moparisthebesttl;dr your distro messed up, needs recompiled to fix, but possibly dino could make that fail to compile vs fail at runtime
danielWhat needs recompiling?
danielBecause I did compile Dino myself
moparisthebestI'm not entirely clear on that, you have to set the flags so only 1 of the soup's is used, or try that branch linked at the bottom of that issue ?
danielMhh probably both I guess. The flag to not make it immediately crash. And then the branch to not make it crash under certain conditions I guess...
danielhello from dino
larmamoparisthebest, fail to compile actually doesn't work because we can't know at compile time if the libsoup version used by libgupnp used by libnice will be 2 or 3, because the update of libgupnp which migrated from 2 to 3 does not bump the .so number, meaning it is updated independently of libnice.
Fedora people seem to be the only ones noticing that this is a major issue so they made it something to specifically look at for the next release https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/libsoup_3:_Part_One
moparisthebest> because the update of libgupnp which migrated from 2 to 3 does not bump the .so number
larmawell they argue they are ABI compatible which is somewhat true because the libsoup version is not really exposed to apps using it
larmabut yeah, it's a mess. Also it doesn't help that libsoup 3 is still rather unstable (ton of bugs / incorrect behavior in their http/2 implementation)
moparisthebestit's ABI compatible except if you try to use it in your application it'll crash ! :D
larmaonly if your application dares to use libsoup 2 😉
jonas’I may be late by a few minutes
moparisthebestI'm fine waiting
daniel1) roll call
daniel2) Agenda bashing
danielnothing. It's gonna be a quick meeting
daniel3) Editors update
none this week
daniel4) Items for voting
nothing new this week
daniel5) Pending votes
Ge0rGI'm +1 on everything!
danielGe0rG is pending on three proposed xeps
danielok thank you Ge0rG
danielthis means all three XEPs from two weeks ago are accepted
daniel6) Date of next
moparisthebest+1w wfm, back at the normal time for me
larmaI might be at a place without internet connectivity next week
jonas’I note we only have one applicant so far
larmaI intend to reapply, just failed to do it yet
larmait's still 3 days left
jonas’I'm not sure yet
jonas’which makes it rather likely that I'll miss the deadline
moparisthebestI'm going to reapply too
MattJjonas’, is your decision depending on any external factors that can be controlled?
jonas’MattJ, I don't think I'm particularly suited for council given the lack of insight I have nowadays in much of the protocol topics.
jonas’that makes it tricky to vote on stuff with sufficient confidence and that's not a nice position to be in
jonas’I wonder if that'll improve when I'm not detracted by having to touch xsf/xeps anymore :shrug:
jonas’but that's a bet on the future and I'm at this point not quite sure I want to take that bet
danielok. I assume no other AOB
larmathanks daniel 🙂
moparisthebestjonas’, fwiw I think lack of insight can be a good thing, if the XEP isn't clear in and of itself, if it's only clear given sufficient tribal knowledge, then it's a bad XEP