Wednesday, April 13, 2011
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
April
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
        1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
 
             
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[06:12:49] *** Kev shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[06:21:25] *** Tobias has joined the room
[06:45:58] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[06:54:18] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[07:01:25] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[07:03:26] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:24:15] *** Tobias has left the room
[08:33:35] *** petermount has joined the room
[08:33:35] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:33:44] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:38:44] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:43:44] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:48:45] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:53:45] *** petermount shows as "online"
[08:54:14] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[08:58:46] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:02:50] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[09:03:47] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:08:48] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:13:49] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:18:49] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:23:50] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:27:52] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[09:28:51] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:33:52] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:38:53] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:43:53] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:48:54] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:53:54] *** petermount shows as "online"
[09:55:12] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:58:54] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:03:55] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:08:57] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:13:58] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:18:58] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:23:59] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:28:59] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:34:00] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:38:31] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[10:39:00] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:44:01] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:47:17] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[10:49:02] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:54:03] *** petermount shows as "online"
[10:59:04] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:04:05] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:04:36] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[11:09:06] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:14:06] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:19:07] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:24:08] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:29:09] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:34:10] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:39:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:42:59] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[11:44:13] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:44:54] *** Kev shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[11:49:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:50:54] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[11:54:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[11:59:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:04:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:09:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:14:05] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:19:05] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:24:07] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:26:11] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[12:29:07] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:34:07] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:39:08] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:39:25] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:39:35] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[12:44:08] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:47:56] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[12:49:10] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:54:10] *** petermount shows as "online"
[12:58:12] *** Tobias has left the room
[12:59:11] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:04:11] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:09:12] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:14:13] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:17:35] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[13:17:54] *** luca tagliaferri shows as "dnd" and his status message is "Luca - Rim 3-0"
[13:19:14] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:24:15] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:24:26] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:29:15] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:34:16] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:35:48] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:36:52] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[13:39:17] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:44:18] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:45:13] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[13:49:17] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:54:18] *** petermount shows as "online"
[13:59:19] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:04:20] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:09:21] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:14:22] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:19:23] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:21:09] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:24:23] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:29:22] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:30:29] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:34:23] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:39:23] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:44:24] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:46:00] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:47:24] *** Tobias has joined the room
[14:49:25] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:54:25] *** petermount shows as "online"
[14:55:19] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[14:58:47] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[14:59:25] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:03:55] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[15:04:26] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:09:26] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:10:06] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:14:27] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:19:28] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:24:28] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:29:30] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:30:06] *** Tobias shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[15:34:31] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:39:31] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:42:51] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[15:44:31] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:49:31] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:54:32] *** petermount shows as "online"
[15:59:33] *** petermount shows as "online"
[16:02:04] <bear> FYI board meeting in 1 hour (if my calendar is accurate)
[16:02:23] <Kev> Thanks.
[16:04:33] *** petermount shows as "online"
[16:05:12] *** bear shows as "online"
[16:09:35] *** petermount shows as "online"
[16:11:09] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[16:11:22] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[16:14:36] *** petermount shows as "online"
[16:19:37] *** petermount shows as "online"
[16:20:07] *** petermount has left the room
[16:37:39] *** luca tagliaferri has left the room
[16:41:59] *** stpeter has joined the room
[16:48:25] <bear> board meeting in 15 minutes
[16:48:33] <bear> meeting notes are here: http://typewith.me/mLIIGK2glS
[16:48:50] <bear> are you doing the twitter'ing stpeter?
[16:51:50] <stpeter> howdy
[16:51:54] <stpeter> I can, yes
[16:52:00] <bear> thanks
[16:52:10] <stpeter> I was busy writing an email message to the Board about possible discussion topics
[16:53:09] *bear is trying this new thing called "prepared"
[16:53:42] <stpeter> heh
[16:54:19] <stpeter> so I mentioned several possible topics:

1. GScC update
2. Summit #11
3. Removing "proposed" state from XEP-0001
4. Voxeo page for website
5. Public services list
6. Microblogging / blogging
7. Trademark sublicensing applications

[16:54:34] <stpeter> noodle on those, I'll be right back
[16:54:38] <bear> k
[16:57:18] *** Florian has joined the room
[16:57:32] <Florian> evening all
[16:57:38] <stpeter> hi Florian!
[16:59:22] <bear> hello
[17:00:10] <stpeter> Mr. Sheward and I can also give a report on the website -- I think we're finished with http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XSF_website_gap_analysis_notes and can think about what new pages to add, if desired
[17:00:27] *bear adds that to the top
[17:02:13] *** will.sheward has joined the room
[17:03:32] <will.sheward> Evening
[17:03:35] <stpeter> any sign of Jack or Nÿco?
[17:03:38] <Florian> evening Will :)
[17:03:40] <bear> just poked jack
[17:03:42] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "mange"
[17:03:46] <stpeter> ok
[17:03:53] <stpeter> yes, he's online
[17:03:58] <bear> don't see nyco online
[17:04:02] <will.sheward> Anyone know what's happened to collecta?
[17:04:04] <Florian> me n'either
[17:04:09] <stpeter> at least at his current address -- Jack seems to move around a lot :)
[17:04:28] <stpeter> will.sheward: presumably Jack can tell us
[17:04:35] <stpeter> I don't know the story
[17:04:39] <bear> jack is in SF all week doing contract work for Yammer
[17:04:46] <bear> so he will be missing this one
[17:04:54] <stpeter> ok
[17:04:58] <Florian> let's go?
[17:05:03] <will.sheward> May need to remove the collect widget from the home page
[17:05:14] <bear> time to start then
[17:05:15] <stpeter> some of my items will really be for discussion in 2 weeks, they are organizational right now
[17:05:24] <stpeter> s/discussion/decisions/
[17:05:46] <bear> meeting notes are here: http://typewith.me/mLIIGK2glS
[17:05:50] *** Florob has joined the room
[17:05:57] <stpeter> here is what I posted earlier:

0. Website update
1. GScC update
2. Summit #11
3. Removing "proposed" state from XEP-0001
4. Voxeo page for website
5. Public services list
6. Microblogging / blogging
7. Trademark sublicensing applications
[17:06:17] <stpeter> typewith.me is nice
[17:06:18] <stpeter> ok
[17:06:24] <Florian> looks good
[17:06:31] <will.sheward> We can combine 0 and 4 I think
[17:06:54] <stpeter> nod
[17:07:03] <stpeter> so GSoC first?
[17:07:08] <Florian> sure
[17:07:16] *stpeter defers to bear
[17:07:33] <bear> we received the 7 slots we asked for
[17:07:48] <Florian> great
[17:07:59] <bear> working with the python gsoc group to fit in some of their xmpp related projects
[17:08:08] <bear> we have 4 really solid students so far
[17:08:23] <bear> and kev is whipping into shape some of the others to see if they will make it in
[17:08:27] <stpeter> heh
[17:08:30] <will.sheward> Do we not have enough of our own?
[17:08:32] <bear> my hunch is that we will have 5 or 6 solids
[17:08:37] <stpeter> do we need to use all 7 slots?
[17:08:43] <stpeter> I'd prefer to have fewer solid students
[17:08:47] <bear> we have a lot of really iffy applications
[17:08:47] <stpeter> if needed
[17:08:49] <Kev> We asked for 7 because that's the number that the mentors asked for.
[17:08:50] *stpeter nods
[17:09:01] <stpeter> last year we had 3
[17:09:04] *bear defers to kev to fill in the details
[17:09:06] <stpeter> IIRC
[17:09:06] <will.sheward> Iffy I'm what way?
[17:09:09] <Kev> 4 the mentors said were outstanding, 3 more the mentors said were good and they wanted.
[17:09:11] <will.sheward> In
[17:09:20] <Kev> will.sheward: Nothing more than usual. Not all applications are good.
[17:09:26] <stpeter> will.sheward: yes you are iffy
[17:09:34] <Kev> stpeter: 3, we asked for another and got it.
[17:09:45] <bear> most were just from students who gave little to no thought on their app and then were not heard from again
[17:09:45] <stpeter> will.sheward: the scent of money attracts some flaky students
[17:09:56] <stpeter> hell, I was a flaky student myself once :)
[17:09:57] <Florian> hehe
[17:09:58] <will.sheward> Ok
[17:10:15] <Kev> This year the scheme was changed to ask for the number of outstanding (4) students and the number you'd like (7) in an ideal world.
[17:10:17] <Kev> We got all 7.
[17:10:18] <stpeter> so typically we need to weed out a lot of chaff
[17:10:38] <Kev> If a mentor changes their mind about wanting their student, we give the slot back and Carol hands it out to another org.
[17:10:44] <stpeter> yep
[17:10:46] <stpeter> that works fine
[17:11:08] *** Emil Ivov has joined the room
[17:11:13] <stpeter> hi Emil
[17:11:22] <stpeter> anything else related to gsoc?
[17:11:24] <Kev> We can't discuss what the applications were here, but Board are welcome to sign up to Melange and look at them there.
[17:11:25] <Kev> Yes.
[17:11:35] <Kev> We need to devote significantly more effort to it next year.
[17:11:42] <stpeter> hmm
[17:11:46] <stpeter> it's always a lot of work
[17:11:51] <Kev> Trust me, I know.
[17:11:54] <stpeter> is it becoming even more work? :)
[17:12:06] <Kev> Well, if we want to get more high quality students, we need to attract them somehow.
[17:12:08] *stpeter thinks about costs and benefits
[17:12:10] <bear> the mentor side is more work this year
[17:12:17] <Kev> bear: Based on what?
[17:12:19] <bear> the org admin side is minimal
[17:12:24] <Kev> Ahem.
[17:12:29] <stpeter> heh
[17:12:31] <will.sheward> Heh
[17:12:38] <bear> just seeing how busy you are chasing students and mentors
[17:12:44] <Kev> Yes, that's org admin work :)
[17:12:50] *bear hides
[17:12:52] <Florian> :p
[17:12:56] <Emil Ivov> hey Peter :)
[17:13:20] <Kev> Between mentor and org admin, my effort's been measured in hours/day for the last few weeks.
[17:13:21] <Kev> But anyway.
[17:13:41] <Kev> The reward of getting new contributors to the projects is, I think, significant and worthwhile.
[17:13:53] <stpeter> Kev: every year we say we need to plan more fully, and either we don't do the planning or we neglect to capture lessons learned from the previous year...
[17:13:59] <Kev> So we can not do any more recruiting than we normally do, and that's fine.
[17:14:07] <stpeter> so we need to get better at that
[17:14:18] <Kev> stpeter: Well, myself and people from KDE/Gentoo/X.org have been writing a series of lessons on the Google Open Source blog for that.
[17:14:23] <stpeter> and I'm part of the problem, so I'm volunteering to help
[17:14:30] <stpeter> Kev: excellent
[17:14:41] <Kev> http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/04/dos-and-donts-of-google-summer-of-code.html for exampel.
[17:15:03] <bear> i'm also part of the problem to be blunt - I have been giving minimal support and will fix that
[17:15:16] <Kev> Anyway. We've had an apathy from projects this year. Swift, Buddycloud and PySoy have each put in considerable work and have as a consequence got great proposals.
[17:15:34] <stpeter> right
[17:15:40] <stpeter> you get out what you put in
[17:15:41] <Kev> Others less so, and I'd really like us to have more active projects.
[17:15:48] <stpeter> yep
[17:15:50] <Florian> yeah
[17:15:53] <stpeter> but that's a bigger problem
[17:15:59] <Kev> And the OneSocialWeb incident was *not* good.
[17:16:21] <bear> I think we need to put into the calendar a couple months *before* the signup to start banging the drum about the next one
[17:16:34] <Kev> bear: Yes, that was what I was going to suggest.
[17:16:57] <bear> stpeter - can you add a "tickler" event to the calendar for next year?
[17:16:58] <stpeter> I was thinking just an hour ago or so that we don't have a lot of active projects, and that's a problem, but it's a bigger problem than GSoC
[17:17:03] <stpeter> bear: yes
[17:17:22] <Florian> stpeter: indeed ...
[17:17:28] <Kev> stpeter: True, although GSoC is a great opportunity for projects to become active.
[17:17:38] <bear> maybe we can use the gsoc project list as a bit of guilt for the others - start really talking them up
[17:17:55] <Florian> hey ... this might be something ...
[17:18:07] <Florian> why not let us organize something post GSoC?
[17:18:13] <Florian> i.e. the XMPP Winter of Code :p
[17:18:28] <Kev> When fringe groups (And I'm not using the term derogitavely) like BC and PySoy are getting better applications for XMPP than anyone other than Swift, it's a sad sad sign.
[17:18:35] *** Kooda shows as "online"
[17:19:29] <Kev> better is the wrong description.
[17:19:32] <Kev> More XSF-relevant.
[17:19:46] <bear> can we move this discussion to the list for followup
[17:19:52] <Florian> +1
[17:19:57] <Kev> Sure, I don't have much more :)
[17:20:01] <bear> k
[17:20:10] <will.sheward> Then we need to define what is relevant well before the event
[17:20:11] <stpeter> Kev: thanks for sharing :)
[17:20:34] <stpeter> bear: I put it on my calendar for October 10 so that we can raise this topic with the incoming Board at that time
[17:20:38] <bear> stpeter - can you add will's comment to the tickler
[17:20:39] <Kev> will.sheward: We do. We should generaly be more engaged further in advance.
[17:21:21] <stpeter> right
[17:21:22] <bear> ok, next - website update?
[17:21:24] <stpeter> ok
[17:21:35] <Florian> sure
[17:21:38] <stpeter> so Will and I finished http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XSF_website_gap_analysis_notes
[17:21:49] <stpeter> that took longer than expected, but most things do :)
[17:21:54] <will.sheward> Well, you mostly
[17:22:11] <stpeter> the last pages to be fixed were related to the public services
[17:22:27] <stpeter> now at http://xmpp.org/resources/public-services/
[17:22:36] <stpeter> we've had discussion on the operators@ list about that
[17:22:39] <stpeter> and some volunteers
[17:22:48] <stpeter> open question how to manage that going forward
[17:22:52] <stpeter> and whether we need more features
[17:22:56] <will.sheward> Volunteers,good
[17:23:03] <stpeter> but I think we at least have a path to updating it more often
[17:23:20] <stpeter> not sure how to sync the WP page with the .xml file that clients use
[17:23:44] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[17:23:47] <will.sheward> We/I still need to sort out the sponsor stuff..was planning to delete non sponsors tomorrow
[17:23:50] <stpeter> but we can work that out
[17:23:55] <stpeter> will.sheward: ok good
[17:24:02] *** ben has joined the room
[17:24:03] <stpeter> will.sheward: and we need a page for Voxeo
[17:24:10] <will.sheward> As the CEO is on holiday :-)
[17:24:16] *** Ludovic has left the room
[17:24:18] <stpeter> heh
[17:24:20] <will.sheward> Voxeo, check
[17:24:50] <stpeter> will.sheward: by "check" do you mean you'll come up with content?
[17:24:59] <stpeter> will.sheward: the sponsor pages are typically brief
[17:25:00] <will.sheward> Yes
[17:25:02] <stpeter> ok
[17:25:05] <stpeter> thank you
[17:25:09] <Florian> gret
[17:25:16] <will.sheward> Then I'll check with the sponsor for changes
[17:25:22] <stpeter> super
[17:25:35] <stpeter> anything else on the website?
[17:25:45] <stpeter> we talked about recruiting maintainers for various sections
[17:25:58] <will.sheward> Tunnels coming up, may lose you for a few minutes
[17:26:09] <stpeter> I updated the history page recently http://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/history/
[17:26:11] <stpeter> ok
[17:26:17] <stpeter> moving on to the Summit, then
[17:26:20] <Florian> ok
[17:26:29] <stpeter> OSCON is directly opposite the IETF meeting in Quebec City
[17:26:40] <stpeter> I am wondering about holding the Summit in QC
[17:26:51] <stpeter> e.g., Saturday and Sunday before IETF meeting
[17:26:52] <Florian> interesting
[17:26:54] <stpeter> QC is nice
[17:27:07] <Florian> would we get the audience we'd want for the Summit?
[17:27:09] <stpeter> and I could work with IETF to get the XMPP meeting on Monday
[17:27:10] <bear> that will be sad for those of us who normally go to oscon :(
[17:27:13] <stpeter> yeah
[17:27:16] <stpeter> not sure what to do
[17:27:25] <stpeter> or y'all can meet in Portland, but I can't join
[17:27:50] <stpeter> (nor can some others, I'd think, who are involved in IETF stuff -- Joe Hildebrand etc.)
[17:27:51] <bear> most of the core summit folk will be missing - it would be a "hey, this is xmpp" type event
[17:28:05] <stpeter> not that you need me to be there necessarily
[17:28:30] <stpeter> maybe a hackathon would be more productive in some ways anyway
[17:28:41] <stpeter> I'm still interested in that XMPP validator :)
[17:28:50] <Florian> :)
[17:29:03] <Florian> well ... if we do it before OSCON
[17:29:11] <stpeter> I think I can also raise money for the validator
[17:29:16] <Florian> Sat / Sun ... would people be willing to come to the Summit?
[17:29:17] <bear> I had wanted to continue the work we started last time, but the core folks will be missing
[17:29:18] <Florian> in QC
[17:29:46] <bear> we should mail the members and find out
[17:29:55] <stpeter> QC is a bit hard to get to, but easier for folks in Europe perhaps
[17:30:24] <will.sheward> Let's mail and see if anyone has strong views
[17:30:24] <stpeter> Florian: we could potentially do Friday and Saturday in QC
[17:30:25] <stpeter> ok
[17:31:00] <stpeter> next item, "Removing "proposed" state from XEP-0001" -- I think we can discuss that next time
[17:31:05] <stpeter> we had discussion on the members@ list
[17:31:15] <stpeter> I'd like to poll the Council about that at its next meeting
[17:31:21] <stpeter> then ask the Board to perhaps take action
[17:31:37] *stpeter considers Kev's 30-minute meeting rule :)
[17:31:45] <Florian> sounds good.
[17:31:45] <bear> +1
[17:31:49] <stpeter> "Public services list" we already discussed
[17:32:26] <stpeter> briefly about "Trademark sublicensing applications" -- I will put three applications in the tracker at http://tracker.xmpp.org/browse/TRADEMARKS?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:openissues-panel for discussion by the Board at its next meeting
[17:32:39] <Florian> ok
[17:32:49] <Florian> can someone give me an account on there?
[17:32:50] <stpeter> I have reached out to all the projects listed on our website that have "JABBER" in the name
[17:32:52] <will.sheward> Ok
[17:33:00] <stpeter> Florian: yes, will do in a minute
[17:33:08] <Florian> great, thanks
[17:33:32] <stpeter> Florian: in fact you have an account
[17:33:40] <stpeter> it's tied to your florianjensen.com address
[17:33:48] <Florian> ah, ok
[17:33:55] <stpeter> username florian
[17:33:56] <Florian> strange ... but will check :)
[17:33:59] <Florian> thx
[17:34:00] <stpeter> you can ask for a password reset
[17:34:24] <bear> blogging?
[17:34:38] *stpeter is slowly catching on myriad topics after RFC publication
[17:35:06] <stpeter> bear: in Brussels, Johann Prieur volunteered to post to the identi.ca / Twitter account
[17:35:35] <bear> will he be working from a set list of topics or doing it adhoc?
[17:35:39] <stpeter> do we want to just hand out credentials to those accounts, or set up a bot that people can post to?
[17:35:47] <stpeter> adhoc, I think
[17:35:54] <stpeter> so we need to think about how we want to do that
[17:36:23] <bear> a bot would allow for single source for credentials and be able to add/remove cleanly IMO
[17:36:29] <stpeter> e.g., do we want to have something of a communications plan / program for microblogging and blogging?
[17:36:30] <will.sheward> Adhoc +1
[17:36:33] <stpeter> bear: agreed
[17:36:37] <Florian> AdHoc +1
[17:36:48] <stpeter> I mean, we can always coach people on topics
[17:37:04] <bear> I would love to have items go to the list for possible preparation but adhoc for sure
[17:37:20] <will.sheward> Well never get a coms plan off the ground
[17:37:22] <bear> and the bot could also post to the list
[17:37:35] *** Reid Ellis has joined the room
[17:37:35] <Kev> We've got a whole comm *team*
[17:37:35] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[17:37:44] <Kev> And very active it is too.
[17:37:47] <stpeter> it's hard to plan for microblogging -- it's supposed to be a spontaneous kind of activity :)
[17:37:55] <Kev> I'd suggest not adding too many barriers to entry in light of this!
[17:38:00] <stpeter> Kev: indeed
[17:38:00] <bear> i'm more worried about having it seem like spam if 5 people all post in a day on the same topic
[17:38:01] <will.sheward> Trust the team to plan itself I think
[17:38:23] <bear> +1 for comm team assignment
[17:38:25] <Florian> +1
[17:38:27] <bear> let them tell us what they need
[17:38:41] <stpeter> WFM
[17:38:51] <stpeter> but the bot would help -- let's poke that iteam
[17:38:59] <bear> :)
[17:39:05] <stpeter> I think we had a similar bot at one point, didn't we?
[17:39:35] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[17:39:45] <stpeter> I'll poke Matthew Wild about that
[17:39:52] <stpeter> I think he had a similar bot
[17:39:54] <stpeter> ok
[17:39:57] <stpeter> so that's it from me
[17:39:58] <will.sheward> +1 for poking people other than me
[17:40:02] <stpeter> heh
[17:40:06] <Florian> nothing to add here
[17:40:11] <will.sheward> Or here
[17:40:14] <stpeter> we have some action items
[17:40:20] <stpeter> next meeting?
[17:40:25] <stpeter> is it in the calendar already?
[17:40:27] *stpeter checks
[17:41:13] <stpeter> 2 weeks from today I will be flying to New Jersey for a W3C workshop on web tracking and user privacy
[17:41:27] <Florian> next week?
[17:41:29] <stpeter> 3 weeks from today I will be flying back from the IESG retreat in Amsterdam
[17:41:35] <Florian> as Jack and Nyco were missing?
[17:41:42] <stpeter> that's fine with me
[17:41:44] <bear> next week works for me
[17:41:48] <Florian> +1
[17:41:52] <will.sheward> Ok
[17:41:59] *stpeter updates the calendar
[17:42:09] <Florian> great
[17:43:10] <stpeter> I'll check the typewith.me page here in a second so we can capture all the action items
[17:43:24] <will.sheward> We done? gavel banging tinne?
[17:43:27] <stpeter> yep
[17:43:29] <stpeter> seems so
[17:43:31] <will.sheward> Time
[17:43:54] <Florian> cools ... thanks everyone
[17:44:00] <bear> thanks
[17:44:08] <stpeter> yes, thanks
[17:44:17] <bear> any changes to the meeting notes?
[17:44:37] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[17:44:43] *** Emil Ivov has left the room
[17:44:50] <Florian> none from me
[17:45:39] <bear> who is mailing the list for the summit poll?
[17:45:40] <stpeter> bear: checking
[17:46:29] *** will.sheward has left the room
[17:46:55] <stpeter> minutes look good
[17:46:57] <stpeter> thanks for that
[17:47:32] <bear> np
[17:47:40] *bear sends to members list
[17:47:44] <stpeter> calendar updated
[17:49:17] <bear> i'll email the comm team about bot
[17:49:34] <bear> can someone who is familiar with the QC IETF meeting compose the poll question
[17:49:35] <stpeter> bear: ok thanks
[17:49:38] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[17:49:46] <stpeter> bear: I can send the poll, sure
[17:49:52] <bear> thanks
[17:54:38] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[17:59:39] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[18:03:24] <stpeter> message sent to members@
[18:03:33] <stpeter> I'll forward to summit@ too
[18:03:40] <bear> I emailed the comm team also
[18:03:55] <stpeter> I saw
[18:03:56] <stpeter> thanks
[18:04:25] *** Florob has left the room
[18:04:40] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[18:07:05] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[18:07:56] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[18:09:41] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[18:14:40] *** Reid Ellis shows as "online" and his status message is "working at Spatial View"
[18:15:36] *** Reid Ellis has left the room
[18:17:48] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[18:20:47] *** Kev shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[18:22:43] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[18:24:14] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[18:35:39] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[18:37:24] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[18:48:42] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is "offsite lunch meeting"
[18:57:15] *** Ludovic has left the room
[18:57:34] *** ben has left the room
[19:00:59] *** Ludovic has joined the room
[19:14:17] *** Ludovic has left the room
[19:20:42] *** Florian has left the room
[19:21:39] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[19:26:16] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:31:39] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[19:38:12] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[19:46:14] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:47:49] *** Kooda has joined the room
[19:49:52] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[20:04:49] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[20:05:54] *** luca tagliaferri has joined the room
[20:16:46] *** Kev shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[20:20:05] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[20:28:01] *** stpeter has left the room
[20:28:29] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[20:37:46] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[20:46:24] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[20:59:51] *** Tobias shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[21:03:46] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[21:04:24] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:21:30] *** MiGri shows as "away" and his status message is "I'm not at the computer but I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:22:43] *** MiGri shows as "online" and his status message is "This conversation may be monitored for quality assurance or security purposes. ;)"
[21:23:55] *** MiGri shows as "xa" and his status message is "Screen detached. I'll read the messages as soon as I'll be back."
[21:29:17] *** Kooda shows as "dnd"
[21:33:57] *** Kev shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[21:43:11] *** Kooda shows as "xa" and his status message is "détaché"
[21:45:15] *** ee has joined the room
[21:49:23] *** Tobias has left the room
[22:16:02] *** ee has left the room