Wednesday, February 05, 2014
xsf@muc.xmpp.org
February
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
   
             
XSF Discussion | Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/xsf/ | Agenda https://trello.com/b/Dn6IQOu0/board-meetings

[00:31:42] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[00:32:43] *** Link Mauve shows as "xa"
[00:36:35] *** tato has joined the room
[00:55:28] *** waqas has left the room
[00:58:50] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[01:15:06] *** tato has left the room
[01:36:29] *** Zash has left the room
[01:38:50] *** abmar shows as "away" and his status message is "Auto Status (idle)"
[01:39:26] *** waqas has joined the room
[01:39:57] *** abmar shows as "online"
[01:40:00] *** abmar has left the room
[01:43:15] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[01:43:17] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[01:45:29] *** Tobias has left the room
[01:45:37] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[03:05:47] *** Tobias has left the room
[03:05:48] *** Tobias has joined the room
[03:05:50] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[03:10:56] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[03:21:16] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[03:21:18] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[03:24:04] *** Tobias has left the room
[03:31:36] *** stpeter has left the room
[04:21:17] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[04:23:27] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[04:23:29] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[04:31:22] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[05:05:29] *** waqas has left the room
[06:05:12] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[06:05:12] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:05:22] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:05:22] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:08:17] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:13:19] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:14:18] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[06:18:22] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:21:25] *** Alex has joined the room
[06:23:24] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:28:28] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:33:31] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:38:34] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:43:37] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:48:40] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:53:39] *** Steffen Larsen has joined the room
[06:53:39] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:54:53] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[06:59:56] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[07:00:17] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[07:02:36] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[07:04:58] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[07:05:49] *** kevin has joined the room
[07:10:01] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[07:10:36] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[07:11:47] *** intosi shows as "online"
[07:15:03] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[07:16:04] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[07:20:06] *** Steffen Larsen shows as "online"
[07:23:09] *** Steffen Larsen has left the room
[07:31:14] *** emcho has joined the room
[07:33:31] *** emcho has left the room
[07:35:32] *** emcho has joined the room
[07:36:54] *** emcho has left the room
[07:37:27] *** emcho has joined the room
[07:53:32] *** emcho has left the room
[07:53:32] *** emcho has joined the room
[07:59:07] *** Kev shows as "online"
[08:01:16] *** dwd shows as "online"
[08:05:14] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[08:06:58] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[08:16:58] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[08:17:58] *** dwd shows as "online"
[08:19:53] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[08:23:38] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[08:33:38] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[08:35:34] *** dwd shows as "online"
[08:45:43] *** Tobias has left the room
[09:11:00] *** Tobias has joined the room
[09:11:05] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[09:41:31] *** dwd shows as "online"
[09:49:03] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[09:59:03] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[10:06:09] *** dwd shows as "online"
[10:12:56] *** intosi has left the room
[10:12:57] *** intosi has joined the room
[10:17:20] *** Lloyd has joined the room
[10:20:16] *** emcho has left the room
[10:24:19] *** kevin has left the room
[10:30:33] *** Jef has joined the room
[10:33:35] *** kevin has joined the room
[10:40:42] *** Simon has joined the room
[10:40:42] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:40:52] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:40:52] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:41:51] *** Kev shows as "away"
[10:42:14] *** winfried has joined the room
[10:42:16] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:43:58] *** Kev shows as "online"
[10:44:05] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[10:44:05] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[10:44:39] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:44:39] *** Simon shows as "online"
[10:47:17] *** Simon has left the room
[10:59:17] *** emcho has joined the room
[11:00:06] *** Link Mauve shows as "online"
[11:01:46] *** emcho has left the room
[11:01:54] *** emcho has joined the room
[11:08:22] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[11:11:32] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[11:15:57] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[11:16:01] *** Jef shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[11:21:01] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[11:21:29] *** dwd shows as "online"
[11:21:32] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[11:26:01] *** Jef shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[11:34:25] *** Jef shows as "online"
[11:38:09] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[11:43:54] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[11:44:37] *** intosi shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[11:45:57] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[11:55:57] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[11:56:46] <dwd> "During a security review, we found that LibraryThing suffered a data breach in November 2011."
[12:01:52] *** intosi shows as "online"
[12:03:22] *** emcho has left the room
[12:05:03] *** emcho has joined the room
[12:10:05] <ralphm> hm
[12:11:28] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[12:14:43] *** kevin has left the room
[12:18:32] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[12:28:32] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[12:32:46] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[12:33:09] *** Jef has left the room
[12:35:22] *** intosi has left the room
[12:35:23] *** intosi has joined the room
[12:35:24] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[12:37:48] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[12:42:50] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[12:52:57] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[12:58:27] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[13:01:36] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[13:02:41] *** Kev shows as "away"
[13:08:27] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[13:09:33] *** emcho has left the room
[13:09:44] *** emcho has joined the room
[13:11:36] *** ralphm shows as "xa" and his status message is "Not available as a result of being idle"
[13:14:00] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[13:15:15] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[13:24:09] *** Kev shows as "online"
[13:25:16] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[13:26:37] *** dwd shows as "online"
[13:28:34] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[13:30:00] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[13:35:16] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[13:41:56] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[13:46:31] *** Tobias shows as "away"
[13:49:06] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[13:54:05] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[13:55:40] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[14:00:08] *** Simon has joined the room
[14:00:08] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:01:47] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[14:04:06] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[14:05:06] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:10:08] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:15:11] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:20:14] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:25:15] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:30:17] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:33:30] *** ralphm shows as "away" and his status message is "Away as a result of being idle"
[14:34:23] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[14:35:19] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:35:34] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[14:40:21] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:43:44] *** Zash has joined the room
[14:43:45] *** Zash shows as "online"
[14:45:23] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:47:11] *** waqas has joined the room
[14:48:03] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[14:50:25] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:52:15] *** Kev shows as "away"
[14:54:19] *** SouL has joined the room
[14:55:28] *** Simon shows as "online"
[14:57:06] *** SouL has left the room
[14:57:27] *** SouL has joined the room
[14:58:03] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[15:00:30] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:05:32] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:05:52] *** Jef has joined the room
[15:10:35] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:15:37] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:20:39] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:22:00] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[15:25:42] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:29:20] *** ralphm has left the room
[15:30:44] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:31:19] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[15:31:19] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[15:32:38] *** waqas has left the room
[15:34:22] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:34:22] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[15:34:22] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:35:01] *** SouL has left the room
[15:35:13] *** SouL has joined the room
[15:35:46] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:40:48] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:45:50] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:50:53] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:55:55] *** Simon shows as "online"
[15:56:06] *** waqas has joined the room
[15:57:05] *** Kev shows as "online"
[15:59:53] *** Lance has joined the room
[15:59:54] *** Lance shows as "online"
[16:00:57] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:04:04] *** emcho has left the room
[16:06:00] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:09:10] *** emcho has joined the room
[16:11:02] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:16:04] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:21:07] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:25:09] *** ralphm shows as "online"
[16:26:10] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:26:12] <ralphm> Board Meeting in 6 min.
[16:26:57] <ralphm> However, dwd is likely to be slightly late
[16:29:44] *** stpeter has joined the room
[16:30:02] <ralphm> No sign of Laura or Bear so far.
[16:30:19] <stpeter> I know for a fact that Bear's internet is down (ice storm in Philadelphia)
[16:30:46] <ralphm> What, no redundancy?
[16:31:04] <stpeter> :)
[16:31:11] <stpeter> ice storms can wreak havoc
[16:31:12] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:31:43] *** emcho has left the room
[16:32:10] <Simon> I'm here.
[16:32:27] <ralphm> We have no quorum yet
[16:32:50] <ralphm> So I'll wait for dwd to come back at least
[16:32:51] <Simon> board meetings are a nice distraction from zone file and secondary DNS propagation debugging.
[16:32:53] <stpeter> ok
[16:32:58] <ralphm> Simon: awesome
[16:33:21] *** emcho has joined the room
[16:35:21] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[16:36:15] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:37:04] *** dwd shows as "online"
[16:37:20] <dwd> Back, just give me a minute to get settled.
[16:37:25] <dwd> Just walked in through the door.
[16:37:28] <ralphm> dwd: no worries
[16:39:09] <intosi> [non-XSF] stpeter: any idea when Jerry will be able to kick hermes2?
[16:39:58] <stpeter> intosi, no but I'll ping him
[16:40:20] <dwd> OK.
[16:40:26] <ralphm> 0. Opening
[16:40:34] <ralphm> Welcome.
[16:40:49] <intosi> stpeter: ta
[16:41:04] <ralphm> Bear is excused for his absense by Act of God.
[16:41:18] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:41:26] <ralphm> Agenda items.
[16:41:36] <ralphm> Summit/FOSDEM recap
[16:42:35] <ralphm> Simon, dwd: any other items?
[16:42:42] <ralphm> stpeter maybe?
[16:42:54] <Simon> Summit recap is all i have on my list for today.
[16:43:03] <Lloyd> Laura sends apologies, interview running long, will be along ASAP
[16:43:03] <dwd> We probably need to get on with Boring Things.
[16:43:08] <Simon> I expect next week we'll have more non summit things to talk about.
[16:43:29] <ralphm> Lloyd: is that worth waiting on?
[16:43:40] <dwd> We've a potential sponsor, we should sort out the membership applications.
[16:44:30] <ralphm> I seem to only have Alex on jabber.org, which is down at the moment.
[16:45:19] <ralphm> 1. XMPP Summit 15 / FOSDEM recap
[16:45:21] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[16:45:26] <Lloyd> raplhm, trying to find out, if you have enough people I'd say carry on.
[16:45:46] <ralphm> First off, that was a blast.
[16:46:15] <dwd> I agree. I thought it went amazingly well.
[16:46:20] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:46:37] <ralphm> The Summit was very productive, and we have had a good audience and presence at FOSDEM with the Realtime Lounge.
[16:47:04] <ralphm> I'm still collecting some pictures on the Google Plus event page, and will likely make a nice little video from them
[16:47:17] <dwd> Yes, and we drew some new faces and had fun.
[16:47:58] <ralphm> So I'd like to thank everyone involved, again!
[16:48:19] <ralphm> Then onto the less entertaining bits: finances
[16:48:20] <stpeter> yes, thanks to everyone!
[16:48:27] <dwd> Given you led the FOSDEM side, I'll join you in thanking yourself.
[16:48:38] <Simon> FOSDEM was good. And fun. Things that would have helped… a) nobody knew where the realtime lounge was - (we could have some events there or something to get it onto a program for next year). b) there was no signage.
[16:48:42] <ralphm> dwd: hah!
[16:49:10] <ralphm> Simon: agreed
[16:49:19] <dwd> Simon, Sure. It might be worth making a note of the things we think would have made it better now, actually.
[16:49:30] <ralphm> We did bring some gear to make signs, but simply didn't get around to work on them
[16:49:31] <Simon> (annecdote: overheard someone asking for "the difinitive XMPP guide at the oreilly stand - said hello and that he should come and talk to the author at the realtime longe. His response - I've never heard of that"
[16:49:48] <dwd> I mean, not in this meeting, but in this time period.
[16:50:00] <ralphm> dwd: yes
[16:50:25] <ralphm> For next year, I'll make it explicit with the FOSDEM people to put us in all materials as such at least.
[16:50:29] <dwd> We tend to try and think of what to do in the third or fourth week of January, rather than properly doing a post-mortem when it's fresh.
[16:50:34] <Simon> Summit was also good. I feel very happy about the progress made to address posts like Ge0rG's
[16:50:41] <Simon> (on mobile)
[16:50:56] <Kev> I'd suggest the best way to make sure you notice as the time comes is to start the 2015 wiki page now.
[16:50:58] <ralphm> We've earned additional credits for cleaning up after another project that shall remain nameless here.
[16:51:21] <Kev> Unless you have more faith your ability to remember stuff than I have in mine :)
[16:51:23] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:51:31] <dwd> Simon, Yes, that too. I always fear that a Summit can easily denegerate into rather vague discussions, but Kev kept us very much on track.
[16:51:35] <ralphm> Kev: well, we did have a checklist from last year, and largely worked from it, we can just amend it
[16:51:45] <ralphm> http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/index.php?title=FOSDEM_Checklist
[16:51:48] <dwd> ralphm, How do you solve a problem like ...?
[16:51:49] <Kev> ralphm: I accept you may be more organised than me :)
[16:52:46] <ralphm> Kev: well, we did eventually not settle on the swag
[16:53:26] <intosi> We did manage to sell a considerable amount of the old T-shirts.
[16:53:28] <dwd> Which was my fault, really.
[16:53:43] <ralphm> dwd: no worries, we had a lot of stuff to cover
[16:53:44] <Simon> props to DWD's selling skills. He should sell used cars next.
[16:53:59] <Simon> if the whole protocol thingy doesn't work out.
[16:54:14] <dwd> Simon, Well, we sold only 36 t-shirts. I don't think I can build a career on that.
[16:54:19] <dwd> Sorry, 37.
[16:54:20] <intosi> Xtensive Motor Paypment Plan
[16:54:38] <Zash> :D
[16:54:49] <ralphm> Oh, and of course the IoT demo by Joachim should get high praise.
[16:55:08] <dwd> Indeed. That was an easy draw to get people discussing XMPP.
[16:55:14] <ralphm> That drew literally hundreds of people
[16:55:27] <dwd> Which, after all, is the point of the stand/lounge.
[16:55:33] <ralphm> yeah
[16:56:04] <ralphm> One take-away from that was that most visitors, that were all pretty technical, don't know Jabber/XMPP beyond chat.
[16:56:05] <ralphm> at all
[16:56:26] *** Simon shows as "online"
[16:56:40] <dwd> And several didn't see it as more than an AOL/MSN replacement, rather than the federated aspects or the V/VOIP.
[16:56:52] <ralphm> So we have to work on our story
[16:57:10] <ralphm> As dicussed at the Summit, there are already a bunch of action items on that.
[16:57:17] <dwd> Right.
[16:57:45] <Simon> indeed - many don't even know what federation is.
[16:57:49] <ralphm> Ok, anything else worth mentioning at this point, board-wise, before moving on to dwd's awesome spreadsheet?
[16:58:12] <dwd> Simon, See, if I fail at this protocol stuff, I have my rusimentary book-keeping skillz.
[16:58:38] <ralphm> that go with the car-salesman
[16:59:08] <dwd> This is true. Shall I open that spreadsheet now, and post a link?
[16:59:15] <stpeter> I might have an AOB for the end of the meeting
[16:59:20] <ralphm> dwd: yes please
[16:59:20] <Simon> sure
[16:59:23] <ralphm> stpeter: ok
[16:59:26] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[16:59:53] <dwd> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Atl-8pj2dbZ5dGxzdFhsUVpUUlczd2JfZUxPNGNBdGc&usp=sharing
[17:00:09] <dwd> Can a non-boardy person check that link works?
[17:00:26] *** xnyhps has joined the room
[17:00:42] <Kev> It does.
[17:00:44] <intosi> It does
[17:00:50] <dwd> Also, pheer my accounting skillz. But don't show a real acocuntant, as they'll note that it's not double-entry - really, the XSF should have a general ledger column.
[17:01:00] <dwd> Lovely.
[17:01:28] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:01:31] <dwd> It has comments, but the key is that on the bottom 3 rightmost cells, is the overall figure.
[17:01:33] <dwd> Which is a loss.
[17:01:40] *** Lance has left the room
[17:02:00] <stpeter> dwd: thanks for the spreadsheet!
[17:02:32] <Kev> dwd: That's a loss for the whole of the summit+FOSDEM, but that was expected, I think? As in - no money was raised for the beanbags et al.
[17:02:41] <ralphm> Kev: yes
[17:02:54] <ralphm> except for one bag now
[17:02:55] <dwd> Kev, Right - in fact &Yet have paid for the Realtime Beanbag.
[17:03:41] <Kev> Which isn't on the spreadsheet?
[17:03:46] <dwd> Kev, But the XSF Dinner sponsorship basically paid for all the food at the Summit as well as the dinner and transport.
[17:03:46] <ralphm> Kev: in the notes
[17:03:56] <ralphm> (in the &yet column)
[17:04:10] <dwd> Kev, It is, it's considered part of their offer. Comments reveal the breakdown.
[17:04:19] <Kev> Ah.
[17:04:36] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[17:04:43] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[17:05:23] <stpeter> BTW, we've never really had "expense reports" since I've always been shelling out the money, but I think we can work that out with proper receipts and such
[17:05:24] <dwd> The position is essentially that the XSF curently owes Ralph and I, and a few sponsors need an invoice.
[17:05:52] <Kev> I find this spreadsheet quite informative, so thanks for sharing.
[17:06:09] <ralphm> stpeter: I have receipts for all items. Who do I send them to?
[17:06:31] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:06:48] <dwd> One informative thing is that - rather stupidly, actually - I ended up with the cash. Since it's Euros, it'd have been much more sensible to have Ralph take that. :-)
[17:06:54] <stpeter> ralphm: I think you would scan them in and send them to the board@ list (which is what I've always done)
[17:07:03] <ralphm> stpeter: ack
[17:07:09] <ralphm> dwd: eh, yeah
[17:07:11] <fippo> dwd: I wondered why you wanted cash... ;-)
[17:07:13] <stpeter> dwd: indeed
[17:07:28] <ralphm> dwd: I didn't actually think that through
[17:07:31] <dwd> stpeter, Similarly I've the Dinner receipt, though not any receipt for the tip.
[17:07:37] <dwd> ralphm, No, nor did I.
[17:08:07] <stpeter> dwd: in the past, I have taken the cash (if any) and changed it upon return to the States, then put it back in our bank account
[17:08:14] <dwd> ralphm, Now, if only we had a Treasurer, we could get paid.
[17:08:30] <ralphm> dwd: I was assuming that's you really
[17:08:50] <stpeter> right, we do lack a real Treasurer
[17:09:05] <stpeter> and have for years
[17:09:15] <Tobias> the last one was jack, no?
[17:09:15] <stpeter> but that's out of scope for today's meeting, I think :-)
[17:09:25] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:09:35] <ralphm> stpeter: let's put it on next weeks agenda
[17:09:38] <stpeter> even Jack was never established properly as the Treasuruer with bank access and such
[17:09:48] <Tobias> ah..ok
[17:10:15] <ralphm> stpeter: so I'll guess that's just you now, right?
[17:10:27] <stpeter> yes
[17:11:00] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:11:08] *** SouL has left the room
[17:11:33] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:11:56] <dwd> Anyway, would the Board like to approve that spreadsheet at this point?
[17:12:57] <ralphm> I looks good to me
[17:12:57] <Simon> happy to approve.
[17:13:15] <ralphm> dwd: are any mutations expected?
[17:13:29] <dwd> I don't know of any pending changes.
[17:13:43] <ralphm> I assume you haven't actually gotten all donations yet
[17:14:01] <dwd> I don't know if Bear's finished his changes, but I think so.
[17:14:03] <ralphm> I wonder if it would be more cost-effective to have not route some of that through the US
[17:14:21] <dwd> ralphm, No, the XSF needs to invoice the remaining amounts.
[17:14:57] <ralphm> e.g. having a in-EU transfer to me from isode
[17:15:05] <stpeter> ralphm: perhaps
[17:15:14] <dwd> Yeah... I can discuss that with Isode if you like.
[17:15:26] <ralphm> knowing that US money transfers are crazy expensive
[17:15:43] <ralphm> I don't want to sponsor the banks if not needed
[17:16:33] <ralphm> Ok
[17:16:35] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:16:36] <ralphm> anything else?
[17:16:44] <stpeter> couldn't we use the obscure and never-documented Instant Money (IM) extensions to XMPP?
[17:16:56] *** SouL has joined the room
[17:17:06] <ralphm> stpeter: sure
[17:17:09] <dwd> stpeter, They turn out to be troublesome to oeprate. Many start-ups have tried.
[17:17:10] *** Lance has joined the room
[17:17:11] *** Lance shows as "online"
[17:17:20] <ralphm> 2. Sponsors
[17:17:23] <ralphm> dwd: go
[17:18:05] <dwd> We have at least one interested sponsor, possibly two. One is ready for some formal instructions on how to proceed.
[17:18:25] *** xnyhps has left the room
[17:18:38] *** Lloyd has left the room
[17:18:47] <stpeter> that reminds me, I need to read Laura's draft of a post about ISOC
[17:19:14] <ralphm> stpeter: how does this usually work?
[17:19:16] <stpeter> dwd: what I've done is invoice the sponsor and work with them on text for their sponsor page, including images
[17:19:46] <ralphm> dwd: are you taking this on?
[17:20:05] <dwd> Can do. Do we have vaguely official invoice type stuff, and I'll sort the lot?
[17:20:30] <stpeter> dwd: I can send you samples of what I've generated in the past
[17:20:42] <ralphm> awesome
[17:20:47] <dwd> ALso, FTR, I've confirmed with Isode that they can pay the money direct to Ralph in €.
[17:20:55] <stpeter> I'll just send them to the board@ list for general perusal
[17:20:56] *** Lance shows as "online"
[17:20:57] *** Lance shows as "online"
[17:21:00] <dwd> stpeter, Sounds good.
[17:21:15] *** xnyhps has joined the room
[17:21:36] <stpeter> often I have found that we need to write the sponsor page text
[17:21:38] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:22:06] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:22:15] <stpeter> in fact that might be better so it is more descriptive than laudatory
[17:22:41] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:22:57] <ralphm> Simon: are you and Laura also taking on those pages?
[17:22:58] <stpeter> speaking of sponsors, I think it would be appropriate at this point to remove Google from the list of sponsors (their last donation was a long long time ago)
[17:23:17] <dwd> stpeter, We remove the sponsor once we finish spending their money, right?
[17:23:31] <ralphm> stpeter: have we solicited Google for another donation?
[17:23:57] <stpeter> ralphm: I have not
[17:24:16] *** waqas has left the room
[17:24:21] <ralphm> even though they are moving away from XMPP in their Hangouts stuff, it seems to still be a thing in other areas
[17:24:27] <stpeter> right
[17:24:28] <ralphm> (devices, GCM)
[17:24:59] <fippo> if I'd get paid for any bug i reported while mapping the webrtc sdp to jingle and vice versa... :-)
[17:25:09] <dwd> It would be good - they've cost us enough by their comments to the media, it would at least go some way to repairing that damage.
[17:25:20] *stpeter adds pinging Chris DiBona to his todo list
[17:25:29] <ralphm> dwd: heh
[17:25:48] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:26:01] <ralphm> ok
[17:26:07] <ralphm> anything else on sponsors?
[17:26:16] <dwd> ralphm, I'm actually quite serious. If we could point out to people that they're a current sponsor, it would be helpful.
[17:26:34] <ralphm> dwd: I assumed you were serious
[17:26:40] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:26:41] *** intosi has left the room
[17:26:42] <ralphm> and I agree with it, too
[17:26:48] <ralphm> left hand / right hand and all that
[17:26:59] *** SouL shows as "online"
[17:26:59] <dwd> ralphm, I think I'm good. Does the Board which to formally approve sponsors, by the way?
[17:27:09] <dwd> s/which/wish/
[17:27:28] *** SouL has left the room
[17:27:32] <dwd> Because if so, I'd have thought it's something we should to in camera. (ie, not in public).
[17:27:36] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:27:49] *** intosi@ik.nu has joined the room
[17:27:51] <stpeter> hmm, interesting, I just discovered that vtc.amazon.com is an XMPP service
[17:28:03] <ralphm> I don't feel we have to approve sponsors, really.
[17:28:21] *stpeter nods to ralphm
[17:28:22] <Kev> I actually feel like Board should.
[17:28:34] <Kev> As it can be seen as an advertising deal on the XSF site.
[17:28:36] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:28:40] <stpeter> well, unless the sponsors would reflect badly on the XSF :-)
[17:28:42] <ralphm> If a sponsor should appear that we don't want money from, we can discuss it when that happens
[17:28:59] <Kev> I'm happy for the approval to be implicit :)
[17:29:16] <dwd> ralphm, I would rather that we put the policy in place while we're not doing anything contraversial.
[17:29:25] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[17:29:34] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:29:40] <Kev> It doesn't seem harmful or onerous to approve sponsors, to me.
[17:29:43] <ralphm> I trust the officer in charge of sponsors (hi dwd) can act on behalf of the board on this
[17:30:08] <dwd> I'm not an officer.
[17:30:16] <dwd> (that has a specific meaning)
[17:30:29] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[17:31:00] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:31:07] <dwd> Kev, FWIW, I agree.
[17:31:11] <ralphm> I meant Director
[17:31:23] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:31:31] <ralphm> But sure, let's do this oob
[17:31:40] <ralphm> Moving on then
[17:31:43] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:31:45] <ralphm> 3. AOB
[17:31:47] <stpeter> in the past I have given the Board a heads-up about incoming sponsors, but I done so on the board@ list
[17:31:47] <ralphm> stpeter?
[17:31:49] <dwd> Right. I'll post details to the Secret List
[17:31:50] <stpeter> yes
[17:31:56] *** SouL shows as "online"
[17:32:04] <Kev> I have a small request here.
[17:32:11] <Kev> I'd quite like the vote to happen in normal Board meetings.
[17:32:19] <Kev> I realise the details remain OOB.
[17:32:33] <ralphm> Kev: yes, for next meeting
[17:32:43] <dwd> Kev, You want a named sponsor to be declined publicly?
[17:32:51] <ralphm> so we first discuss and then formalize it in the regular meeting
[17:32:56] <Kev> dwd: No, I explicitly said not that.
[17:33:39] <ralphm> Kev: what if the vote is not unanimous?
[17:33:45] <dwd> Kev, I'm not understanding what you mean, then.
[17:34:01] <Kev> I'd just like the vote to happen as a normal Board vote, which means here. I'm happy for it to be as simple as "The sponorship deal discussed on list - who's in favour?".
[17:34:36] <Kev> That is - I'd like to default to being public, and elide the bits that can't be shared, rather than moving it entirely OOB.
[17:34:37] <ralphm> I'm sorry, but if it is a public vote, it shall also be a named item.
[17:35:00] <dwd> Kev, Unless two happen to be in progress at the same time, I think political realities would indicate that meant the sponsor would in effect be named if they were accepted, and if the vote were a 3-2, that'd be uncomfortable.
[17:35:20] <dwd> Kev, FWIW, I think it'd put some sponsors off "applying".
[17:36:32] *** Lance has left the room
[17:36:35] <stpeter> in practice I doubt that we'd ever turn down a sponsor unless it was some shady company, and that's unlikely
[17:36:45] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:36:47] <stpeter> so making it as public as possible seems fine to me
[17:37:00] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:38:03] <ralphm> I would not really feel comfortable in publicly announcing a non-unanimous sponsor decision, whatever the outcome.
[17:38:26] <stpeter> may I raise my "AOB" item now?
[17:38:28] <dwd> ralphm, I agree.
[17:38:51] <Simon> stpeter - I've been waiting all evening.
[17:38:54] <ralphm> stpeter: yes. Kev's point will be considered
[17:39:05] <ralphm> 3. AOB.
[17:39:09] <stpeter> I have asked Thijs Alkemade if he would be able and willing to present about our work on hardening the XMPP network at the W3C/IAB workshop to be held on Feb 28 / March 1 (see https://www.w3.org/2014/strint/ for details) - he is agreeable and I think it would be appropriate for the XSF to pay for his expenses to participate in the workshop. I'll also note that the meeting is coming up quickly and Thijs would need to plan travel and hotel.
[17:39:36] *** emcho has left the room
[17:39:52] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:39:54] <Kev> [Last thing for my point - if we can't have anything done in public, I'd at least like the result to be publicly minuted. So either X was accepted as a sponsor, on An Unnamed Sponsor offer was rejected. To be added to consideration]
[17:40:25] <stpeter> my proposal to present at the workshop - https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saintandre-strint-workshop-xmpp/ - has been accepted, but I think it would be great for Thijs to present about it
[17:40:40] <ralphm> Kev: noted
[17:41:00] <ralphm> stpeter: I think this is a great idea.
[17:41:12] <Simon> stpeter: +1 sounds great.
[17:41:22] *** emcho has joined the room
[17:41:28] <Kev> Is Thijs a member? Seems slightly odd for the XSF to pay for someone unaffiliated to represent them (not that this makes it a bad idea)
[17:41:29] *** SouL has left the room
[17:41:32] <stpeter> good experience and recognition for Thijs among other things
[17:41:39] *** SouL shows as "online"
[17:41:48] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:41:50] <xnyhps> Kev: I am not.
[17:42:03] <ralphm> xnyhps: WHAY!
[17:42:30] <stpeter> I don't see why it makes any difference whether Thijs is a member
[17:42:30] *** SouL has left the room
[17:42:36] <ralphm> stpeter: agreed
[17:42:40] <dwd> stpeter, Yes, I agree, but I think we should make a Thing out of this - get a little wider publicity.
[17:42:44] <stpeter> we have plenty of members who do nothing, and Thijs has done a lot
[17:42:53] <Kev> I said 'slightly odd' and explicitly noted that this didn't make it a bad idea.
[17:43:04] <stpeter> Kev: yep
[17:43:05] <Kev> We have more than that, we have plenty of members that we might not want to represent the XSF :)
[17:43:21] <stpeter> Kev: the only slightly odd thing is that it would be great if Thijs were an XSF member
[17:43:24] <fippo> xnyhps: http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Membership_Applications_Q1_2014 :-)
[17:43:26] <stpeter> Kev: :-)
[17:43:40] <stpeter> dwd: sure
[17:43:46] *** Tobias has joined the room
[17:43:51] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[17:45:43] <stpeter> can the Board agree in principle so that Thijs can start making plans, get registered for the workshop, etc.?
[17:45:50] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:45:57] <ralphm> stpeter, xnyhps: can you send us an estimate?
[17:45:58] <Simon> full agreement here.
[17:46:02] <stpeter> I'll also need to inform the workshop organizers that Thijs would be presenting
[17:46:04] <ralphm> I'm +1 in principle
[17:46:20] <dwd> I'd be inclined to say just book it.
[17:46:22] <stpeter> it's London, isn't that the most expensive city in the world?
[17:46:36] <dwd> xnyhps, Where are you flying in from?
[17:46:41] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:46:50] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:46:54] <xnyhps> Netherlands, so I'm not sure I'll be actually flying.
[17:47:37] <dwd> xnyhps, Whereabouts? intosi@ik.nu might be able to suggest sensible routes into London; he travels enough.
[17:47:45] <Kev> Are we expecting there to be general XMPP discussion in strint beyond this presentation being made?
[17:48:20] <xnyhps> Utrecht.
[17:48:45] <dwd> Kev, I think STRINT is mostly about general "post-Snowden" security; I wouldn't expect a lot of XMPP discussion.
[17:48:51] <stpeter> right
[17:49:00] <stpeter> this is a general workshop
[17:49:00] *** intosi has joined the room
[17:49:01] <Kev> I hadn't previously expected it.
[17:49:10] <stpeter> people talking about security from many angles
[17:49:14] <Kev> But, given the presentation... seemed worth asking.
[17:49:21] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:49:28] <dwd> Kev, I'd hope that Thijs and Peter can get some XMPP discussion going, though.
[17:49:29] <stpeter> it is a good opportunity to show that the XMPP community is in the forefront
[17:49:35] <dwd> stpeter, Right.
[17:49:56] *** Paulo has joined the room
[17:49:58] <dwd> stpeter, Be sure to mention the lavish dinners we have, too.
[17:50:00] <ralphm> It has been decided, I believe.
[17:50:09] *** winfried shows as "away" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[17:50:12] <ralphm> Any other any other business?
[17:50:41] <stpeter> I need to apologize for not getting busy with the Editorial Team -- I'll set up a meeting about that next week
[17:50:43] <dwd> I'd suggest Thijs (and stpeter) try to get into "the conference hotel", whichever that is. The benefits of the corridor meetings that result that way are huge.
[17:50:51] <Simon> Do we need to discuss any of the Summit work?
[17:50:58] <ralphm> stpeter: you're excused, naturally
[17:51:03] <dwd> stpeter, There were additional volunteers guilted into it at the Summit, IIRC.
[17:51:18] <Kev> Every non-Council/Board member present, by my count.
[17:51:40] <ralphm> dwd: there's no "conference hotel" apparently
[17:51:52] <dwd> ralphm, Probably the IETF one, then.
[17:51:53] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:52:11] <stpeter> Kev: :-)
[17:53:04] <ralphm> Simon: I think we should digest the notes by Bear and discuss next week, if needed.
[17:53:07] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:53:08] <ralphm> I'm toast.
[17:53:39] <Simon> ralphm: +1
[17:53:47] <ralphm> 4. Date of Next
[17:53:50] <ralphm> +1W
[17:53:55] <ralphm> 5. Close
[17:53:56] <ralphm> Thanks all!
[17:54:00] *ralphm bangs gavel
[17:54:06] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:54:13] <dwd> Thanks, ralphm
[17:54:22] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:54:51] <Kev> I think the intention is for there to be a London Meetup sometime around the end of the month.
[17:54:54] <ralphm> Simon: can you create minutes?
[17:55:12] <Simon> ralphm: sure
[17:55:15] <ralphm> awesome
[17:55:16] <Tobias> Kev, the usual XMPP UK Meetup or something else?
[17:55:23] <Zash> London Meetup!
[17:55:24] <ralphm> Simon: please send them to the members list
[17:55:31] *Simon nods
[17:55:34] <Kev> Tobias: The usual, but possibly proximity will have an effect.
[17:56:07] <ralphm> I still have London reserved in my agenda, but haven't decided on coming yet
[17:56:56] *** Simon shows as "online"
[17:57:07] <Kev> I'm intending to make it over if interesting things are happening.
[17:57:14] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[17:57:34] <Zash> When, exactly, was this supposed to take place?
[17:57:36] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[17:57:43] <Kev> Unknown.
[17:57:54] <ralphm> IETF 89 is 2-7 march
[17:58:01] <stpeter> Zash: that would be Saturday March 1 o rSUnday MArch 2 I suppose -- it
[17:58:06] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:58:12] <ralphm> stpeter: get a new keyboard
[17:58:18] <stpeter> it's easier for me to reserve a free meeting room on Saturday or Sunday
[17:58:30] <stpeter> since that's before the IETF meeting really gets going
[17:58:58] <ralphm> When everybody is still fresh
[17:59:10] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[17:59:26] <stpeter> that too :-)
[17:59:37] *ralphm wanders off
[17:59:49] <stpeter> ok
[18:00:09] *** winfried shows as "xa" and his status message is "sssssttttt! my computer fell asleep"
[18:01:02] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:01:10] <Tobias> yeah..conference climate kills brain cells
[18:01:14] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:01:38] *** winfried shows as "online" and his status message is "It is already a mess here, so chat with me!"
[18:01:58] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:02:28] <Kev> Tobias: You weren't there when my brain stopped on Thursday :)
[18:02:56] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[18:03:05] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:03:07] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:04:30] *** waqas has joined the room
[18:04:55] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:04:55] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:05:37] *** Paulo has left the room
[18:05:52] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:05:52] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:07:01] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:08:58] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[18:11:30] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:11:54] *** winfried has left the room
[18:12:04] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:13:54] *** dwd shows as "online"
[18:14:51] *** SouL has left the room
[18:17:06] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:19:11] *** SouL has joined the room
[18:20:31] *** xnyhps shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:22:09] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:22:18] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[18:23:12] *** dwd shows as "online"
[18:27:11] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:30:16] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:30:18] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:30:37] <stpeter> BTW another possibility for an XMPP meetup in London is Tuesday, March 4 -- that's the day of the XMPP WG session and perhaps we could figure out a way to pay for XSF members to attend on a day pass
[18:30:40] <stpeter> bbiaf
[18:31:19] *** emcho has left the room
[18:32:14] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:33:53] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:35:42] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[18:37:17] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:37:52] *** xnyhps shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:39:46] *** xnyhps shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[18:39:48] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:42:19] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:44:02] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:45:22] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[18:45:24] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:45:42] *** stpeter shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[18:46:16] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:47:22] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:47:56] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:51:43] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[18:52:24] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:52:55] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[18:54:04] *** Kev shows as "away"
[18:55:22] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[18:57:27] *** Simon shows as "online"
[18:58:02] *** stpeter shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[19:02:30] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:07:32] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:07:32] *** stpeter shows as "online"
[19:07:55] <stpeter> OK I need to shut down this machine, bbl
[19:08:03] *** stpeter has left the room
[19:08:42] <ralphm> I thought that hildjj said there wasn't going to be an XMPP WG session. Did I misinterpret that?
[19:12:35] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:13:09] <fippo> there is, updated the wiki page
[19:13:27] <ralphm> fippo: awesome, thanks
[19:14:07] <fippo> stpeter did the work
[19:15:24] <ralphm> thanks, stpeter
[19:17:37] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:22:01] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:22:01] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:22:40] *** Simon shows as "away" and his status message is "Away"
[19:25:00] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:25:00] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:27:00] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:27:42] *** Simon shows as "online"
[19:29:09] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:32:19] *** Simon has left the room
[19:33:00] <ralphm> There. Key signing done, too
[19:35:22] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:35:31] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:38:29] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:39:05] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:39:29] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:39:37] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:42:50] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:45:32] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:46:40] *** dwd shows as "online"
[19:47:10] <intosi> \o/
[19:53:27] *** emcho has joined the room
[19:53:40] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:53:46] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[19:56:40] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:56:51] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:58:05] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[19:59:59] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:01:58] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:02:12] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:02:37] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:05:17] *** dwd shows as "online"
[20:05:53] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:05:58] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:06:58] *** SouL has left the room
[20:08:28] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:09:04] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:10:06] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:10:07] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:11:08] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:11:13] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:11:45] *** SouL has joined the room
[20:13:48] *** emcho has left the room
[20:13:48] *** emcho has joined the room
[20:16:53] *** bear has joined the room
[20:16:58] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "lunch"
[20:25:20] *** Tobias has left the room
[20:31:35] *** bear shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[20:35:18] <dwd> Heh. Yes, stpeter. An early start at the pub is certainly of interest to many in the XMPP community. :-)
[20:35:37] <Zash> o/
[20:36:27] *bear catches up on the meeting logs
[20:37:43] *** Tobias has joined the room
[20:37:45] *** Tobias shows as "online"
[20:39:52] <ralphm> dwd: +1
[20:40:00] <ralphm> bear: snow much?
[20:40:24] <dwd> ralphm, To what? Paying for folk, or going to the pub early?
[20:40:31] <dwd> ralphm, Or both. Both is good too.
[20:40:32] <ralphm> dwd: yes
[20:40:58] <bear> snow then ice and now rain. more snow and ice later tonight
[20:41:07] <bear> it's a miserable day outside :/
[20:41:26] <ralphm> bear: at least you're back online
[20:41:33] <bear> true
[20:41:47] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:42:24] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:44:22] *** Kev shows as "online"
[20:47:54] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:50:37] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:52:48] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:53:09] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[20:56:39] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[20:59:01] *** Lance has left the room
[21:06:01] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[21:06:21] *** Neustradamus_ has joined the room
[21:06:40] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[21:09:09] *** Ash has joined the room
[21:09:24] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[21:13:15] <Ge0rG> bear: would you mind adding http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-2678 to the GSoC list on the xmpp wiki?
[21:13:22] *** bear shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"
[21:13:26] <bear> sure can
[21:13:58] <Neustradamus> thanks guys about jabber.org return!
[21:15:43] <waqas> Does the jabber.org team still make announcements about issues on twitter and the notice page?
[21:17:26] *** emcho has left the room
[21:17:32] *** emcho has joined the room
[21:17:58] <bear> Ge0rG - done
[21:18:14] <Kev> waqas: Not reliably.
[21:18:20] <Ge0rG> bear: +1 for you
[21:18:37] *** dwd shows as "online"
[21:19:38] <Neustradamus> have you planned to do a post about SUMMIT and FOSDEM on the website?
[21:20:04] <waqas> Ge0rG: Is that aSmack getting merged into Smack?
[21:20:45] <Ge0rG> waqas: http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2014/02/02/stepping-down-as-lead
[21:21:04] <Ge0rG> waqas: so yes
[21:21:13] <Ge0rG> Neustradamus: who, and which website?
[21:21:27] <bear> we have a few posts that are pending about the summit - I know for myself that I have been spending the last couple of days recovering from the trip and dealing with work issues
[21:21:49] *Ge0rG will make an extensive blog post about the summit as soon as lance comes up with an update to PUSH
[21:21:51] <dwd> bear, Where did you put that Summit notes page again?
[21:22:28] <bear> dwd http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Summit_15_Minutes
[21:22:32] <Neustradamus> on xmpp.org, maybe bear or other, I was not at Fosdem... :/
[21:22:49] <Ge0rG> unfortunately, great discussion and feedback was not the only thing I got from Brussels. It looks like some evil virus invaded my body, reducing my blogging capacity to 10%
[21:23:17] <bear> like Ge0rG - it seems that something evil has invaded my brain and i'm not 100% at all
[21:23:22] <dwd> Ge0rG, Sorry to hear that. I hope it wasn't the same symptoms as Lloyd and I.
[21:24:26] *Ge0rG is heading back to bed now. cu
[21:24:45] *bear waves to Ge0rG
[21:25:39] *** Neustradamus_ has joined the room
[21:27:11] *** emcho has left the room
[21:27:17] *** emcho has joined the room
[21:27:57] *** Alex has joined the room
[21:30:00] *** Ash has joined the room
[21:31:41] <Neustradamus> Whaou: http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2014/02/05/openfire-390-has-been-released
[21:35:57] <Zash> > The item does not exist. It may have been deleted.
[21:36:24] *** bear shows as "away" and his status message is "Available"
[21:36:58] <Neustradamus> strange...
[21:37:35] <Neustradamus> It is on: http://www.igniterealtime.org/index.jsp
[21:37:43] *** Alex shows as "online"
[21:37:43] *** Neustradamus_ has joined the room
[21:37:53] *** Ash has joined the room
[21:38:20] *** Ash shows as "online"
[21:40:12] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[21:41:52] *** dwd shows as "online"
[21:42:40] *** SouL has left the room
[21:43:24] *** emcho has left the room
[21:43:24] *** emcho has joined the room
[21:44:31] *** Ash has left the room
[21:44:39] *** emcho has left the room
[21:44:50] *** SouL has joined the room
[21:45:35] *** emcho has joined the room
[21:47:35] *** Neustradamus_ shows as "away"
[21:52:51] *** emcho has left the room
[21:53:40] *** emcho has joined the room
[21:59:07] *** emcho has left the room
[21:59:15] *** emcho has joined the room
[22:02:16] *** Lance has joined the room
[22:02:17] *** Lance shows as "online"
[22:05:22] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:05:23] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:07:38] *** emcho has left the room
[22:08:24] *** emcho has joined the room
[22:09:20] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[22:09:33] *** Neustradamus_ shows as "away"
[22:09:37] *** SouL has left the room
[22:15:13] *** Neustradamus_ shows as "away"
[22:16:38] *** emcho has left the room
[22:16:45] *** Emil Ivov has joined the room
[22:19:30] *** Neustradamus shows as "away"
[22:20:04] *** Neustradamus_ shows as "away"
[22:20:26] <Kev> I have a question about the London suggested dates of Saturday the 1st or Sunday the 3rd.
[22:20:39] <Kev> :)
[22:21:33] <dwd> Right, we missed out Saturday-night the 2nd.
[22:21:43] <dwd> It'll be a long night.
[22:24:35] <Lance> Ge0rG: I'm working on the Push XEP now :)
[22:30:03] <Ge0rG> Lance: ♥
[22:32:47] *** Neustradamus shows as "xa"
[22:33:34] *** Neustradamus has left the room
[22:34:30] *** waqas has left the room
[22:34:44] *** Neustradamus has joined the room
[22:35:36] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:35:44] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:47:39] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:47:40] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:54:23] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:55:07] *** xnyhps shows as "online"
[22:58:41] *** waqas has joined the room
[23:01:39] *** dwd shows as "away" and his status message is " (Away as a result of being idle more than 5 min)"
[23:06:23] *** Kev shows as "away"
[23:11:40] *** dwd shows as "xa" and his status message is " (Not available as a result of being idle more than 15 min)"
[23:13:15] *** Link Mauve shows as "xa"
[23:19:49] *** Tobias has left the room
[23:26:24] *** Emil Ivov has left the room
[23:27:37] *** emcho has joined the room
[23:34:14] *** emcho has left the room
[23:55:58] *** bear shows as "online" and his status message is "Available"