Wednesday, November 10, 2010
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
November
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
         
             
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[00:00:00] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:03] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:06] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:08] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:19] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:21] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:31] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:35] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:38] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:42] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:00:51] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:21] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:23] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:33] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:35] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:36] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:38] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:01:48] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:02:51] *** davidczech has left the room
[00:03:09] *** davidczech has joined the room
[00:04:05] *** bear shows as "online"
[00:15:06] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:26:30] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:33:30] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[00:52:30] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:03:31] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:04:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:09:34] *** stpeter has joined the room
[01:10:05] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:14:01] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:23:01] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:27:55] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:35:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:35:49] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:41:09] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[01:55:52] *** bear shows as "away"
[01:56:35] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:01:19] *** stpeter shows as "dnd" and his status message is "CORE WG session"
[02:02:05] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:12:33] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:16:48] *** bear shows as "online"
[02:17:53] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:29:11] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:42:11] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:48:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:56:55] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[02:57:43] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[03:26:58] *** stpeter has left the room
[03:42:04] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[03:45:58] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[03:53:28] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[03:55:38] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[04:12:28] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[04:30:38] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[04:47:38] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[04:50:34] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:02:45] *** stpeter has joined the room
[05:24:15] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:25:51] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:31:19] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:33:43] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:40:20] *** bear shows as "away"
[05:46:53] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[05:59:05] *** bear shows as "online"
[06:09:36] *** bear shows as "away"
[06:15:42] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[06:22:12] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[06:29:28] *** bear shows as "online"
[06:40:05] *** bear shows as "away"
[06:41:20] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[06:51:02] *** bear shows as "online"
[06:53:10] *** davidczech shows as "online"
[07:17:06] *** bear shows as "away"
[07:22:11] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[07:26:46] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[07:30:39] *** stpeter has left the room
[07:30:40] *** stpeter has joined the room
[08:14:56] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[08:14:59] *** Ludovic has left the room
[08:20:23] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[08:23:26] *** stpeter has left the room
[08:36:11] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:39:17] *** stpeter has joined the room
[08:47:25] *** Tobias has joined the room
[08:50:46] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[08:51:23] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:04:12] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[09:06:10] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:12:37] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[09:20:51] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[09:26:24] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[09:32:37] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[09:34:12] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[09:41:27] *** Tobias has left the room
[09:41:37] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:41:41] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[09:58:19] *** Tobias has left the room
[09:59:21] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:59:25] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[10:04:47] *** stpeter has left the room
[10:45:44] *** davidczech has left the room
[10:45:45] *** davidczech has joined the room
[10:56:27] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:16:44] *** stpeter has joined the room
[11:23:59] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[11:30:13] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[11:44:05] *** Nÿco shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[11:50:10] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:12:34] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[12:30:13] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[12:32:34] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is "wandered off..."
[12:39:01] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[12:42:10] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:50:11] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:01:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:14:36] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[13:14:52] *** stpeter has left the room
[13:17:09] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:25:30] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:29:19] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[13:30:31] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:43:53] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:00:00] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:01:11] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[14:08:18] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:34:25] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:42:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:45:14] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:54:46] *** bear shows as "online"
[14:55:38] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[15:54:55] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:55:47] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[15:56:59] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[16:05:15] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[16:10:50] *** linuxwolf has joined the room
[16:12:51] *** linuxwolf has left the room
[16:16:37] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:18:15] *** bear shows as "away"
[16:36:37] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:44:12] *** bear shows as "online"
[16:50:19] <Nÿco> meeting in 12 minutes?
[16:50:22] <Nÿco> lag-test
[16:54:06] <bear> is there a board muc like there is for council?
[16:55:58] *** Will has joined the room
[16:59:27] *** jack has joined the room
[17:00:22] <Will> hi jack
[17:00:38] *** Florian has joined the room
[17:00:41] <Florian> hi
[17:00:44] *** Will shows as "xa" and his status message is "XSF Board meeting"
[17:00:47] <Florian> so ... time for the board meeting?
[17:00:55] <Will> 30 seconds :-)
[17:02:07] <Will> Are we all here?
[17:02:27] <Florian> Peter is missing
[17:02:39] <jack> seems so
[17:03:11] <jack> Welcome everyone to the first meeting of the 2010/2011 board :)
[17:03:15] <Will> !
[17:03:35] <Will> welcome especially Mike
[17:03:40] <jack> Indeed!
[17:03:43] <Florian> indeed
[17:03:46] <jack> Fresh blood is always good.
[17:03:50] <bear> who?
[17:03:56] <bear> oh me!
[17:03:58] <Will> some bloke, i dunno
[17:04:35] <jack> So as with every newly seated board, we have to nominate some officers
[17:05:05] <Florian> yup
[17:05:11] <jack> I believe we need ED, Secretary, and Treasurer
[17:05:43] <Florian> I'd propose Peter to take the position of ED if he's up for it
[17:05:47] <jack> oh, and board chair
[17:05:50] <jack> seconded
[17:05:58] <Will> thirded
[17:06:01] <jack> I'll volunteer for treasurer again
[17:06:05] <Will> especially as he's not here ;-)
[17:06:08] <Florian> seconded
[17:06:11] <bear> devious
[17:06:23] <Will> stpeter now gets all the bad jobs
[17:06:28] <Florian> haha
[17:06:44] <jack> Alexander is our current secretary, and he did a good job as I recall last year. Does anyone know if he's up for doing it again?
[17:06:57] <Will> he's not said as far as i know.
[17:07:04] <Florian> hmm
[17:07:13] <Florian> I'd say ... let's ask him
[17:07:15] <jack> I'd suggest we contact him and ask
[17:07:19] <Will> +1
[17:07:23] <Florian> :)
[17:07:37] <Will> note we're not contacting peter, just assuming
[17:07:44] <Florian> haha
[17:08:08] <jack> I'll email them both right now
[17:08:23] <Will> cool
[17:08:38] <jack> Bear, you seemed to be quite organized :) Want to ttake a crack at Chair?
[17:08:54] <Florian> :)
[17:09:04] <bear> what does that entail?
[17:09:16] <Will> quick, vote him in while he's still typing on typewithme and doesn't notice ;-)
[17:09:22] <bear> :P
[17:09:45] <Florian> +1
[17:09:47] <jack> mostly that you make some agendas
[17:09:48] <Will> you get to have a longer title than the rest of us and bang a gavel
[17:09:52] <jack> although I guess nyco has been doing that :)
[17:09:56] <bear> if it is just herding cats and making thingssmooth for others - sure
[17:10:22] <Will> I second bear for big chairman role
[17:10:25] <jack> There might be a bylaw or two were you break tie votes for other things, but AFAIK none of that has ever been used.
[17:10:51] <bear> k
[17:11:00] <Will> you have no real power, we just get to blame you if things go wrong
[17:11:16] <bear> well damn, since you put it that way, where do I sign up!
[17:11:26] <Will> I'm not hearing anything from nyco - is he here?
[17:11:38] <Florian> Nÿco?
[17:11:48] <bear> he did a "lag test" about 15 minutes before the meeting started
[17:12:09] <Will> latency in france must be a b**ch
[17:12:18] <Florian> lol
[17:12:36] <Neustradamus> :D
[17:13:09] <Nÿco> yep
[17:13:13] <Will> aha!
[17:13:21] <Florian> he's alive!
[17:13:27] <Nÿco> my client is
[17:13:39] <Nÿco> lag-test
[17:13:45] <Nÿco> awful
[17:13:51] <Nÿco> but still I can follow
[17:13:55] <Florian> using OneTeam again? :p
[17:14:07] <Nÿco> no, Psi+
[17:14:11] <Florian> sorry ... just had to crack that joke :p
[17:14:11] *bear chuckles
[17:14:19] <Nÿco> the lag does not come from the client
[17:15:04] <jack> Alex responded that he is up for secretary again.
[17:15:09] <Will> cool
[17:15:11] <jack> +1 from me
[17:15:17] <Will> dito
[17:15:37] <jack> other votes?
[17:15:40] <Nÿco> as for the chair, I'm comfortably sit, thx ;-)
[17:15:48] <Will> lol
[17:16:06] <Florian> +1
[17:16:19] <Florian> ok .. so the board is sorted?
[17:16:25] <Will> i think so
[17:16:28] <Nÿco> sort... of
[17:17:25] <Nÿco> next item?
[17:17:31] <Florian> yup
[17:17:32] <Nÿco> bumonthly meetings?
[17:17:38] <Will> regular meetings +1
[17:17:38] <Nÿco> s/bu/bi/
[17:17:45] <Nÿco> Wed?
[17:17:51] <jack> I am +1 for the regular meeting slot.
[17:17:55] <Florian> +1
[17:17:56] <Nÿco> the biggest question will be time?
[17:18:04] <Florian> good time at the moment
[17:18:18] <Will> I'm ok for this time
[17:18:18] <Nÿco> we have a timezone overlap, let's choose in this timeframe
[17:18:28] <Nÿco> I'm ok too
[17:18:42] <Nÿco> "17:00 aka 5:00pm GMT/UTC"
[17:18:45] <bear> this time or earlier is good for me
[17:18:56] <Florian> I can't do 16:00
[17:19:09] <Florian> can't do earlier than 17:00
[17:19:32] <Nÿco> no one against this time?
[17:19:50] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:19:55] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[17:20:24] <jack> I think everyone confirmed.
[17:20:33] <Florian> ok ... great :)
[17:21:20] <bear> cool, so bi-weekly at 1700 GMT starting today
[17:21:39] <jack> Next topic, new website
[17:21:55] <Will> items on website....
[17:22:02] <Nÿco> every two weeks, bi-weekly being twice a week
[17:22:11] <Nÿco> Roundups:
[17:22:24] <Nÿco> my mistake I don't find time to publish them
[17:22:45] <Florian> shouldn't that be something for the commteam?
[17:22:47] <Will> They were good, I'm happy to take lead in re-starting, with nyco's help
[17:22:58] <Nÿco> ok
[17:23:05] <Nÿco> drafts are in the wiki
[17:23:16] <Will> i'll take a look tomorrow
[17:23:18] <Nÿco> how would like to work? go on with drafting on the wiki?
[17:23:32] <Will> I think we should draft in the wordpress installation
[17:23:40] <Florian> +1 for wordpress
[17:23:46] <Nÿco> -1 for WP
[17:24:06] <Will> I suppose it is less public
[17:24:07] <Nÿco> this wiki lets other people watch and contribute, like for example Neustradamus, who is a great help
[17:24:14] <Will> so i understand where nyco is coming from
[17:24:20] <Nÿco> ?
[17:24:31] <Florian> what about Etherpad?
[17:24:49] <Nÿco> -1 for Etherpad: doesn't fit
[17:25:09] <jack> I think the wiki is fine
[17:25:11] <Will> i withdraw my +1 for WP and convert it to keeping with wiki
[17:25:32] <Nÿco> it is not optimal, I confess, but it works mostly
[17:25:38] <jack> Or rather, I vote for whatever Nyco would prefer, since he is the one drafting most of them :)
[17:25:44] <Nÿco> can we have a better tool someday?
[17:25:44] <Will> lol
[17:25:52] <Florian> lol
[17:26:01] <jack> Nyco, what would you like in a better tool?
[17:26:09] <Will> how about google wave <snigger>
[17:26:42] <Nÿco> I would define the roundups as being more successful, if we have more contribs, so any tool for contribs would do
[17:26:49] <Florian> instead of wave, I'd say etherpad
[17:27:02] <Will> we'll stick with wiki for the moment i think
[17:27:09] <Florian> yeah
[17:27:13] <Nÿco> etherpad ahs no links, no traceability, etc.
[17:27:19] <Nÿco> etherpad is good for one-shots
[17:27:24] <Nÿco> ok
[17:27:47] <Nÿco> "new website" agenda item: anything to add?
[17:27:53] <Will> the tables have stopped working (not editable) again, Kev is looking to see if permissions have changed. If he can't find a reason, we'll try another way of generating them
[17:28:24] <bear> i'm working on getting access to git and going to switch the services, libs and clients table to generated tool like what is used for xeps
[17:28:26] <Will> plus the ics plugin that was causing the performance issues has a new version out which i'll try tomorrow probably....
[17:28:45] <Will> which should enable us to at last fill in this page: http://xmpp.org/participate/future-events/
[17:29:06] <Will> bear: that'd be good
[17:29:35] *** Kev has joined the room
[17:29:35] *** Kev shows as "online"
[17:29:37] <bear> yea, going to use the same input format if possible
[17:30:27] <Neustradamus> I would like an update of the very old mediawiki version.
[17:30:28] <Nÿco> maintaining the tables data needs more contributions as well...
[17:30:42] <Nÿco> can we open the edition to some subsections of the website to special users?
[17:30:55] <bear> the person who maintains a spanish version of the tables has contacted me to help
[17:31:03] <Will> Nÿco: agree but we're short of volunteers at the moment.
[17:31:04] <Nÿco> cool!
[17:31:12] <Kev> Nÿco: I don't know if that's possible in wordpress, is it?
[17:31:15] <Nÿco> I meant, can we do it technically?
[17:31:27] <Nÿco> ah
[17:31:32] <Kev> I thought you had to be a sitewide editor, but I'm no wordpress guru.
[17:31:46] <Nÿco> ok, no fine grained persmissions?
[17:32:02] <bear> if the tables can be generated then we can use git pull-requests :)
[17:32:13] <Nÿco> yes, from where?
[17:32:38] <Will> no fine grained permissions as standard but we can set people up as contributors which means their changes would be held until released by someone with higher permissions?
[17:32:59] <Will> i bet there's a plugin for that though (fine grained)
[17:33:59] <bear> let's let the current wp changes get made and then we could revisit the workflow
[17:34:08] <Will> agreed
[17:34:18] <Will> walk first, run second
[17:34:32] <Nÿco> ok
[17:34:40] <Nÿco> anything else on the website?
[17:34:58] <Will> nothing here
[17:35:01] <Nÿco> I tend to agree on the Mediawiki version, but it's a low priority
[17:36:22] <Nÿco> next item? Sponsors?
[17:36:25] <Will> Sponsors?
[17:37:34] <jack> I will send an invoice to Collecta this week. They agreed to sponsor.
[17:38:01] <jack> Has anyone asked anyone else? Perhaps we should ask Jonas and see if google is interested :)
[17:38:35] <bear> do we have a list of past sponsors? and have they been contacted?
[17:38:54] <Will> I've not yet started asking, but a generic message to members to see if they know of anyone (employyers?) would be a good idea
[17:39:29] <Nÿco> +1
[17:39:40] <Will> I think peter is our best source for list of past sponers...
[17:39:49] <Will> i seem to recall we've talked about this before?
[17:40:41] <bear> is someone working on the past list then?
[17:40:55] <Will> i think "working might be stretching it
[17:41:00] <bear> :)
[17:41:16] <bear> ok, i'll contact peter about the past list and do an email to member list about suggestions
[17:42:05] <Will> I'll draft an email to Members
[17:42:57] <bear> ok
[17:43:27] <Nÿco> web archive machine may help
[17:43:59] <Nÿco> Wayback machine, sorry
[17:44:03] <Nÿco> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://jabber.org
[17:44:24] <Nÿco> Special Thanks to Our Sponsors: IBM | Hitachi
[17:44:25] <Nÿco> wow
[17:44:32] <Nÿco> http://web.archive.org/web/20020124045738/http://www.jabber.org/
[17:44:37] <Nÿco> in 2002
[17:45:09] <Will> you know that opening statement on that page is better than anything we currently have
[17:45:38] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[17:46:18] <Nÿco> next item?
[17:46:29] <Nÿco> Roadmap?
[17:46:33] <jack> We typically strive to keep the board meetings short. Shall we adjourn today and continue with the remaining items in 2 weeks?
[17:46:49] <Nÿco>
- Roadmap update
- GSoC
- Elections
- Mini Summits
[17:46:52] <Nÿco> agree
[17:46:58] <bear> +1
[17:47:12] <Will> +1 and we need to talk FOSDEM next meeting as well
[17:47:27] <bear> I would put that at the top of the list then
[17:47:31] <Nÿco> ok
[17:47:56] <Nÿco>
Next meeting:
2010-11-24 17:00 aka 5:00pm GMT/UTC

[17:48:00] <jack> did someone contact htem?
[17:48:09] <jack> the call for devrooms closed October 16th :(
[17:48:12] <Will> jack: we have a devroom
[17:48:13] <Nÿco> Please, update your agendas
[17:48:19] <Kev> Ralph has arranged a room for the Saturday, I believe.
[17:48:20] <jack> will: ok good :)
[17:48:44] <jack> ok, see everyone in 2 weeks :)
[17:49:03] *bear waves
[17:49:08] *** jack has left the room
[17:49:08] <Will> bye bye
[17:49:21] <Nÿco> bye
[17:49:23] <Nÿco> thx to all
[17:49:26] <Will> bear: do i have permission to leave now? ;-)
[17:49:38] *bear bangs the gavel
[17:49:42] <bear> ok, meeting over
[17:49:47] <Will> thanks
[17:49:55] <bear> :)
[17:50:11] <bear> who normally sends out meeting summary?
[17:50:23] <Nÿco> the one who asks...
[17:50:27] <bear> doh!
[17:50:27] <Nÿco> :-p
[17:50:39] <Nÿco> welcome to the board bear! ;-)
[17:50:43] <bear> ok, i'll work up a brief summary and post it to the members list
[17:50:44] <Will> rofl
[17:50:46] <bear> thanks!
[17:51:02] *** Will has left the room
[17:51:15] <Nÿco> maybe no need for a summary, http://typewith.me/y1i9CHJHLH may be enough
[17:51:17] <Nÿco> with the log
[17:51:40] <bear> that should go to the wiki IMO with a link to the log
[17:52:09] <bear> but yes, my summary was going to be a shortened version of the typewith.me doc
[17:52:18] <Nÿco> why not... you want to archive everything? if we send to lists, it is archived, no?
[17:52:47] <bear> yes
[17:53:21] <Nÿco> mmm... yes to what?
[17:53:25] <bear> in the absence of past experience i was just going with what i've done - but sure, I will do that
[17:53:36] <bear> yes to your question
[17:53:43] <Nÿco> which one?
[17:53:44] <bear> do you have a link to the log
[17:53:58] <Nÿco> ah let me check
[17:54:08] <bear> yes I feel everything shoud b archived - which would be handled by a log link
[17:54:18] <bear> and the mailing list would serve as notice
[17:54:38] <Kev> For what it's worth, I think sending semi-formal minutes is worthwhile. I think a copy of the typewith.me document very nearly covers that, if not completely.
[17:55:16] <bear> ok
[17:58:51] <Nÿco> like this
[17:58:52] <Nÿco> http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/xsf/100907/

[17:59:42] <Nÿco> http://xmpp.org:5290/muc_log/muc.xmpp.org/xsf/101110/
[17:59:55] <bear> cool
[18:03:04] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "mange"
[18:03:04] <Kev> Thanks bear.
[18:04:46] <bear> glad to help
[18:05:06] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[18:12:35] *** Tobias has left the room
[18:19:11] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[18:47:14] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[18:49:24] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[18:55:09] *** Florian shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[19:01:19] *** Tobias has joined the room
[19:12:18] *** Florian shows as "online"
[19:36:20] *** bear shows as "away"
[19:37:12] *** Florian shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[19:39:02] *** Florian shows as "online"
[19:44:43] *** bear shows as "online"
[19:52:19] *** Florian has left the room
[19:54:11] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[19:54:19] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[19:55:06] *** bear shows as "away"
[19:57:46] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[20:02:43] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[20:06:05] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[20:22:26] *** Nÿco has left the room
[20:32:07] *** Kev shows as "away"
[20:42:26] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[20:44:11] *** bear shows as "online"
[20:48:03] *** Kev shows as "online"
[20:55:53] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:09:34] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:10:45] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[21:33:13] *** Kooda shows as "dnd"
[21:34:29] *** Tobias has left the room
[21:34:42] *** Tobias has joined the room
[21:34:48] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[21:38:21] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:38:25] <Nÿco> ok, the Mediawiki definitely needs an upgrade
[21:38:39] <Nÿco> Neustradamus? do you wish to upgrade it?
[21:40:31] <Kev> I will do this after the interop event.
[21:40:42] <Kev> It's a big upgrade and I don't want to do it while we need the wiki for arranging stuffs.
[21:41:16] <Nÿco> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Special:Version
Product MediaWiki
Version 1.13.2

http://www.mediawiki.org/
[21:41:17] <Nÿco> Current version

[21:41:21] <Nÿco> 1.16.0 – 2010-07-28

[21:41:31] <Nÿco> ah
[21:41:34] <Nÿco> why not
[21:41:44] <Nÿco> do you need help?
[21:42:20] <Kev> No, I can do it - but my experience with upgrading mediawiki is that it tends to be painful.
[21:42:36] <Kev> I guess we've enough time to fix it if it does go wrong and have it back for the interop.
[21:42:39] <Kev> Ok, I'll have a look at it.
[21:42:43] <Kev> But not tonight.
[21:42:46] *Kev adds to todo.
[21:42:59] <Neustradamus> Kev: ok
[21:43:33] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:44:04] <Nÿco> yes, painful is quite close to what I experienced also
[21:44:31] <Neustradamus> after the update, you must add (a new time) the XMPP URIs -> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_URIs#MediaWiki
[21:44:58] <Kev> Let's get to the upgrade first.
[21:45:37] <Nÿco> yes, it's quite lower priority
[21:45:54] <Neustradamus> yes yes
[21:46:03] <Nÿco> though it would be nice to have XMPP URIs at the XSF ;-)
[21:46:43] <Neustradamus> sure
[21:49:31] <Kev> Nÿco: I wonder if this is something it's worth the XSF pursuing.
[21:49:50] <Kev> A relatively low proportion of clients will deal with system-click xmpp: URIs.
[21:51:58] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:52:47] <Nÿco> nevermind, if we don't have it, then who?
[21:53:48] <Kev> Sorry, I realise you can read what I said either way.
[21:53:49] <Kev> I mean:
[21:54:00] <Kev> Maybe it's worth the XSF pursing this and persuading clients to implement xmpp: handlers.
[21:54:54] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:55:52] <Neustradamus> Kev: yes
[21:56:32] <Nÿco> ah yes, indeed I read the other way round ;-) (which was surprising from you ;-) )
[22:13:50] *** davidczech has left the room
[22:14:28] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[22:20:17] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[22:25:36] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[22:26:04] *** Tobias has left the room
[22:36:37] *** Ludovic has left the room
[22:40:41] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is " (Absent(e) car inactif depuis plus de 5 min)"
[22:42:09] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[22:42:10] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[22:42:43] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[22:49:07] *** Nÿco has left the room
[23:24:05] *** Kev shows as "away"
[23:25:26] *** Kev shows as "online"
[23:34:55] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "dod"
[23:34:55] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "dodo"
[23:35:32] *** Kev shows as "away"
[23:41:49] *** stpeter has joined the room
[23:47:22] *** stpeter has left the room