Wednesday, January 19, 2011
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
January
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
           
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[01:37:12] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[01:37:25] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[06:24:12] *** petermount has joined the room
[06:24:12] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[06:25:51] *** petermount has left the room
[06:48:50] *** Kev shows as "online"
[07:07:49] *** Kev shows as "away"
[07:28:09] *** Kev shows as "online"
[07:44:18] *** Tobias has joined the room
[07:57:02] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[08:02:42] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:05:43] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:10:42] *** Kev shows as "away"
[08:12:46] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[08:15:45] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[08:26:48] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:29:23] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:37:15] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[08:39:31] *** Kev shows as "away"
[08:48:54] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:52:06] *** Tobias has left the room
[08:54:40] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:55:04] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[09:00:42] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:05:44] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:08:42] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[09:22:11] *** Nÿco has joined the room
[09:23:25] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:39:57] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[09:49:53] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:54:24] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[10:08:52] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[10:19:22] *** petermount has joined the room
[10:19:22] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:19:22] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:20:40] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:25:40] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:30:40] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:35:41] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:40:42] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:45:43] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:50:44] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:55:44] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[10:57:03] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[11:00:04] *** Tobias has left the room
[11:00:45] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:05:45] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:10:42] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[11:10:45] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:15:46] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:16:17] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[11:20:47] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:25:47] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:25:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[11:26:29] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[11:26:42] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[11:30:47] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:35:47] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:36:55] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[11:40:49] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:45:49] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:48:43] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[11:50:49] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:54:50] *** Tobias has joined the room
[11:55:50] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[11:56:55] *** Nÿco shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[12:00:51] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:05:52] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:10:52] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:14:43] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:15:52] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:20:53] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:23:46] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[12:25:54] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:28:43] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[12:30:55] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:35:56] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:38:42] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:40:56] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:45:57] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:50:57] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[12:55:58] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:00:58] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:05:58] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:08:44] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:10:59] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:16:00] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:17:36] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:21:01] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:26:02] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:26:05] *** Tobias has left the room
[13:26:33] *** Tobias has joined the room
[13:31:03] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:34:20] <Nÿco> Board meeting in 3:30: http://typewith.me/iwX1hcKPyk
[13:34:54] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:36:03] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:41:04] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:46:05] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:51:05] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:52:52] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:55:17] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[13:55:18] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[13:56:06] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[13:57:26] *** Tobias has left the room
[14:01:07] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:02:42] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:02:44] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:06:08] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:11:08] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:16:09] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:20:44] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:21:09] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:26:10] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:31:11] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:32:08] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:36:10] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:36:11] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:41:12] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:43:00] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:46:13] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:47:30] *** Tobias has joined the room
[14:47:40] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[14:51:13] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[14:52:08] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:56:09] *** Nÿco shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[14:56:14] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:01:15] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:03:29] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[15:06:15] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:06:56] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[15:11:16] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:11:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[15:16:17] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:21:17] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:26:17] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:31:19] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:36:19] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:41:20] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:46:20] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:51:01] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:51:21] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[15:51:28] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[15:56:22] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:01:22] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:06:23] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:11:07] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[16:11:23] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:13:45] *** Tobias has left the room
[16:16:25] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:16:31] *** stpeter has joined the room
[16:17:40] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[16:18:42] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[16:21:25] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:26:26] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:31:27] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:36:27] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:41:28] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:46:29] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:51:30] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:55:18] <bear> board meeting in 10?
[16:55:23] <bear> (minutes)
[16:56:09] *** Florian has joined the room
[16:56:23] *** Kev shows as "online"
[16:56:31] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[16:57:03] *** jack has joined the room
[16:58:23] <stpeter> bear: yes
[16:58:30] <Florian> well ... 5 mins now :)
[16:58:35] <bear> are you doing the twitter thang?
[16:58:37] <stpeter> yeah
[16:58:43] <stpeter> I can
[16:59:03] <bear> I have one lined up - after my 4 post FAIL session last time I figured I would ask
[16:59:05] <bear> :)
[17:01:32] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:03:58] *** Will has joined the room
[17:03:59] <bear> waiting on Will and for Nÿco (tho I see he was active 3,5 hrs ago
[17:04:08] <Will> hi
[17:04:08] <stpeter> ok
[17:04:16] <Will> phone call, sorry
[17:04:17] <bear> just as I pressed enter - figures
[17:04:19] <Will> but here now
[17:04:29] *** tranquilityagain has joined the room
[17:04:30] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:04:59] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch has joined the room
[17:05:00] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch shows as "online"
[17:05:09] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch shows as "online"
[17:05:14] *** Florian shows as "dnd" and his status message is "Board Meeting"
[17:05:28] <stpeter> I'll be in another chat meeting here soon, but I can do more than one chat at the same time :)
[17:05:35] <bear> while the agenda seems short, we will probably consume the whole meeting talking FOSDEM
[17:05:41] <Will> yup
[17:05:45] <Florian> prolly :)
[17:05:48] <bear> then let's start - Nÿco can read scrollback
[17:05:54] <stpeter> yep
[17:06:02] *bear bangs the gavel to start the meeting
[17:06:07] <bear> any agenda bashing?
[17:06:17] <stpeter> where did you post the agenda? :)
[17:06:27] <Will> http://typewith.me/iwX1hcKPyk
[17:06:32] <stpeter> ah, naturally
[17:06:33] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:06:55] <bear> I so want to change that behaviour and post to the wiki the day *before* the meeting
[17:06:56] <Nÿco> hi
[17:07:04] *Nÿco sorry, was on the phone
[17:07:06] <stpeter> hi Nÿco
[17:07:46] <bear> ok, first item - FOSDEM
[17:07:52] <bear> florian - you here?
[17:07:55] <Florian> I am :)
[17:08:00] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[17:08:03] <Florian> so ... FOSDEM ...
[17:08:07] <bear> can you give a quick update
[17:08:10] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:08:23] <Florian> the summit's dev challenge: We have an N8 confirmed as prize
[17:08:26] <Florian> from Nokia
[17:08:36] <Nÿco> how many? ;-)
[17:08:41] <Florian> just one prize
[17:08:51] <Nÿco> btw, has it got an XMPP client by default?
[17:08:55] <Florian> and demo devices are being gathered .. which seems harder this year
[17:09:03] <Florian> the N8 doesn't afaik
[17:09:07] <Florian> maybe the Ovi Chat one
[17:09:09] <Florian> not sure
[17:09:12] <Nÿco> ok
[17:09:14] <stpeter> shall we hold an in-person board meeting in Brussels? :)
[17:09:29] <Florian> +1
[17:09:29] <Nÿco> ah good idea
[17:09:37] <Florian> maybe on Friday?
[17:09:37] <bear> just let me know what time zone so I can skype/muc in
[17:09:38] <Will> +1
[17:09:49] <Florian> if everyone is around?
[17:09:57] *** Zash has joined the room
[17:10:01] <bear> I think i'm the only one not going
[17:10:06] <jack> i'm here
[17:10:09] <jack> but i'm not going :(
[17:10:10] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch shows as "online"
[17:10:13] <Will> I'll be there afternoon on Fiday. suggest we hold board meeting in the bar ;-)
[17:10:14] <jack> had to cancel those plans
[17:10:21] <Will> oh dear
[17:10:22] <Nÿco> btw, I am now sure I can't be there on Friday (customer meeting all day)
[17:10:44] <stpeter> Nÿco: customer meetings are no fun, but customers are good :)
[17:10:50] <Florian> :)
[17:11:14] *bear coughs and points politely to FOSDEM update agenda item
[17:11:21] <Florian> right ...
[17:11:25] <Florian> so .. Dev Challenge ...
[17:11:27] <Nÿco> jack: what do you mean "not going"?
[17:11:34] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:11:51] <Florian> I asked Nokia about the rules for the entries
[17:12:06] <jack> I will be in the US during all the FOSDEM nad XMPP Summit days.
[17:12:19] <Florian> nothing confirmed yet, but I was told that they'd like to see Qt apps (Nokia's SDK)
[17:12:43] <bear> ouch - Qt can be hard to setup a dev env for if your not used to it
[17:12:56] <Florian> well, it seems their SDK is quite nice by now
[17:12:59] <Nÿco> can we push the use of reusable libraries?
[17:13:03] <Nÿco> I mean XMPP libs
[17:13:11] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:13:13] <Kev> bear: It's pretty easy these days, Creator is nice enough (I don't use it, but anyway...)
[17:13:27] *bear mutters: on linux maybe ... ;)
[17:13:31] <stpeter> when does the dev challenge begin?
[17:13:31] <Nÿco> thus one could write an app with a Qt frontend, and port it
[17:13:32] <Florian> OSX now :)
[17:13:52] <stpeter> e.g., can developers start working now?
[17:13:56] <bear> k, it sounds like we need to announce this as soon as possible then
[17:14:00] <Florian> yes
[17:14:05] <Florian> that's the question
[17:14:10] <Nÿco> we need to set the rules first, no?
[17:14:12] <Florian> last year we kicked off the challenge on Friday
[17:14:26] <Florian> yeah, rules are good :)
[17:14:39] <Florian> but I was wondering, should we allow pre-FOSDEM work?
[17:14:41] <Nÿco> the kickoff date can happen one week before FOSDEM
[17:14:55] <Nÿco> do we announce the dev challenge on our blog?
[17:14:55] <Florian> right
[17:15:01] <Florian> we should
[17:15:07] <stpeter> Nÿco: yes, one week before is good
[17:15:12] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch shows as "online"
[17:15:12] <Nÿco> +1 for pre-FOSDEM work
[17:15:17] <Florian> +1
[17:15:20] <bear> I think we should allow for pre-fosdem work and progress must be in a public repo
[17:15:20] <stpeter> of course, people reading this chatroom could start today
[17:15:23] <Will> +1
[17:15:57] <bear> +1
[17:16:00] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:16:04] <jack> +1 from me
[17:16:09] <Florian> ok ... so I'll get Nokia to agree to some terms
[17:16:10] <jack> more sophisticated apps are always better
[17:16:14] <Florian> and then we can prepare the rules
[17:16:18] <bear> Florian - can you work up some rules text with nokia and email list?
[17:16:29] <Florian> bear: yup, will do.
[17:16:35] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:16:37] *** Tobias has left the room
[17:16:42] <bear> k, then we can post to summit and jdev list whent hat is ready
[17:16:45] <Nÿco> so what should we target? Jingle stuff? PubSub plumber?
[17:17:02] <Florian> I'd say anything XMPP
[17:17:06] <Florian> on mobile
[17:17:12] <Nÿco> so mobile
[17:17:23] <Nÿco> restrict to it?
[17:17:39] <Florian> I think that will be a requirement by Nokia, but I can try to negotiate that
[17:17:48] <Florian> but it was a requirement last year
[17:17:50] <bear> I'm not seeing a reason not to
[17:18:00] <bear> easer to do with Qt I would suspect
[17:18:05] <Nÿco> for me it's ok, from restrictions come great inventions ;-)
[17:18:10] <stpeter> :)
[17:18:12] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:18:15] <Florian> I think Mobile is cool
[17:18:19] <Nÿco> ok
[17:18:21] <Florian> and we'll have some devices
[17:18:27] <Florian> and an N8 to give away
[17:18:34] <Kev> To clarify - you mean it must be for mobile -not it must *only* be for mobile, right?
[17:18:36] <Florian> and tbh... we ran Tigase on a mobile :p
[17:18:40] <stpeter> so we will post a blog entry about this on January 28?
[17:18:44] *** Sylvain Hellegouarch has left the room
[17:18:57] <bear> +1 to Jan28 post
[17:19:00] <Florian> +1
[17:19:03] <stpeter> ok
[17:19:04] *bear marks calendar
[17:19:18] <stpeter> so let's get this straightened out and work on the post next week
[17:19:26] <Florian> sounds good.
[17:19:38] <Florian> I'll get Nokia to agree to some terms then.
[17:19:46] <Florian> and write up rules
[17:19:50] <Florian> what about remote submissions?
[17:19:53] <Florian> same as last year?
[17:20:03] <Florian> presentation needs to be done locally
[17:20:06] <stpeter> right
[17:20:15] <stpeter> so if you can find someone to present it, start coding
[17:20:18] <Florian> right
[17:20:22] <Florian> sounds good.
[17:20:23] <stpeter> shouldn't be too hard to find someone who can present it
[17:20:28] <bear> yea, they need to negotiate a proxy and figure out themselves how to share an N8 ;)
[17:20:31] <stpeter> just split the N8 in half as the prize ;-)
[17:20:36] <Florian> :D
[17:20:43] <Kev> I'd suggest the requirement is immediate production of source under a sensible license.
[17:20:54] <Florian> Kev: eh?
[17:21:02] <Kev> Last year I wasn't entirely sure that the source for all entries ever got released.
[17:21:17] *stpeter nods
[17:21:20] <Florian> right
[17:21:28] <Florian> I think a public repo for that matter might be cool
[17:21:29] <bear> I was suggesting that it be done in a public repo
[17:21:36] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:21:42] <Kev> bear: Yes, I'm agreeing with your suggestion.
[17:21:53] <stpeter> does it need to be licensed under open-source terms?
[17:21:53] *bear stops multitasking
[17:21:59] <Florian> actually ...
[17:22:01] <Florian> maybe not
[17:22:07] <Kev> stpeter: We required that last year. I think it's sensible to do so again.
[17:22:10] <Florian> but we can require that it's released on the Ovi Store at some point
[17:22:27] <bear> +1 to open-source compatible license
[17:22:45] <Florian> -1
[17:22:46] *stpeter updates http://typewith.me/iwX1hcKPyk
[17:23:15] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:23:41] <Nÿco> as a standards org, we can authorize people to code proprietary (even if ithurts me to say so)
[17:23:55] <Florian> right
[17:23:57] <Nÿco> I would prefer opensource
[17:24:03] <Florian> I think OS is preferred
[17:24:06] <Florian> but not required
[17:24:09] <Nÿco> right
[17:24:16] <Florian> the thing is ... if people want to build a cool shareware app...
[17:24:17] <Kev> Nÿco: Yes, I'm not at all opposed to non-OSS code for XMPP. For the XSF competition, however, I don't see any sensible way of it not being OSS and still being reasonable.
[17:24:18] <Florian> good for them
[17:24:24] <jack> i think ti's fine to have OS be preferred not required, as long as source available is required
[17:24:49] <jack> you can ask nokiaif they have a preference for requiring submission be OS
[17:24:56] *bear concedes his aggressively open source stance
[17:25:04] <stpeter> I
[17:25:09] <jack> certainly at FOSDEM it is going to be a little awkward for people working on proprietary things :)
[17:25:15] <Florian> jack: last year, their stance was ... we don't care... we just want something that can show up on our devices at some point
[17:25:17] <Nÿco> Kev: we can require "open" code? means, code is readable, but authors grant only some rights to others
[17:25:19] <Florian> preferably through the Ovi Store
[17:25:24] <stpeter> I'd prefer open source, but I gave up that religion some time ago
[17:25:49] <stpeter> licensing is a bit of a rat hole
[17:25:49] <Kev> Nÿco: I guess I'm ok with requiring a source license to the XSF, at a pinch, just for logistic's sake.
[17:26:12] <stpeter> is commercial use OK and so on (MySQL-style licenses)
[17:26:24] <Florian> I think so, yes
[17:26:26] <stpeter> I'd prefer to avoid that whole debate if we can :)
[17:26:36] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:26:37] <Florian> not mention licence at all?
[17:26:39] <Nÿco> ok, it's getting too hard to sort that out, maybe we need after all OSI licenses
[17:27:22] <bear> sounds like we don't mention it at all but only require public repo and ovi store push
[17:27:23] <Nÿco> OSI approved licenses
[17:27:35] <Florian> bear: sounds good.
[17:28:00] <Nÿco> what if I do a non-Nokia/Qt (Meego/Symbian), but mobile app? (no Ovi Store)
[17:28:16] <Florian> I'll need to check with them
[17:28:17] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:28:22] <Nÿco> ok...
[17:28:35] <Nÿco> but this is our dev chanllenge, not Nokia's
[17:28:35] <bear> any other concerns about dev challenge before we move on to SWAG
[17:28:42] <Kev> Nÿco: That was outside the scope of the comp. last year - it had to run on a Nokia device. It doesn't seem an unreasonable requirement, given the sponsor.
[17:28:43] <Nÿco> we set the rules, they approve or not
[17:29:00] <Nÿco> ok Kev
[17:29:25] <Florian> Nÿco: if you know anyone at Apple or Blackberry to give us some prizes ... :D
[17:29:40] <Kev> I don't see a reason not to allow other mobile apps - if Nokia don't mind, but I don't see a reason to push them on it.
[17:29:41] <Florian> but yeah, I guess they won't move away from Nokia apps
[17:29:42] <Nÿco> Florian: nothing to answer... ;-)
[17:29:55] <Nÿco> ok then, resolved?
[17:29:59] <Florian> yup
[17:30:00] <Florian> SWAG :D
[17:30:15] <Nÿco> public repo + Ovi Store, but no specific licenses needed?
[17:30:34] <Florian> Nÿco: for now.
[17:30:44] <Florian> I'll pitch them that
[17:30:46] <Nÿco> ok
[17:31:34] <Will> swag then
[17:31:37] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:31:48] *** ag@ag-projects.com has joined the room
[17:31:54] <Will> do we do t-shirts this year given we've no stand to sell them from?
[17:32:09] <stpeter> seems problematic
[17:32:10] <Florian> I'd say yes, but just a few
[17:32:17] <Florian> for Summit participants
[17:32:18] <stpeter> unless we sell them from another booth
[17:32:28] <Will> the problem with a few is you have very small quantities of different sizes
[17:32:31] <stpeter> e.g., the SIP Communicator guys might let us sell some
[17:32:41] <Will> and i dont think selling from another booth is realistic,
[17:32:48] <Florian> Will: agree
[17:33:12] <stpeter> we could try to sell more of last year's design :P
[17:33:14] <Will> we could do some stickers and stuff to hand out to talk attendees
[17:33:19] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:33:26] <Florian> stpeter: we can do that :)
[17:33:37] <Florian> so maybe keep last years shirts
[17:34:12] <Florian> and just get stickers
[17:34:25] <Will> i'll look into stickers and other stuff (it's very cheap)
[17:34:33] <Florian> :)
[17:34:45] <Florian> I need a new laptop ... running out of sticker space :)
[17:35:13] <Will> also, are we recording the talks?
[17:35:20] <Will> video?
[17:35:28] <Florian> if someone has a camera, we can
[17:35:43] <Florian> hmm ... maybe the Nokia guys can bring an extra N8 :)
[17:35:45] <Nÿco> still the same issue with editing
[17:35:47] <Will> was looking at hiring camera plus radio mic for the weekend, not expensive
[17:36:02] <Florian> I think it's worth recording them
[17:36:10] <Florian> we can later always decide to just use the audio
[17:36:14] <Will> ok
[17:36:16] <bear> recording +1
[17:36:22] <Florian> but let's get a video camera anyway
[17:36:28] <Will> +1, i'll report back on costs
[17:36:31] <Will> to the list
[17:36:34] <Florian> great
[17:36:38] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:36:51] <stpeter> thanks, Will
[17:37:35] <bear> hotel package - is that done and advertised?
[17:37:39] <Florian> yup
[17:37:44] <bear> cool
[17:37:44] <Florian> 4 rooms left
[17:38:15] <bear> and dinner plans?
[17:38:16] *** Zash shows as "away"
[17:38:19] <stpeter> I got booked into another hotel
[17:38:20] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:38:25] <stpeter> before we decided on one
[17:38:33] <stpeter> so I guess it would be the Best Western :)
[17:38:37] <stpeter> guessed
[17:38:41] <stpeter> FWIW :)
[17:38:45] <Florian> :)
[17:38:55] <Florian> dinner: sorted
[17:39:03] <bear> k
[17:39:07] <Florian> we just need to sort the transport
[17:39:21] <stpeter> ah
[17:39:22] <stpeter> yeah
[17:39:27] <stpeter> I need to call the transport company
[17:39:35] <stpeter> will do that first thing tomorrow morning
[17:39:46] <stpeter> Florian: do you know if I can just fax them the info?
[17:39:47] <Florian> cool
[17:39:50] <Will> got a phone call in 5 mins, might have to leave soon
[17:39:53] <Will> fyi
[17:39:54] <Florian> stpeter: not sure
[17:40:08] <stpeter> Florian: could you please check?
[17:40:11] <Florian> will do
[17:40:15] <stpeter> thanks
[17:40:16] <bear> unless someone wants to bike shed more - I think we are done after this item
[17:40:26] <stpeter> probably
[17:40:33] <Florian> nothing more on my end
[17:40:35] <stpeter> as you saw, I got a room for 50 people
[17:40:39] <stpeter> for Fri and Mon
[17:40:44] <Florian> Monday is full
[17:40:49] <stpeter> yep
[17:40:53] <Florian> a few places left on Friday
[17:40:57] <Florian> and some at the dinner
[17:40:58] <stpeter> I hope we can squeeze a few more people in if needed
[17:41:11] <Florian> yeah
[17:41:22] <bear> florian - can you email me those stats - I want to work up a summit status blog post
[17:41:31] <Florian> all on the summit page :)
[17:41:31] <stpeter> bear: they are on the page
[17:41:37] <bear> I think the fact that we are full capacity so soon is news worthy
[17:41:39] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:41:47] <Florian> :)
[17:41:48] <bear> oh right!
[17:41:48] <stpeter> http://xmpp.org/participate/the-xmpp-summit/xmpp-summit-10/
[17:42:22] *** Zash shows as "online"
[17:42:24] <bear> ok, we are 2 minutes away from when my "meetings suck, rant rant rant" persona starts to appear
[17:42:29] <bear> anything else to discuss?
[17:42:31] <stpeter> I think we're done
[17:42:37] <Florian> yup
[17:42:42] <bear> +1 to close
[17:42:45] <stpeter> I might have some finance updates before long
[17:42:49] <Florian> ah
[17:42:53] <Florian> one quick thing
[17:42:57] <Florian> invoices for sponsors
[17:43:03] <Florian> dinner sponsors ...
[17:43:05] <stpeter> we've got more money coming in with Voxeo, GSOC funds, etc.
[17:43:07] <stpeter> ah yes
[17:43:15] <stpeter> I sent invoices to Collabora but not the others
[17:43:22] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:43:22] <bear> drat - I need to send you a check
[17:43:22] <Florian> right ... Isode would need one
[17:43:23] *stpeter puts it on his calendar for tomorrow
[17:43:33] <Florian> great :)
[17:43:36] <Florian> then that's it
[17:43:36] *** pkempgen has joined the room
[17:43:47] <bear> who is the person with the xmpp sponsor - the new one?
[17:43:48] *** pkempgen has left the room
[17:44:05] <stpeter> ?
[17:44:15] *bear bangs the gavel to close the meeting
[17:44:21] *** pkempgen has joined the room
[17:44:25] <bear> this is not a meeting item - just a question
[17:44:34] <stpeter> I didn't parse the question
[17:44:35] <bear> Voxeo or something - didn't we get them as a new sponsor
[17:44:39] <stpeter> yes
[17:44:44] <stpeter> we need to create a page about them
[17:44:50] <Florian> yup
[17:44:53] <bear> so wondering who has contact info to reach out for their blurb page
[17:44:54] <stpeter> and, I think, we need to remove out of date sponsors from the website
[17:45:03] <Florian> I can chase them for some text
[17:45:05] <stpeter> but we can discuss that on the list
[17:45:09] <bear> yea, I sent email earlier but got crickets back
[17:45:25] <bear> ok, thanks all for attending
[17:45:47] <Nÿco> thx all
[17:45:49] <Will> bye
[17:45:51] *** Zash shows as "away"
[17:45:57] <Florian> bye
[17:46:30] *** Will has left the room
[17:46:37] *** jack has left the room
[17:46:40] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:46:47] *** Florian has left the room
[17:47:07] *stpeter sends an email to the board list about sponsors
[17:47:42] *bear prepares minutes for email
[17:48:07] <stpeter> thanks, bear!
[17:48:15] <Nÿco>
Next meeting:
2010-02-02, same place, same time
[17:48:23] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:48:35] <Nÿco> with TypeWithMe in the background ;-)
[17:48:38] <stpeter> :)
[17:48:55] *stpeter moves focus to his other chat but shall return
[17:49:47] *** Zash shows as "online"
[17:51:40] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:53:23] *** tranquilityagain shows as "online" and his status message is "I'm not here right now"
[17:56:08] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:56:42] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[17:57:40] *** tranquilityagain has left the room
[18:01:43] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[18:05:05] *** pkempgen has left the room
[18:05:09] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[18:06:44] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[18:11:45] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[18:12:01] *** Zash shows as "away"
[18:16:46] *** petermount shows as "dnd"
[18:17:56] *** petermount has left the room
[18:22:01] *** Zash shows as "online"
[18:26:03] *** Nÿco shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[18:26:16] *** Nÿco shows as "online"
[18:26:16] *** Zash has left the room
[18:29:43] *** ag@ag-projects.com has left the room
[18:56:02] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:57:39] *** Vanaryon has joined the room
[19:01:18] *** Vanaryon has left the room
[19:05:53] *** Nÿco has left the room
[19:30:49] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[19:31:17] *** Ludovic has left the room
[19:48:55] *** Kev shows as "away"
[20:24:47] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[20:47:43] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:08:08] *** Kev shows as "online"
[21:38:16] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:45:01] *** Kev shows as "away"
[21:45:26] *** Tobias has left the room
[21:46:41] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[22:10:43] *** Tobias has joined the room
[22:16:43] *** test@el-tramo.be has joined the room
[22:16:47] *** test@el-tramo.be has left the room
[22:18:42] *** Kev shows as "online"
[22:22:13] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[22:34:52] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[22:35:19] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[22:37:38] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "online"
[22:38:43] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[22:38:45] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[22:46:34] *** Kev shows as "away"
[22:58:35] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[22:58:37] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[23:05:03] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[23:05:04] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "SCRAM-SUM-PLUS"
[23:09:53] *** Tobias has left the room
[23:15:07] *** Tobias has left the room