Wednesday, January 08, 2014
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
January
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
    1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
   
             
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[00:00:45] *** dwd has left the room
[00:23:12] *** Zash has left the room
[00:42:22] *** Zash has joined the room
[00:42:22] *** Zash shows as "online"
[01:37:31] *** waqas has left the room
[01:37:33] *** waqas has joined the room
[04:56:12] *** MattJ shows as "away"
[05:36:20] *** waqas has left the room
[05:47:15] *** Alex has joined the room
[05:55:23] *** Alex shows as "online"
[05:55:23] *** Alex has left the room
[05:57:16] *** Alex shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[06:17:16] *** Alex shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[06:20:18] *** Alex shows as "online"
[06:37:50] *** bear has joined the room
[06:37:52] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[06:59:37] *** intosi has joined the room
[07:11:19] *** SouL has joined the room
[07:11:38] *** SouL has left the room
[07:11:53] *** SouL has joined the room
[07:12:24] *** SouL has left the room
[07:12:40] *** SouL has joined the room
[07:15:06] *** dwd has joined the room
[07:22:06] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[07:23:22] *** bear has left the room
[07:30:57] *** Alex shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[07:32:06] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[07:35:12] *** dwd shows as "online"
[07:41:30] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[07:48:06] *** dwd shows as "online"
[07:50:30] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[07:50:58] *** Alex shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[07:57:46] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[08:00:30] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:00:54] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:07:46] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[08:11:01] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[08:11:30] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:16:02] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[08:18:45] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[08:21:29] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:28:37] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:38:04] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[08:38:59] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:41:41] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[08:42:58] *** dwd shows as "online"
[08:48:10] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[08:48:24] *** Lloyd has joined the room
[08:48:34] *** Kev has joined the room
[08:48:35] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:49:00] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[08:54:12] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[08:58:10] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[08:59:08] *** Kev shows as "away"
[09:02:46] *** dwd shows as "online"
[09:05:18] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:05:20] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:08:32] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[09:11:36] *** Zash has joined the room
[09:11:37] *** Zash shows as "online"
[09:14:51] *** Kev shows as "away"
[09:15:06] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[09:16:26] *** dwd shows as "online"
[09:19:01] *** Kev has left the room
[09:21:40] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[09:22:30] *** Kev shows as "online"
[09:23:43] *** Alex shows as "online"
[09:31:40] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[09:32:05] *** emcho has left the room
[09:36:07] *** kevin. has joined the room
[09:36:07] *** kevin. shows as "dnd" and his status message is "Revolitionizing the whole world. #WorkHarder #DreamBigger"
[09:36:07] *** kevin. shows as "dnd" and his status message is "Revolitionizing the whole world. #WorkHarder #DreamBigger"
[09:36:08] *** kevin. shows as "dnd" and his status message is "Revolitionizing the whole world. #WorkHarder #DreamBigger"
[09:36:13] <kevin.> yay ! thats what happen when you open your email after a long time and suddenly reads this - [Members] XMPP Summit XV - Brussels
[09:39:03] <SouL> oh
[09:39:28] *** intosi has left the room
[09:40:16] <kevin.> SouL: oh you here too
[09:41:42] *** intosi has joined the room
[09:42:05] <SouL> Yes, hello kevin. =)
[09:42:14] <SouL> But I'm not a member x)
[09:44:36] *** dwd shows as "online"
[09:46:18] *** ralphm has left the room
[10:04:00] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[10:08:36] <Alex> SouL: we can change this ;-)
[10:13:59] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[10:17:39] *** Kev shows as "away"
[10:22:55] *** Lloyd shows as "online"
[10:24:42] *** Lloyd shows as "online"
[10:30:47] *** Kev shows as "online"
[10:30:47] *** Kev shows as "online"
[10:36:56] *** Kev has left the room
[10:37:37] *** Kev has left the room
[10:38:14] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[11:05:31] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[11:06:16] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[11:09:30] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[11:14:02] *** SouL has left the room
[11:25:01] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[11:29:07] *** SouL has joined the room
[11:30:45] *** SouL shows as "away" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[11:35:00] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[11:39:16] *** Zash shows as "away"
[11:42:07] *** Zash shows as "online"
[11:45:32] *** emcho has joined the room
[11:45:44] *** SouL has left the room
[11:47:12] *** SouL has joined the room
[11:52:32] *** Alex shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[11:56:00] *** intosi shows as "online"
[11:58:40] <SouL> Yeah.. :)
[12:07:04] *** emcho has left the room
[12:07:05] *** emcho has joined the room
[12:07:05] *** emcho has left the room
[12:10:41] *** kevin. has left the room
[12:12:31] *** Alex shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[12:13:07] *** kevin. has joined the room
[12:15:47] *** Lloyd shows as "online"
[12:24:10] *** emcho has joined the room
[12:29:29] *** SouL has left the room
[12:30:35] *** Lloyd shows as "online"
[12:33:22] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[12:41:38] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[12:47:13] *** Alex shows as "online"
[12:48:00] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[12:51:38] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[12:58:01] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[13:06:26] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[13:08:13] *** Alex shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[13:13:17] *** Alex shows as "online"
[13:24:17] <ralphm> Does anyone here have reasonable pictures of the area we've done the realtime lounge in last year?
[13:24:52] *** dwd shows as "online"
[13:25:24] <fippo> https://jitsi.org/wiki/pub/sip-communicator/screenshots/videobridge.png is a little small, eh?
[13:25:51] <ralphm> yeah, I'd like some overview pictures if possible
[13:26:02] <ralphm> to see how we can decorate the place
[13:26:54] <ralphm> E.g. I'd love to have some stuff on walls, but if I remember correctly, one wall is plastered and cannot be used to hang stuff on.
[13:27:14] <ralphm> The other walls are mostly brick with a rough texture.
[13:27:34] <ralphm> So we'd need some projectors at the very least.
[13:29:42] <intosi> We managed to damage the paint on one wall the first year we resided in the K building.
[13:29:55] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[13:30:08] <intosi> (with ducttape)
[13:30:43] <ralphm> shhht
[13:31:55] *** Kev has joined the room
[13:31:55] *** Kev shows as "online"
[13:32:26] *** dwd shows as "online"
[13:34:22] <intosi> Looks like I only have pictures of the important stuff (Aux Pavés, snow, hoodie)
[13:35:36] <ralphm> :-D
[13:53:53] <fippo> ralph: yana gave me https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151277769426645&type=1 and poked the guys who made those if they have more
[13:54:08] <fippo> maybe simon has some more
[13:55:20] <ralphm> ah, cool
[13:56:38] <ralphm> hmm, pesky fluorescent tubes will interfere with the Hue bulbs I want to bring.
[14:01:05] *ralphm adds stepladder to http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_Checklist
[14:05:41] <intosi> :D
[14:18:02] *** Kev shows as "away"
[14:22:41] *** Kev shows as "online"
[14:34:26] *** emcho has left the room
[14:34:26] *** emcho has joined the room
[14:42:09] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[14:45:05] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[14:54:14] <ralphm> Hmm, the Board and Council meetings are not in the XSF calendars?
[15:00:25] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:00:25] *** stpeter has left the room
[15:03:37] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[15:04:33] *** waqas has joined the room
[15:10:31] *** Kev shows as "away"
[15:11:35] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[15:13:37] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[15:14:11] *** dwd shows as "online"
[15:25:59] *** stpeter has joined the room
[15:40:09] *** Zash has left the room
[15:43:11] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[15:51:49] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[15:53:11] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[15:53:17] *** kevin. has left the room
[15:54:35] *** dwd shows as "online"
[16:00:40] *** Kev shows as "online"
[16:02:10] *** Lance has joined the room
[16:06:02] *** Zash has joined the room
[16:06:02] *** Zash shows as "online"
[16:06:16] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[16:07:35] <ralphm> Board meeting in roughly 25 min. (after Council)
[16:13:30] *** jabberjocke has joined the room
[16:13:30] *** jabberjocke shows as "online"
[16:15:15] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[16:31:08] *** Laura has joined the room
[16:31:43] <stpeter> time for the board meeting?
[16:32:46] <Kev> I believe so. Council is done and just making Tolkien jokes at the moment :)
[16:33:22] <ralphm> Go chair
[16:33:34] <ralphm> we're missing two people still
[16:34:15] <Kev> You do have quorum, though.
[16:34:34] <ralphm> indeed
[16:34:57] <Kev> Do you have an agenda? I would be inclined to start and let people catch up if they turn up.
[16:35:22] *dwd waves
[16:35:28] <dwd> I remembered to switch tabs.
[16:35:35] <Kev> Sounds exhausting.
[16:36:02] <ralphm>
[16:36:11] <Kev> Oh, very droll.
[16:36:23] <dwd> So, who's chairing?
[16:37:03] <ralphm> I'm ok with that.
[16:37:13] <Kev> I'm happy to stand in, if that gets it done.
[16:37:13] *ralphm bang gavel
[16:37:14] <dwd> By coincidence, I happen to have a new chair (on loan, actually). It's very adjustable.
[16:37:45] <ralphm> Ok, people. Agenda items?
[16:37:49] <ralphm> I have FOSDEM
[16:37:52] <Kev> GSoC
[16:38:00] <dwd> FOSDEM, XEP Editor.
[16:38:06] <dwd> Summit.
[16:38:34] <ralphm> Do we need to discuss liasons any further?
[16:38:55] <Kev> Not at the moment, it's waiting on a charter, I think.
[16:38:59] <ralphm> Laura: do you have any items?
[16:39:09] <dwd> We need to figure out the charter, and I had comments relating to copyright issues on that.
[16:39:24] <Laura> Only a quick update on the XMPP website
[16:39:27] <ralphm> dwd: so next meeting on that?
[16:39:34] <ralphm> Laura: awesome.
[16:39:37] <dwd> ralphm, Good for me.
[16:40:01] <ralphm> With 0. Welcome+Agenda out of the way,
[16:40:05] <ralphm> 1) Website
[16:40:11] <ralphm> Laura: go
[16:40:24] <Laura> Right, I am working on this with Simon.
[16:40:30] <dwd> ralphm, I'll take minutes if you like?
[16:40:31] <Laura> We paused over Xmas but it is full steam ahead now
[16:40:36] <ralphm> dwd: splendid
[16:40:52] <Laura> The latest is we have started mapping the aueince, what we need from the site etc
[16:40:55] <Laura> Copy comes next
[16:41:04] <Laura> We hope to share with you in a few weeks
[16:41:09] <Laura> Share the progress and plans
[16:41:14] <Laura> (only brief update)
[16:41:28] <ralphm> Laura: a weeks = Summit?
[16:41:40] <Laura> Oooh yes!
[16:41:42] <Laura> Great idea
[16:41:47] <Laura> Love a deadline
[16:42:03] <ralphm> That's settled then :-D
[16:42:22] <ralphm> Laura: that's it?
[16:42:51] <stpeter> Laura: thanks to you and Simon for working on this!
[16:42:52] <dwd> Laura, Is there a site we can look at at all yet?
[16:42:53] <Laura> For now, yes
[16:42:58] <Laura> Not yet sorry
[16:43:05] <Laura> I am a planner first, do-er second
[16:43:20] <ralphm> good
[16:43:27] <ralphm> Moving on then.
[16:43:31] <dwd> No problem. I appreciate that having a coherent plan would be good.
[16:43:42] <ralphm> 2) XEP Editor Team
[16:44:12] <stpeter> ralphm: it seems that folks like this idea, so IMHO the next step is to propose a charter
[16:44:13] <ralphm> stpeter mentioned in the Council meeting that he's going to work on a charter?
[16:44:17] <stpeter> heh
[16:44:18] <stpeter> yes
[16:44:38] <stpeter> haven't gotten to that yet, but I can probably do so by the end of this week
[16:45:33] <ralphm> although not strictly required, how are we on making pull requests and such easier?
[16:45:50] <ralphm> I wanted to ask bear obviously.
[16:46:22] <stpeter> I know that bear was working on the github.com mirror, although we could also make it easier for core contributors to make pull requests directly on the repo at xmpp.org
[16:46:22] <Kev> ralphm: I think the Editor team reduces the need for this, actually. As the team can all have access to the existing repo, and the barrier to entry is lowered.
[16:46:28] <Kev> Not that this means we shouldn't change the model.
[16:46:31] <stpeter> we have added several XEP authors of late
[16:46:35] <stpeter> and could add more
[16:47:03] <dwd> My impression is that the members are in favour of the work team, by the way - I assume that the Board agrees in principle that we should go ahead?
[16:47:17] <ralphm> I am
[16:47:17] <dwd> (That is, subject to a charter etc)
[16:47:24] <dwd> I am also.
[16:47:34] <Kev> As non-Board-but-Council, I am.
[16:47:53] <dwd> Laura?
[16:48:49] <ralphm> I'm not sure about our voting process. Do we (like council) vote on-list in absence?
[16:48:56] <Laura> I am
[16:49:15] <dwd> ralphm, It's not mentioned, IIRC.
[16:49:16] <Kev> ralphm: I /think/ (from memory) that Board moves by majority, but I'm not sure.
[16:49:48] <dwd> Kev, Yes, we certainly carry on simple majority. QUestion is whether we have to vote in a meeting.
[16:49:49] <Laura> I;m not sure either
[16:50:00] <ralphm> Right. Might still be useful to have remaining opinions to be known, if so desired.
[16:50:04] *stpeter nods
[16:50:17] <dwd> But we can vote to push on, certainly.
[16:50:19] <Kev> dwd: I think you get to choose your own definition of what a meeting is :)
[16:50:26] <ralphm> So I motion we let the minutes request remaining votes.
[16:50:29] <dwd> Kev, This is also true.
[16:50:33] <ralphm> Kev: that's my understanding
[16:51:13] <dwd> ralphm, I disagree - we can vote again given a charter, but it'd be nice to give a clear signal that we're in favour subject to the details.
[16:51:25] <dwd> That is, we're in favour of Peter working on a charter, etc.
[16:51:44] <Kev> dwd: I think that's already been given, and the minutes will presumably show it :)
[16:51:45] <stpeter> I saw no indications to the contrary, so IMHO it's full speed ahead :-)
[16:51:56] <ralphm> right
[16:51:59] <ralphm> doing so
[16:52:01] <dwd> Kev, Yeah, because I'm writing them.
[16:52:02] <ralphm> 3) GSoC
[16:52:20] <Kev> Does anyone know how Bear's getting along with gathering project ideas from people?
[16:52:27] <Laura> I don't
[16:52:32] <ralphm> nope
[16:52:45] <Kev> He's not approached Swift yet, and I didn't realise we only had a couple of weeks until application until Joachim asked on-list.
[16:53:01] <Kev> We're already running really quite late.
[16:53:01] <ralphm> What's the deadline again?
[16:53:07] <dwd> 2/2/2014
[16:53:11] <dwd> IIRC
[16:53:15] <Kev> 2nd Feb for everything to be ready and submitted, Joachim said. I've not verified.
[16:53:31] <ralphm> so for us that means "before the summit"
[16:53:51] <Kev> Long before the summit. We should really have ideas mostly there by now, and getting polished.
[16:53:53] <dwd> Or at, I suppose. Discussing GSoC at the summit was mentioned.
[16:54:13] <ralphm> dwd: that seems awefully late
[16:54:36] <dwd> Yes, it is. We'd have to literally do it at the summit.
[16:54:44] <ralphm> I'm also wondering what's there to discuss at that point
[16:55:01] <MattJ> and summits always reach such consensus about everything they discuss :)
[16:55:19] <Kev> ralphm: Not a voting item, but I was hoping for an update of progress.
[16:55:26] <ralphm> Kev: right
[16:55:27] *** bear has joined the room
[16:55:28] <Kev> We do have a couple of ideas up at http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summer_of_Code_2014
[16:55:28] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[16:55:28] <ralphm> notes
[16:55:37] <ralphm> bear drops in
[16:55:45] <dwd> Who's actually been tasked with GSoC work this time around?
[16:55:46] <Kev> But I don't think projects have been chased yet, and this needs to be done imminently.
[16:55:52] <Kev> dwd: Bear appointed himself :)
[16:56:23] <bear> if projects line up with mentors, yes I will do all the admin stuff
[16:56:43] <Kev> bear: The admin stuff includes getting projects and mentors sorted!
[16:57:04] <bear> then I shall get busy
[16:57:31] <ralphm> Kev, bear: can you guys exchange experience OOB?
[16:57:51] <Kev> I don't have anything else for in-meeting.
[16:58:05] <ralphm> Right. Thanks for the agenda item.
[16:58:17] <ralphm> 4) XMPP Summit
[16:58:47] <ralphm> So, dwd and I basically decided definitively that we are having it on 30/31 Jan
[16:59:00] <ralphm> Things to be sorted out:
[16:59:01] <stpeter> +1
[16:59:02] <Laura> Thanks goodness.
[16:59:04] <Kev> (And my train is booked, so thanks)
[16:59:08] <ralphm> a) venue
[16:59:11] <ralphm> b) hotel
[16:59:11] <dwd> To be fair, this had been decided some time ago - we merely announced it.
[16:59:25] <ralphm> dwd: well, there was uncertainty that we cleared
[16:59:30] <Laura> I need to add the Surevine people names to the hotel list (just has them confirmed)
[17:00:00] <ralphm> Regarding a). stpeter, can you tell me if we can hold it in Diegem, or should I ask Jérome and/or hildjj on this?
[17:00:15] <stpeter> we can have the meeting at the Cisco office in Diegem, or at least I am 99% sure, I need to verify room availability with the folks there but I imagine it should be fine
[17:00:30] <ralphm> ok, that's great
[17:00:40] <stpeter> hildjj will be there for sure
[17:00:58] <ralphm> how has catering and such been arranged for before?
[17:01:03] <dwd> I see we're getting Will - we'll have to arrange an escelator.
[17:01:40] <stpeter> ralphm: I've done that directly with the catering folks there, it's a subcontractor to Cisco whose name I don't remember
[17:01:41] <ralphm> (For reference: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_15)
[17:02:04] <ralphm> stpeter: let's discuss OOB how to arrange that for this year
[17:02:04] <stpeter> one year we also ordered out for some pizza to keep the developers happy ;-)
[17:02:21] <dwd> Pizza is good.
[17:02:24] <ralphm> agreed
[17:02:30] <Laura> Agreed
[17:02:36] <Laura> Not just for developers
[17:02:39] <ralphm> heh
[17:02:49] <ralphm> ok.
[17:02:53] <ralphm> b) hotel
[17:02:55] <stpeter> the catering people like to be paid cash (or require that) so in some years past I've needed to stop by on the way to the airport after accumulating enough euros over the weekend ;-)
[17:02:57] <dwd> We have discussed with Florian about his bargaining the hotels; I suspect he's somewhat busy, though.
[17:03:14] <ralphm> b)
[17:04:02] <dwd> Florian has agreed to do it; we could also call Aloft and ask them for a price. (By "we" I'm thinking Ralph, given they're Dutch-speakers)
[17:04:08] *** Lloyd has left the room
[17:04:20] <ralphm> I'll ping him as soon as I see him online. Otherwise we'll have to take it back.
[17:04:26] <ralphm> dwd: right, I thought so
[17:04:57] <dwd> We could also use intosi's natural charm.
[17:05:03] <ralphm> having the people needing a room is good
[17:05:10] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[17:05:37] <ralphm> did we assume double occupancy last year?
[17:05:50] <dwd> There's quite a few people asking for a hotel room, so we've got some bargaining power.
[17:05:59] <dwd> I don't think we assumed it - we got prices for both.
[17:06:18] <Kev> ralphm: I imagine people who aren't self-sponsored will be mostly single occupancy.
[17:06:23] <ralphm> sure, but it matters for getting a block, or doesn't it?
[17:06:50] <dwd> We could find out about room shares, if you like. Assume single occupancy first, though.
[17:06:59] <ralphm> indeed
[17:07:00] <Kev> Or would note on the wiki page, as everyone with an H presumably is asking for a room of their own.
[17:07:01] <Laura> Single occupancy = thumbs up
[17:07:10] <ralphm> I've looked for prices at booking.com
[17:07:14] <ralphm> they are sharp
[17:07:32] <Kev> How bad?
[17:07:54] <ralphm> I mean they have good prices
[17:07:58] <Kev> Ah.
[17:08:00] <Kev> Yay :)
[17:09:03] <ralphm> € 482 standard room
[17:09:16] <ralphm> without breakfast
[17:09:28] <Laura> I might have to run guys, sorry
[17:09:33] <Laura> Train to catch
[17:09:36] <ralphm> what no!
[17:09:43] <ralphm> Laura: do you want bean bags?
[17:09:49] <stpeter> I need to go soon too
[17:09:49] <ralphm> Laura: and what do you want on them?
[17:09:50] <dwd> Laura, Wait! ARe you running or taking a train? I'm so confused!
[17:09:55] <Kev> ralphm: FWIW, when I put an H on the wiki, that was assuming checkin Wed, checkout Sun.
[17:10:02] <Laura> Running to train
[17:10:08] <Laura> and bean bags?
[17:10:11] <ralphm> yes
[17:10:15] <ralphm> 140x180cm
[17:10:17] <Laura> For the summit?
[17:10:18] <ralphm> printed
[17:10:20] <dwd> Laura, Do we want to spend some money on beanbags?
[17:10:22] <ralphm> for FOSDEM
[17:10:24] <Laura> Yes
[17:10:31] <ralphm> what to put on them?
[17:10:49] <Laura> What about the ideas that got bounced around for the t-shirts?
[17:10:50] <dwd> We can figure that out on the list.
[17:10:59] <dwd> Laura, I'm trying to find printers.
[17:11:02] <Laura> Something cooler than just a logo
[17:11:03] <dwd> Laura, Who are cheap.
[17:11:07] <Laura> I can help with printers
[17:11:16] <dwd> Laura, Ah, ace.
[17:11:18] <ralphm> For beanbags: Jabber logo, XMPP logo, Realtime theme are options.
[17:11:35] <dwd> We could do one of each, if you fancy it.
[17:11:42] <Laura> I will send a message tomorrow and pick this up?
[17:11:43] <dwd> As in one of Jabber and XMPP.
[17:11:44] <ralphm> Good point!
[17:11:50] <Laura> I *really* have to go!
[17:11:54] <ralphm> Laura: thanks!
[17:11:58] <Laura> Bye!
[17:12:04] <dwd> Laura, Go hcen from this place unto a place of trains.
[17:12:12] *** Laura has left the room
[17:12:30] <ralphm> Assuming bear is still lurking over breakfast, let's go on?
[17:12:57] <dwd> Quorum only counts for opening the meeting, I think.
[17:13:02] <bear> :)
[17:13:07] <ralphm> heh
[17:13:09] <ralphm> Ok
[17:13:18] <ralphm> 5) FOSDEM
[17:13:27] <ralphm> So, the bean bags are a thing now
[17:13:35] <ralphm> I'm thinking of ordering three of them.
[17:14:01] <stpeter> interestingly bear just sent a message to the members@ list :-)
[17:14:08] <ralphm> they are €170+21% per
[17:14:13] *dwd wonders - if they have beanbags, what are they now?
[17:15:07] <bear> I figured beanbag discussions allowed me to multi-task a bit
[17:15:11] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[17:15:13] <stpeter> I am with Laura -- I need to drive to the Cisco office for some meeting there
[17:15:22] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[17:15:26] <Kev> (Aside: I've re-joined the gsoc@, we might want gsoc interested people to discuss stuff there).
[17:15:26] <ralphm> stpeter: thanks!
[17:15:40] <stpeter> bbl
[17:15:43] *** stpeter has left the room
[17:15:57] <ralphm> I'll just make a design and post it to the list
[17:16:05] <dwd> We still need projectors, don't we?
[17:16:11] <ralphm> dwd: we do
[17:16:24] <ralphm> I was hoping those could be obtained at Cisco as well
[17:16:32] <ralphm> I think we did that in previous years
[17:16:35] *** emcho has left the room
[17:16:50] <dwd> Right, we should probably touch base with hildjj about that.
[17:17:13] <ralphm> ah yes, one of those other domains I can't connect to right now :-)
[17:18:08] <ralphm> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_Checklist
[17:18:15] <ralphm> lists some other things we need
[17:18:39] <ralphm> I'd be happy to ride to Ikea with Edwin for said storage containers
[17:18:53] <ralphm> and other things that need to be bought
[17:19:01] <dwd> Ah, the Legendary Ikea Diegem Trips.
[17:19:20] <bear> i would consider it a failed summit if I didn't ride in a car with ralph to ikea
[17:19:32] <ralphm> Except that we intend to arrive on Wednesday, so maybe we can do it on that day this year.
[17:19:35] <dwd> You missed the trip I did with Florian driving in the snow.
[17:19:39] <ralphm> bear: hm
[17:20:12] <dwd> Florian driving is a terrifying thing at the best of times.
[17:20:24] <ralphm> I've also secured some Philips Hue bulbs that I intend to hang down from the ceiling
[17:21:03] <ralphm> Possibly in these: http://www.ikea.com/nl/nl/catalog/products/50175771/
[17:21:39] <ralphm> They are zigbee controlled via a hub that has an HTTP-based API.
[17:22:13] <ralphm> (which I want to tie in with XMPP obviously, as one of the IoT demos)
[17:22:27] <dwd> Right.
[17:22:33] <ralphm> Given their function, that seems loungy, too
[17:23:09] <dwd> Yes, indeed.
[17:23:29] <ralphm> Ok, anything else?
[17:23:42] <ralphm> We started recruiting for demos
[17:23:49] <ralphm> so let's push some more on that
[17:24:19] <dwd> XSF Dinner.
[17:24:43] <dwd> Again, Florian said he'd arrange that. We should probably mount a round-the-clock nagging watch on him.
[17:24:54] <ralphm> but also sponsoring
[17:25:01] <ralphm> I don't expect him to arrange that
[17:25:05] <dwd> Yes, he said he couldn't do the sponsoring.
[17:25:26] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[17:25:29] <dwd> I imagine I can do some of that. I've actually had one offer already.
[17:25:31] <ralphm> so it'd be great if one of you (hello minute-readers, too) could pick that up
[17:26:32] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:26:33] *** Tobias shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[17:26:41] <dwd> OK, I'm done, at least for now.
[17:26:55] <ralphm> goo
[17:26:56] <ralphm> d
[17:27:07] <ralphm> 6) AOB?
[17:27:21] <ralphm> bear, dwd?
[17:27:36] <dwd> Nope, I'm all meetinged out.
[17:27:45] <ralphm> 7) Date of next
[17:27:49] <ralphm> +1W
[17:27:59] <bear> +1 to next week
[17:28:01] <ralphm> 8) Thanks
[17:28:01] <dwd> Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel.
[17:28:06] *ralphm bangs gavel
[17:28:18] *bear sets his calendar alarm for the new year
[17:28:29] <ralphm> oh about that, could someone update the ICS files?
[17:28:35] <ralphm> including those for council?
[17:28:41] <dwd> Tobias, ?
[17:29:10] <Tobias> sure
[17:29:15] <ralphm> And put the summit in there as well, while you're at it.
[17:29:29] <ralphm> Tobias: thanks!
[17:29:30] <Tobias> putting the dates in or rebuilding the ics?
[17:29:47] <ralphm> I'm not sure I understand the difference.
[17:30:10] <ralphm> the end result would be that the xsf.ics one has the summit in there :-D
[17:30:17] <Tobias> okay
[17:30:29] <Tobias> if you can tell me the UTC dates for those
[17:30:34] <ralphm> oh and the summit one too
[17:30:43] <dwd> ralphm, An excellent restraint on micromanaging there.
[17:30:54] <dwd> Tobias, "Make it so."
[17:31:14] <ralphm> Tobias: whole day events, no time zone required
[17:31:26] <ralphm> the dates are 2014-01-30 and -31
[17:32:09] <bear> you can probably find last year's entries and cut-n-paste with appropriate edits
[17:32:12] <dwd> ralphm, Except they're actually 1000-1700 or so, +0100, rather than all-day events, surely?
[17:32:41] <ralphm> +0100 is ok
[17:32:48] <Tobias> board meeting is next week after council?
[17:32:54] <bear> yes
[17:32:55] <ralphm> Tobias: yes
[17:32:56] <Tobias> k
[17:33:00] <ralphm> 16:30 UTC
[17:33:42] <dwd> I'm sending out minutes subtley marked as draft now, so if there are mistakes I'll pretend they were draft all along, and otherwise we'll let them stand.
[17:33:54] <bear> :)
[17:34:10] <Kev> I've edited the GSoC page to remove some of the invalid ideas, BTW.
[17:34:29] <Kev> (Documentation projects are not allowed)
[17:34:46] <Tobias> dwd, both thursday and friday?
[17:34:49] <Tobias> the summit
[17:35:04] <bear> thanks kev
[17:35:12] <dwd> Tobias, Yes.
[17:35:16] <Tobias> k
[17:35:17] <bear> i've also requested from the mail moderator to join gsoc@
[17:36:06] <Kev> dwd: Kev wasn't speaking as Swift, just as past GSoC admin, and the 'we' in question was certainly the XSF, not Swift.
[17:36:23] <Kev> Although the not being chased for ideas was as Swift :)
[17:36:24] <dwd> Kev, Ah, in that case I misunderstood.
[17:36:37] <dwd> Kev, OK, partially misunderstood.
[17:36:41] <Kev> Swift doesn't have ideas up yet, the XSF does.
[17:36:57] <Kev> Although fewer than it did a few minutes ago, after my cull.
[17:38:05] <ralphm> Kev: we need XEP-0317 support
[17:38:35] <Kev> Possibly.
[17:38:41] <Kev> Or 258, slightly abused.
[17:39:45] <ralphm> but only /slightly/
[17:40:30] <jabberjocke> where do i join gsoc@ maillist?
[17:41:40] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[17:41:55] <bear> http://mail.jabber.org/listinfo/gsoc
[17:42:03] <bear> bah
[17:42:12] <bear> http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/gsoc
[17:42:42] <ralphm> archived?
[17:42:57] <ralphm> stpeter cleared up some lists a bit ago
[17:43:06] <bear> hmm, good question
[17:43:23] <ralphm> the archive is still there
[17:43:29] <ralphm> so I think this is the case
[17:46:13] <Tobias> so..events are in the calendar
[17:46:28] <jabberjocke> bear: could http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo be updated with the gsoc referens
[17:48:00] <bear> i'll email peter about that now
[17:49:05] <ralphm> jabberjocke: that's all automatic in mailman. The point is that for mailman, the lists doesn't currently exist.
[17:49:19] <ralphm> Pipermail (the archive frontend) does still have the archive
[17:49:28] <jabberjocke> aah
[17:49:35] <ralphm> so the list just needs recreating with new subscribers and such
[17:49:43] <bear> still, someone with mailman privs needs to flip the bit
[17:50:02] <ralphm> yeah, but I hope others than stpeter could do that
[17:50:14] <ralphm> like maybe intosi
[17:51:40] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[17:54:52] *bear wanders off to find food
[17:55:16] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[18:05:16] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[18:05:24] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:10:15] *** emcho has joined the room
[18:12:24] *** dwd shows as "online"
[18:16:54] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:16:55] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:19:53] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:20:05] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:20:28] *stpeter wander back in from a different location
[18:21:22] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[18:28:05] *** Tobias has left the room
[18:28:21] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:28:27] *** stpeter has joined the room
[18:31:22] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[18:46:45] *** stpeter has left the room
[18:49:00] *** stpeter has joined the room
[19:03:48] *** stpeter has left the room
[19:05:23] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:11:18] *** dwd shows as "online"
[19:14:26] *** SouL has joined the room
[19:14:47] *** SouL has left the room
[19:15:04] *** SouL has joined the room
[19:15:36] *** SouL has left the room
[19:15:54] *** SouL has joined the room
[19:16:44] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[19:26:16] *** dwd shows as "online"
[19:27:28] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:35:14] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:37:21] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:50:18] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[19:51:10] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:51:10] *** dwd shows as "online"
[19:53:12] *** bear has left the room
[19:56:22] *** Kev shows as "away"
[19:57:36] *** fsteinel has joined the room
[19:59:50] *** Alex shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[20:04:04] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[20:09:09] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[20:11:14] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[20:17:02] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[20:19:50] *** Alex shows as "xa" and his status message is "Auto-Status (untätig)"
[20:27:02] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[20:45:44] *** stpeter has joined the room
[20:48:04] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[20:58:09] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[20:59:29] <dwd> XSF DInner - Saturday night?
[21:00:19] <dwd> (Caught Florian, BTW, chased him on Hotel, he'll drop Aloft a note tonight)
[21:00:21] *** fsteinel has left the room
[21:01:14] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:11:15] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:16:10] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[21:16:59] *** Alex shows as "online"
[21:18:32] *** dwd shows as "online"
[21:19:51] *** Alex has left the room
[21:20:22] *** Zash has left the room
[21:27:49] *** stpeter has left the room
[21:32:49] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:42:49] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[21:42:49] *** Kev shows as "online"
[21:43:09] <Kev> Saturday night sounds reasonable to me.
[21:44:29] <ralphm> dwd: nice. wfm
[21:44:43] <Kev> Usual place?
[21:45:02] <dwd> Florian's Babysitter's.
[21:46:13] <ralphm> hehe
[21:46:46] *** SouL shows as "online" and his status message is "Xeee, recontrafotre!"
[21:47:05] <dwd> I don't actually remember the name of the place, I only remember that the blonde waitress, who's the wife of the chef, was Florian's babysitter.
[21:47:17] <dwd> We must absolutely not remind him of this fact at every opportunity.
[21:49:07] *** MattJ shows as "away"
[22:01:16] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[22:05:46] <ralphm> of course not. it would be cruel
[22:08:46] <dwd> And we must never be cruel to Florian.
[22:11:17] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[22:25:42] <jabberjocke> so is checkin on the 30th and checkout on 3rd the default choice the (H) in the wiki http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_15#Participants
[22:26:16] <Kev> I'll be checking in on the 29th and checking out on the 2nd.
[22:27:21] *** SouL has left the room
[22:29:43] <dwd> I think I stipulated a default. But the idea behind that isn't that we'll book a room, anyway, it's so we can get a block of rooms - we'll just need to ensure we have a minimum actually booked.
[22:30:03] <Kev> You did?
[22:30:30] <Kev> It's not immediately obvious to me on the page.
[22:30:41] <dwd> In the mail, rather than on the page.
[22:32:33] <Kev> What was the default?
[22:32:55] <dwd> I can't remember. I suspect I'd have said in for Wednesday night, out for Monday morning.
[22:35:43] <Kev> I would have thought quite a lot of people would be in Wednesday, out Sunday.
[22:36:15] <Kev> Although I'd expect long-haulers to be out Monday.
[22:45:25] <Kev> I think, FWIW, that being a sponsor of hardware should probably be taken on the same sort of basis as a donation of cash.
[22:46:25] <Kev> I don't know what size hardware donation you're talking about, but would we put a logo on every page of the site for an equivalent cash donation?
[22:46:36] <Kev> What about the donation Peter's just arranged?
[22:47:28] <Kev> (@dwd)
[22:49:31] <dwd> The ISoc gift specifically didn't ask for anything. The problem is that getting blanket donations is hard, whereas getting specific donations is comparatively easier - sponsors like to be associated with a specific benefit that aligns with them, or simply a benefit that is seen as generally nice.
[22:50:15] <Kev> Right.
[22:50:29] <Kev> But a logo on every page of the site is a hell of a sponsor benefit.
[22:50:56] <dwd> Yeah, I'm not mad keen on a logo. Just a line of fine text in the footer.
[22:51:04] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[22:51:09] <Kev> Do we value sponsors of hardware significantly above other sponsors?
[22:51:19] *** intosi shows as "online"
[22:51:36] <Kev> We have a footnote in text of sponsors already.
[22:52:04] <Kev> So if the hardware comes to the appropriate magnitude to reach whatever level of sponsorship that is, I think it's fine.
[22:52:31] <fippo> has there been a blog entry about the isoc gift btw?
[22:52:37] <dwd> Right, we do. I'm thinking of calling out what they sponsored (in particular, I'm thinking we should call attention to the hosting too).
[22:52:45] <dwd> fippo, Pass. I don't remember one.
[22:57:17] *** MattJ shows as "away"
[22:57:18] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[22:58:26] *** stpeter has joined the room
[22:58:27] *** stpeter has left the room
[22:58:27] *** stpeter has joined the room
[23:02:08] *** MattJ shows as "online"
[23:05:07] *** stpeter has left the room
[23:11:45] *** bear has joined the room
[23:11:46] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:23:42] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:24:23] *** Kev shows as "away"
[23:28:17] *** Simon has joined the room
[23:28:17] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:28:33] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:28:33] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:30:27] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:30:28] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:30:28] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:30:32] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:30:33] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:30:33] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:32:11] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:34:02] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:37:15] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:42:18] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:47:21] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:49:58] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:49:58] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:49:58] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:52:25] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[23:53:17] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[23:54:50] *** Simon has joined the room
[23:54:50] *** Simon shows as "online"
[23:58:57] *** Simon shows as "online"