeter> yeah I will poke some more people
[14:10:48] <stpeter> in years past we had the application period in August but people were on vacation
[14:11:12] <stpeter> so last year candidates wrote their "position papers" in September, that worked better I think
[14:11:44] <Nÿco> ok...
[14:12:19] <Nÿco> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Board_and_Council_Elections_2010 create/update yours!
[14:12:39] <Nÿco> next item? Mini summits?
[14:12:45] <Florian> yes
[14:12:58] <Florian> I think, looking at the time, and seeing as Will is not here ... table it?
[14:13:02] <Florian> next meeting?
[14:13:14] <Florian> unless everyone wants to talk about it now
[14:13:26] <stpeter> OK I posted to members@ about the roadmap and to commteam@ about the site issues page
[14:13:36] <jack> +1 to tabling for now
[14:13:46] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[14:13:54] <Florian> +2
[14:14:09] <stpeter> tabling for now is fine with me
[14:15:07] <Florian> ok
[14:15:11] <Florian> then just ... next meeting?/
[14:15:41] *stpeter ponders standing for the Council again
[14:15:43] <Nÿco> Next meeting:
2010-09-21, same place, same time

[14:15:44] <Nÿco> ?
[14:15:59] <stpeter> WFM
[14:16:02] <Florian> WFM
[14:16:05] <Florian> ah
[14:16:06] <Nÿco> http://typewith.me/dU7MWvDIav <<< please review, edit, add, remove, etc.
[14:16:07] <Florian> actually ..
[14:16:09] <Florian> yeah
[14:16:13] <Florian> will work
[14:16:22] <jack> WFM
[14:16:24] <Florian> note: Please add this to the calendar
[14:16:28] <jack> see you guys online
[14:16:30] <Florian> whoever can :)
[14:16:32] <Nÿco> can we put that item in the XSF cal?
[14:16:36] <stpeter> oh sorry I missed the minutes page
[14:16:38] <Nÿco> thx all
[14:16:47] <Florian> yup, thx guys
[14:16:48] <stpeter> yes I will update the calendar, easy enough
[14:16:54] <Nÿco> thx
[14:16:57] *** jack has left the room
[14:16:59] <Nÿco> you can review it now
[14:18:47] <Nÿco> who's gonna post to the ML?
[14:19:42] <Florian> ah
[14:19:45] <Florian> quick question
[14:19:46] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[14:19:52] <Florian> as I've just got some replies from voxeo
[14:19:58] <Florian> Sponsorship start date?
[14:19:59] <Florian> asap?
[14:20:06] <Florian> or should we group a few together?
[14:20:10] <Florian> i.e. 1. November?
[14:20:23] <stpeter> hmm
[14:20:44] <stpeter> 1 January (calendar year)?
[14:20:50] <stpeter> that seems perhaps easier to track
[14:21:01] <Florian> ok
[14:21:08] <Florian> but that's quite far away from now
[14:21:29] <Florian> and sometimes, some companies prefer to have the sponsorship at the end of the year (remaining funds in projects)
[14:22:20] <stpeter> true
[14:22:24] <Florian> and I guess we'll be accepting Sponsors throughout the year (at least according to our website)
[14:22:32] <stpeter> right
[14:22:37] <stpeter> we accept at any time
[14:22:45] <Florian> so I guess October might be a bit too short
[14:22:54] <stpeter> but then the question is, when would we ask them to renew?
[14:22:55] <Florian> but by November, we should have a good lineup of all new sponsors
[14:22:59] <Florian> 12 months
[14:23:16] <stpeter> ok
[14:23:18] <stpeter> that's fine
[14:23:26] <Florian> and I guess we'll always tell them to start on the 1st of some month
[14:23:30] <Florian> just for easier management
[14:23:33] <stpeter> yes
[14:23:35] <stpeter> exactly
[14:24:54] <Florian> so yeah, sponsors can join every month
[14:25:03] <Florian> and we'll launch our first batch in November?
[14:25:03] *** will.sheward has joined the room
[14:25:16] <stpeter> Florian: do we really need to batch them?
[14:25:22] <stpeter> hi will
[14:25:28] <Florian> hey will.sheward
[14:25:34] <will.sheward> shamefaced will has joined the meeting
[14:25:43] <Florian> I guess the site would look a bit strange with just one sponsor
[14:25:50] <will.sheward> must remember to attend meetings that i suggest
[14:25:56] <will.sheward> do we just have one?
[14:25:56] <Florian> so I'd like to have at least a few (3?) to launch it
[14:26:14] <Florian> we just had :)
[14:26:16] <will.sheward> what about the people hosting the site who would be payment in kind sponsors?
[14:26:44] <Florian> ah right
[14:26:57] <stpeter> brb
[14:27:04] <Florian> USSHC is staying on I guess
[14:27:20] <Florian> we just need to write them an official "invoice" for 12 months I guess?
[14:27:37] <Florian> i.e. a sponsorship for 12 months, that gets renewed every 12 months, until the service isn't used anymore
[14:27:52] <Florian> but basically to have an official agreement for a certain time
[14:27:55] <will.sheward> yes, treasurer/secretary issue i think
[14:28:06] <Florian> to not have sponsors back out in the middle of a term
[14:28:11] <Florian> right
[14:28:22] <will.sheward> as long as we have their money, i think that's unlikely
[14:28:34] <Florian> well, it's different for in-kind :)
[14:28:40] <will.sheward> unless we do something appalling and nobody wants to be associated with us any more :-)
[14:30:46] <Florian> I guess someone needs to look into the legal stuff then?
[14:31:01] <Florian> i.e. sponsorship invoices and papers we send out for in-kind stuff
[14:31:11] <will.sheward> invoices = treasurer
[14:31:11] <Florian> stpeter, I guess you know most about this?
[14:31:21] <will.sheward> and peter's sfk
[14:31:24] <will.sheward> afk
[14:31:29] <will.sheward> i think at the moment
[14:31:45] <Florian> that's the beauty of XMPP ... it's real-time, yet still allows for asynchronous conversations :D
[14:31:56] <will.sheward> you sound like a salesman
[14:32:03] <Florian> :p
[14:32:21] <Florian> but about the sponsorships ... I guess we should at least have them start always at the 1st of the month
[14:32:28] <Florian> just to keep it maintainable
[14:32:47] <Florian> seeing as having 100s of sponsors with completely random due dates ...
[14:32:52] <will.sheward> or we could pro-rata until the end of a defined period
[14:32:54] <Florian> that's complicated :D
[14:33:04] <Florian> that's also possible
[14:33:20] <Florian> but might be a bit messier
[14:33:29] <Florian> and depending on companies budgets, not as good
[14:33:58] <Florian> as I was saying before, some companies prefer to start sponsoring in December, as they see that they have got some money left
[14:34:09] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:34:28] <will.sheward> true
[14:34:33] <Florian> so always starting at the 1st of a month is quite useful
[14:34:39] <Florian> and very maintainable
[14:35:22] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[14:35:24] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[14:35:29] *** Florian_Homer has joined the room
[14:36:27] *** Ludovic has left the room
[14:37:17] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[14:37:23] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[14:38:59] <Florian_Homer> will.sheward: do we actually have a sponsor detail page example somewhere?
[14:39:55] <will.sheward> no - we didn't have such pages on the old site
[14:40:10] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[14:40:15] *** Florian shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[14:40:42] <will.sheward> i'll put something togehter tomorrow for usshc - we cna use that as an example for the voxeo people
[14:40:42] <stpeter> correct
[14:41:27] <Florian_Homer> great
[14:41:41] <Florian_Homer> and I guess we should delete the other sponsors from the pages
[14:42:06] <will.sheward> do we consider google a sponsor still?
[14:42:29] <stpeter> I'm not sure who to consider a sponsor anymore
[14:42:55] <will.sheward> strictly speaking only our hosts and voxeo.
[14:43:10] <stpeter> yep
[14:43:45] <Florian_Homer> here's a question ... <biased>Flosoft.biz for ds0039?</biased>
[14:44:02] <Florian_Homer> don't remember what happened to that in the end?
[14:44:12] <will.sheward> ds0039?
[14:44:22] <Florian_Homer> the server that serves as proxy
[14:44:24] <Florian_Homer> and stun
[14:44:25] *** Kooda shows as "away" and his status message is " (Absent(e) car inactif depuis plus de 5 min)"
[14:44:29] <Florian_Homer> and some other stuff afair
[14:44:34] <stpeter> will.sheward: that's one of the machines we use,currently used only for the file transfer proxy I think
[14:46:34] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[14:46:42] <will.sheward> we should discuss at the next meeting (I'll be there this time promise). then we can wipe existing sponsors at the end of the month and put the new ones up.
[14:47:00] <Florian_Homer> sounds good
[14:47:13] <Florian_Homer> does anyone have the HP / Dell sponsorship deals?
[14:47:15] <will.sheward> this wil give florian a couple weeks to find some more
[14:47:22] <will.sheward> :)
[14:47:24] <Florian_Homer> :D
[14:47:43] <Florian_Homer> time to kick in some doors :)
[14:50:15] *** Florian shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[14:54:26] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Non disponible car inactif depuis plus de 15 min)"
[14:56:25] *** Ludovic has left the room
[14:59:36] <bear> florian shoud start in on Mozilla Europe
[14:59:55] <Florian_Homer> bear: how do you mean?
[14:59:56] <bear> and push the open source angle
[15:00:31] <Florian_Homer> oh, for sponsorship?
[15:00:37] <bear> just saying you could contact mozilla euro.... yes
[15:00:40] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:00:47] <Florian_Homer> why not US?
[15:01:08] <Florian_Homer> I'm more often awake in the US timezone :)
[15:01:10] <bear> i'll be contacting hem
[15:01:18] <bear> but sure - hit up both
[15:01:25] <Florian_Homer> ah right :)
[15:01:41] <Florian_Homer> any contacts I should hit up in Europe?
[15:02:09] <bear> let me get them
[15:02:31] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[15:02:38] <Florian_Homer> and stpeter wanted to check with Cisco :)
[15:03:51] *** Florian shows as "online"
[15:04:41] <bear> Barbara Hueppe bhueppe@mozilla.com EU Communications Manager
[15:04:55] <bear> she is in Berlin
[15:05:46] <Florian> cheers
[15:06:01] <Florian> I'll drop her a line (maybe once we get the sponsors@ E-mail?
[15:06:18] <bear> k
[15:07:20] *** Nÿco has left the room
[15:08:59] <Florian_Homer> I'm wondering who of the ITeam can set that up?
[15:10:41] *** Florian has left the room
[15:10:49] *** Florian has joined the room
[15:12:44] <stpeter> I'll send an email to the iteam list about it
[15:13:03] <Florian> great
[15:13:49] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[15:15:17] *** Kooda has left the room
[15:17:23] *** will.sheward has left the room
[15:17:34] <stpeter> done
[15:19:41] <Neustradamus> Tristan Nitot : http://www.nitot.com/ Mozilla Europe
[15:23:28] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[15:23:35] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[15:25:43] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[15:30:43] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[15:31:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[15:54:24] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[16:04:15] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[16:06:21] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[16:08:22] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[16:28:48] *** Tobias has joined the room
[16:29:07] *** bear shows as "away"
[16:38:45] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[16:39:46] *** bear shows as "online"
[16:44:05] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[17:04:32] *** stpeter has left the room
[17:04:57] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[17:06:19] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[17:08:04] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[17:12:59] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[17:14:47] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[17:26:07] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[17:30:53] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:09:54] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:13:40] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:15:49] *** bear shows as "away"
[18:17:51] *** bear shows as "online"
[18:18:50] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:29:47] *** bear shows as "away"
[18:34:12] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:39:22] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:40:26] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[18:52:49] *** Tobias has left the room
[18:55:58] *** bear shows as "online"
[19:00:46] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[19:05:58] *** bear shows as "away"
[19:09:49] *** bear shows as "online"
[19:19:54] *** bear shows as "away"
[19:46:48] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[19:51:58] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[20:17:19] *** Florian has left the room
[20:40:27] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[20:54:35] *** bear shows as "online"
[21:13:07] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[21:26:51] *** bear shows as "away"
[21:54:31] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[21:58:11] *** bear shows as "online"
[23:42:57] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[23:43:13] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[23:51:10] *** bear shows as "away"
[23:58:04] *** davidczech shows as "online"