jonas’good thing that Burgers are on the shopping list for tomorrow!
jonas’assuming that Ge0rG will hop in again…
jonas’2) Agenda Bashing
Ge0rGis still hanging in a phone conference
Ge0rGinitially I wanted to add my 0401 changes, but those don't depend on Council
jonas’3) Editor’s Update
jonas’I fgorgot to update that section in the email...
dwdWelcome mdosch again?
jonas’The LC for XEP-0443 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2021) ended
jonas’which also means that we add another agendum: Decide on advancement of XEP-0443
jonas’yep, it was started two weeks ago so that we can vote on it in this meeting ;-)
jonas’4) Items for voting
jonas’4a) MR!29: XEP-0045: specify use of <delay/> in subject message
jonas’as discussed last week
jonas’I am +1 on this
dwd+1, I thought we did this. Or that someone did this at least.
jonas’dwd, everyone thinks so, but it’s not written down anywhere
jonas’I’m assuming that Ge0rG will vote late due to his conference.
jonas’4b) Proposed XMPP Extension: Pre-Authenticated In-Band Registration
Abstract: This document extends the In-Band-Registration protocol to use invitation tokens, e.g. for registering accounts on non-public servers.
Ge0rGAlso thanks Dave for the review and on-list feedback
dwdI need to think a bit on this one, sorry. Sam's comments raise further thoughts.
jonas’dwd, thanks for the namespace note, I’ll add it to the spreadsheet for the editors to take care of
dwdjonas’, I might be persuaded on the namespace, actually.
Ge0rGI like that namespace.
Ge0rGsee list discussion
jonas’yep, will add a note to "see list discussion" :)
jonas’dwd, i take that as "on list"?
Ge0rGSam made a very generic point that applies to all of the pre-authenticated phase.
jonas’4c) Decide on Advancement of XEP-0443 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2021)
Ge0rGthere was some feedback today
jonas’There were comments during the LC which should be addressed
jonas’one way or the other
jonas’well, not actually *during* the LC
jonas’but close enough, given the intent of this LC anyway
Ge0rGThere were two Last Calls?
ZashOne from a few days ago
Ge0rGOr maybe just two emails, one at the beginning and one at the end, using the same template
danielthere was feedback today?
jonas’yeah, but the same ending date
jonas’strange stuff happened in the automation yesterday
Ge0rGa mail sent yesterday 15:54:11, advertising the end of the LC for eob on the same day
jonas’<editor-hat>daniel, I’d be interested to hear if you can provide details as to why, later</editor-hat>
danieljust martins mail
danielnot editors email
dwdAh, I've not seen that thread either. I'll have to therefore be on-list.
jonas’so we had LC feedback from both daniel and martin, which Ge0rG will hopefully address
Ge0rGjonas’: of course I will.
jonas’and thus I don’t think it makes sense to vote on this now
moparisthebest(likely spf+dkim list misconfiguration still)
Ge0rGI'd also like to see *more* feedback on the LC, even given that nobody cares about it.
Ge0rGit = Compliance Suites
jonas’Ge0rG, are you sure? ;-) The last time was burn-outy
danielGe0rG, what kind of feedback are you looking for?
jonas’anyway, moving on
jonas’(we can have that discussion as AOB or outside of this meeting)
Ge0rGdaniel: are there any XEPs missing, should some XEPs be removed?
jonas’5) Date of Next
dwdI forget, do we have the Jingle bits in the compliance suite now?
jonas’+1w wfm, I hope I’ll not miss it (because it’s a local holiday)
jonas’no wait, that’s the week after, nevermind
jonas’so +1w wfm, unconditionally
Ge0rGjonas’: well, 11/11 is also a local holiday in some parts of Germany ;)
dwdI'm potentially moving house next week, but hopefully I'll make the meeting.
jonas’dwd, good luck!
dwdjonas’, No luck involved - we have the house now - just a matter of deciding when.
jonas’dwd, IME, luck is involved when moving, one way or the other :)
jonas’6a) Election season
I note that there are more applications now, which is nice :)
jonas’any other AOB or points to this AOB?
jonas’hands the mic to Ge0rG
Ge0rG6b) Compliance Suite 2021
dwd(I hear there's some other election on at the moment too)
Ge0rGdaniel: thanks very much for your A/V additions and the LC feedback; I'm looking for feedback regarding further XEPs that should be added, XEPs that should be moved from non-normative to normative and XEPs that might be removed
Ge0rGlike e.g. XEP-0425 was proposed by mdosch
Ge0rGit's Experimental, but it might be a good addition for Advanced IM
danieli think we lack experience on that one. especially but not just because it uses fastening
ZashUnder Future development perhaps then?
danielthat might be interesting
jonas’+1 on that
Ge0rGI think it was implemented in Converse and everybody else ignored it.
Ge0rGokay, noted for the non-normative part of IM
Zash(There's a Prosody module for it)
jonas’Ge0rG, I thought for Future Dev, not for non-normative IM?
dwdI'm going to have to head off, I'm afraid - someone's arrived a bit early - but I'll commit to going through the suite.
Ge0rGjonas’: roger, will add it to "Future Dev".
jonas’dwd, thanks, have a nice evening!
Ge0rGI'd like to kindly ask each Council member to review the XEPs that were touched in the last year for inclusion into CS.
ZashGot a list?
jonas’Ge0rG, would you also like to kindly ask the Editor to provide such a list?
Ge0rGjonas’: that'd be awesome.
jonas’mdosch, ^ do you want to take that on?
Ge0rGI think the Editors can clarify the next steps off-meeting
Ge0rG6c) XEP-0401 and ibr-token
Ge0rGI actually intended to ask Dave for some more feedback, but this will have to happen on-list now
jonas’Does ibr-token document what snikket does?
ZashSo how is the intended relation between those three XEPs?
Ge0rGZash: the third one being?
Ge0rG0379 is the roster-adding part, ibr-token is the account-creation part, and 0401 is the one putting it all together
Ge0rGor maybe just pulling tokens via ad-hoc
Ge0rGI'm not 100% sure yet
ZashI note there's conflicting overlap with 401, is this what the change you mentioned addresses?
Ge0rGI had some slight disagreement with the 0401 author about the direction, and I'm not yet confident how we will resolve that
jonas’Zash, for that, note https://gitlab.com/xsf/xeps/-/merge_requests/33
Ge0rGZash: anything IBR got removed from 0401 in ^
ZashAs I think I've stated before, I very much would like all this moved onto IBR2 in the The Future™
mdosch> I'd like to kindly ask each Council member to review the XEPs that were touched in the last year for inclusion into CS.
> mdosch, ^ do you want to take that on?
I'll do. 😃
ZashOnce SASL2, IBR2 etc is in shape
Ge0rGZash: yes, that's the goal. We'll reference IBR2 / SASL2 / XMPP2-IBR / TODO:TODO in 0401 once that's ready
Ge0rGbut until somebody starts working on it, we have the status quo documented in ibr-token and referenced from 0401
jonas’more can happen in the protoxep thread on lit, I think✎
jonas’more can happen in the protoxep thread on list, I think ✏
Ge0rGI'm pretty sure that some people will prevent ibr-token from ever passing Experimental, but I'm fine with that
Ge0rGhands the mic to jonas’
jonas’any other AOB?
jonas’7) Ite Meeting Est
Ge0rGthanks jonas’, thanks Tedd, thanks everyone
ZashTanks jonas’, all, Tedd
Ge0rGZash: no tanks please
Ge0rGI really hope that we can get through the election without violence.