XMPP Council - 2021-03-17


  1. B has joined
  2. Link Mauve has left
  3. Lance has joined
  4. Lance has left
  5. debacle has left
  6. Tobias has joined
  7. paul has joined
  8. Guus has joined
  9. Guus has left
  10. Link Mauve has joined
  11. debacle has joined
  12. dwd has joined
  13. B has left
  14. B has joined
  15. stpeter has joined
  16. Wojtek has joined
  17. jonas’ 1) Roll Call
  18. jonas’ present
  19. Zash Is it time, already?
  20. jonas’ it is!
  21. jonas’ daniel, dwd ( Ge0rG maybe?)
  22. Ge0rG we have a Ge0rG
  23. daniel oh
  24. daniel i'm here
  25. dwd Hey.
  26. jonas’ \o/
  27. jonas’ 2) Agenda Bashing
  28. jonas’ Ge0rG wanted to add issuing and shepherding a '280 LC to the agenda
  29. jonas’ which we shall hereby do
  30. Ge0rG That
  31. jonas’ any other amendments?
  32. Zash none here
  33. jonas’ also, if anyone has any AOB, just shout throughout the meeting so that we can avoid the awkward silence in the end :)
  34. jonas’ (thanks to dwd for that idea)
  35. jonas’ 3) Editor’s Update
  36. jonas’ LC for '313 issued, please respond
  37. jonas’ 4) Items for voting
  38. jonas’ 4a) Issue LC for XEP-0280 with Ge0rG as shepherd
  39. dwd +1
  40. Ge0rG jonas’: well, technically that's not quite what I asked for.
  41. jonas’ I think we don’t *have* to formally vote on this necessarily, but it is borderline to an author addition so I want to play this safe
  42. jonas’ Ge0rG, it is not?
  43. Zash +1
  44. jonas’ then please clarify
  45. Ge0rG jonas’: I wanted to become *the* author of the document.
  46. jonas’ ah well
  47. Zash THE
  48. jonas’ did you contact the current authors already?
  49. dwd Either, both.
  50. Ge0rG jonas’: it was discussed on standards@
  51. jonas’ look at that, I missed it
  52. jonas’ *skimming*
  53. jonas’ ok, so Joe ACKed, we’d just have to get hold of Matthew Miller or force remove them. I never had any interactions with them, so I don’t know how reachable they’d be
  54. Kev Becoming *The* author would be unusual. Our SOP is to add unless the original author asked to be removed.
  55. Ge0rG Well, not technically the *author* but the maintainer. Whatever that means in terms of ordering names on the frontpage.
  56. Kev Is there any reason to remove them?
  57. Ge0rG Kev: no
  58. jonas’ right
  59. jonas’ so, let me rephrase
  60. Kev Then I suggest Council says “Thanks Georg, welcome to the author list”.
  61. jonas’ 4a') Add Ge0rG to the XEP-0280 authors
  62. Zash How is that different from shepherd then?
  63. Ge0rG Zash: the shepherd is a temporary position AFAICT
  64. dwd +1 to that too.
  65. jonas’ +1
  66. Kev Zash: Shepherd just gets through the standards process.
  67. Ge0rG +1
  68. Zash +1
  69. jonas’ Zash, doesn’t matter if it gets accepted, but if it transitions back to Experimental it matters
  70. dwd Shepherd is not as good for acknowledgement.
  71. Ge0rG I can't put "shepherd" on my CV
  72. jonas’ I can, kind of
  73. jonas’ but in a very different way
  74. jonas’ (scnr)
  75. Ge0rG jonas’: but you are shepherd of all XEPs.
  76. Zash XEPherd?
  77. Ge0rG Is there a hoodie for that?
  78. jonas’ daniel, vote?
  79. Zash There's a yak joke somewhere, I can feel it.
  80. daniel +1
  81. jonas’ thanks
  82. Ge0rG anything to vote on re LC?
  83. jonas’ Ge0rG, then please go ahead and make the changes you’d like to make to '280, adding yourself as the author
  84. jonas’ no, LC is requested by the author
  85. Ge0rG Hereby I fromally ask ~Council~ The Editor to do a Last Call of 0280.
  86. Ge0rG Hereby I formally ask ~Council~ The Editor to do a Last Call of 0280.
  87. jonas’ Ge0rG, you’re not an author of that doc… nevermind ;)
  88. jonas’ will do, soon™
  89. jonas’ 5) Pending Votes
  90. jonas’ PR#1044 had some discussion on-list
  91. jonas’ https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1044
  92. jonas’ AFAIK, we’re still missing votes from Ge0rG, dwd and me
  93. Ge0rG Yes. Was that hidden in the council minutes thread?
  94. jonas’ was what hidden?
  95. Ge0rG Ah, no. A real thread!
  96. jonas’ yeah, crazy, I know
  97. Ge0rG Thanks fippo! I'll read it up ASAP.
  98. dwd +1
  99. jonas’ I am +1 based on the lack of negative feedback and the presence of that positive feedback and my own judgement about the addition being "probably fine"
  100. jonas’ Ge0rG, I take that as "no vote today"?
  101. jonas’ Ge0rG, I take that as "no vote in this meeting"?
  102. Ge0rG jonas’: yes, sorry.
  103. jonas’ no worries
  104. jonas’ 6) Date of Next
  105. Ge0rG I *think* +1W will be fine. But I might be caught in traffic right at that time.
  106. dwd +1W WFM
  107. Ge0rG Anyway, I'll try to vote PR#1044 before that.
  108. jonas’ +1w likely wfm, there will be some (physical) installation happening here, so I might get pulled out
  109. Zash +1w wfm
  110. daniel +1w wfm
  111. jonas’ \o/
  112. jonas’ 7) AOB
  113. jonas’ I didn’t hear anyone shout during the meeting soooo ....
  114. jonas’ 8) Ite Meeting Est
  115. jonas’ thanks everyone, thanks Tedd
  116. Zash Thanks jonas’. Thanks Tedd. Thanks all.
  117. Ge0rG Wow, I missed the awkward silence.
  118. Ge0rG Thanks jonas’
  119. jonas’ quick note that we’ll have DST in europe between next week and the week thereafter
  120. Zash OH no
  121. jonas’ doesn’t affect next week’s scheduling
  122. Ge0rG I thought the EU set out to abolish DST?
  123. jonas’ I think covid pulled resources away from that endeavour
  124. Zash Det bidde inget. 🙁
  125. jonas’ "bidde"?
  126. Zash variant of "blev"
  127. Zash It happened not.
  128. debacle has left
  129. dwd has left
  130. Tobias has left
  131. Tobias has joined
  132. debacle has joined
  133. B has left
  134. B has joined
  135. daniel has left
  136. daniel has joined
  137. Wojtek has left
  138. stpeter has left
  139. stpeter has joined
  140. B has left
  141. B has joined
  142. Tobias has left
  143. stpeter has left
  144. B has left
  145. B has joined
  146. stpeter has joined
  147. Link Mauve has left
  148. paul has left